I was just about to put together the BDOTW post when I saw this gorgeous picture of Michelle Williams on the red carpet tonight for the 2010 London Film Festival Premiere for “Blue Valentine.”

The platinum blonde actress wore a beautiful Erdem ‘Margot’ red lace dress from the Spring 2010 collection with 3/4 length sleeves.

Her dress is slightly longer from the runway, but it doesn’t take anything away from her look.

What I love most about this look – apart from the dress – is the quiff and the animal print Charlotte Olympia heels.

Thank god they’re not matching her Charlotte Olympia clutch.

A very late BDOTW contender.

If you’re wondering about the hair colour, Michelle is currently filming “My Week With Marilyn” in which she plays the iconic Marilyn Monroe in the biopic.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

34 Comments
Borders “Elixir” Book Presentation – Hilary Duff In Alexander McQueen, Alexander Wang & Current Elliott

2010 London Film Festival "Conviction" Premiere - Hilary Swank In Donna Karan

2010 London Film Festival “Conviction” Premiere – Hilary Swank In Donna Karan

34 Responses to 2010 London Film Festival: “Blue Valentine” Premiere – Michelle Williams In Erdem

1. kit October 15, 2010 at 18:43 #

Oh wow, yes I love it. I haven’t been fond of her recent red carpet outfits, I always want something with a little more bang and this is definitely it. Perfect.

2. Hisadora October 15, 2010 at 18:48 #

Stunning!!!!!!! She looks amazing here. The hair, the dress, the clutch, the shoes, everything is working.

3. Mel October 15, 2010 at 18:54 #

I’m not sure of her as Marilyn but I love how she carries her new look. Here she looks amazing, my favorite part are her risky pumps, I’ll never wear that dress with those shoes and she proves me how worng it will be.

The only think I’ll change is the skirt, I prefer the runaway version. Now that I think about it, is really weird to see Michelle in short skirt, isn’t it? it could be great is she tries a mini someday.

4. Moxie October 15, 2010 at 18:58 #

Oh my… At first I thought this was a much older actress. This look ages her quite a lot. Not the dress as much as the platinum blond hair that looks white and the style.

5. mm October 15, 2010 at 18:59 #

Who styled her?? I LOVE this look. This is quirky, on trend and very Michelle.

6. dee October 15, 2010 at 19:03 #

I like her outift but I think her hairstyle ages her. I wish she wore her hair down maybe with some loose curls.

• G October 15, 2010 at 19:17 #

I agree about the hair, but I still think she looks amazing. Especially with those shoes!

Gah! She’s adorable.

7. shruti October 15, 2010 at 19:08 #

Eeeeee…Neck up she kinda looks like an old lady… Maybe it’s the lighting? Neck down it’s a pretty look although there seems to be something off with the hem of the dress. She’s done way better than this on the red carpet. Definitely not one her high points. Love the shoes though.

• shruti October 15, 2010 at 19:09 #

one of her*

8. mol October 15, 2010 at 19:12 #

Her hair is too platinum for me (I agree with those who think it ages her), but otherwise, I love everything about this look, especially the animal print shoes with the lace pattern of the dress – they are a complete surprise put together but work perfectly.

9. Coco October 15, 2010 at 19:14 #

The hair,the dress,all of it screams GRANDMA. Just awful. Possibly the WORST dressed of the week for me.

• Gigi October 15, 2010 at 19:33 #

Coco, I couldn’t agree with you more. I think she looks terrible. But it seems I am always in the minority. I’m with you … WDOTS

• Coco October 15, 2010 at 19:45 #

I am with you. I almost never agree with the ones that are raved about lol

• Henrique October 15, 2010 at 19:48 #

Agreed.

• Ev October 15, 2010 at 19:54 #

I am with you on that. She looks so old here, mostly because of her hair. I like her dress, shoes and clutch, but together they look off. I agree on possibly the worst dressed of the week.

• lici_u October 15, 2010 at 23:10 #

You`re right. Plus the shoes are awful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Iris October 16, 2010 at 00:14 #

I must agree with you. Her hair doesn’t bother me as much as the dress itself. I looked several times at that picture and just can’t see the amazing-factor the majority sees. Oh well.

• Linda October 16, 2010 at 18:20 #

Me neither. She’s done much better than this.

10. Vidhya October 15, 2010 at 19:15 #

This dress and the marc jacobs dress that kate hudson wore.. yeah they r stunning and all.. but they wud have looked so much better in the daylight.. these r spring dresses.. summery and light. So unsuited for an evening, artificial lighting..

11. Hannah October 15, 2010 at 19:28 #

I do loveErdem. Such delicate peices. I wish it was a a bit shorter, but it is beautiful. Ialsowish her hair wasn’t platinum, and with a bracelet ring or earrings. I really like that her calssy, less skin style is so different form many looks we see nowadays.

12. DC October 15, 2010 at 19:56 #

michelle does under stated chic and style like no one else…she pulls off show stopping styles. not bad for the other girl from dawsons creek..she always looks so effortless as well, like she just pulled it together in minutes…love it, love her!

13. Methedrine October 15, 2010 at 19:57 #

She looks lovely

14. wilwarin October 15, 2010 at 20:01 #

she does looking amazing but i wish her hair was little darker, this shade makes her look older and washed out… and really pail…

15. Lee Ann October 15, 2010 at 20:28 #

She looks 50 years older and I think the animal print shoes look odd. Not one of my favourite looks.

16. Kathy October 15, 2010 at 20:29 #

the only thing that saves this look for me is the dress.
    i would’ve prefered nude heels and a light coloured clutch.
    and the hair… oh.. the hair.. it ages her so badly!

17. Amanda October 15, 2010 at 21:25 #

Her hair is so platinum (I dont like it) because she is playinh Marylin-which is probably why her eyebrows are darker than usual, as well.

• molly October 15, 2010 at 22:58 #

THAT makes it all make sense! Thank you for redeeming Michelle’s fashion sense – the hair color is for a role!

18. GirlOne October 15, 2010 at 22:35 #

So pretty!

19. Marvel October 15, 2010 at 22:46 #

I think she does look far too old for her age and and the blonde hair isnt helping. She needed to inject some life into this look but failed

20. sara October 15, 2010 at 22:51 #

what happened with her hair??!!she seems an old lady!

21. Alicat October 15, 2010 at 23:09 #

I didn’t recognise her. This is the same girl who used to sport that cute elfin cut? Not only is the platinum colour too severe but the styling of her is extremely aging. Partner that with a lace dress and it has “granny” written all over. The only redeeming features are the colour of the dress and the shoes, which don’t really compliment the dress, but at least they look youngish.

22. Ayesha October 16, 2010 at 06:49 #

i dislike everything about her look except the beautiful dress.

23. mochababe73 October 16, 2010 at 11:26 #

I don’t like this at all. She looks old, frumpy, and dowdy. What makes her look so bad is the hair color and the length of the dress. The garment looks so much better shorter. And, I really dislike the color.

24. Megan December 19, 2010 at 12:15 #

I like the dress. Where can I find something similar?