Actress Jessica Lowndes arrived at the GUESS and Marie Claire Event to Benefit Sojarn in Hollywood last night.

The young actress wore a Stella McCartney Fall 2010 red paisley embroidered top with a sheer black overlay which she paired with a black mini skirt.

I don’t hate the look, but I wish she’d worn something a bit more exciting.

On the plus side I love how her Jimmy Choo ‘Latoya’ clutch matches the embroidery on her top.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

"Never Let Me Go" After Party - Keira Knightley In Nina Ricci

“Never Let Me Go” After Party – Keira Knightley In Nina Ricci

Kate Hudson, Gwyneth Paltrow & Hilary Swank For Elle US November 2010

Kate Hudson, Gwyneth Paltrow & Hilary Swank For Elle US November 2010

8 Responses to GUESS and Marie Claire Event to Benefit Sojarn – Jessica Lowndes In Stella McCartney

1. AmyY October 14, 2010 at 15:22 #

I’m not mega excited by this on Jessica either!

I think Liv Tyler has worn this dress – was it at the 2010 Costume Institute Gala? Or something similar! x

2. f4fashion October 14, 2010 at 16:13 #

The black pants makes the top stand out on the model. Eventhough Jessica’s accessories are nice, I just feel something is missing.

3. Ethne Blist October 14, 2010 at 16:16 #

She is attending a GUESS event anyone…most wouldn’t have worn something classy like Stella McCartney. I love how she chose a red clutch. I think this is a good look for that even. Jessica does have good style.

4. Lee Ann October 14, 2010 at 16:20 #

I hate the look. Part of the chicness of the runway is pairing it with trousers. Her skirt is too short and not A line enough to carry the shape of the blouse. It is made worse with the ankle straps on the shoes that cut the length of her already short legs. Do these girls own mirrors ? It looks like a teen ge approach to fashion with apologies to all of the well dressed teenagers out there.

5. mol October 14, 2010 at 17:17 #

The interesting shape of the top as it appears OTR is completely lost on Jessica – but she’s very pretty, and I agree with FC that the red clutch is a great choice to emphasize the embroidered underlay.

6. Leslie October 14, 2010 at 17:26 #

I love that her lipstick, and cutch match the embroidery on her top, but I agree with f4fashion, something’s missing.
    Maybe she should have done something with her hair…

7. mochababe73 October 15, 2010 at 01:28 #

I really like this on her. But…I am not a Stella fan so this is so different from what I perceive as one of her designs.
    I guess that I will be the dissenting opinion. I like it.

8. Marvel October 15, 2010 at 22:58 #

Her make-up is whats putting me off this look