14.10.10 Premiere

“Conviction” New York Screening – Hilary Swank In J.Mendel

Hilary Swank is still promoting her new movie “Conviction”.

In fact this is the second New York Screening this week.

On this occasion she wore a blue J. Mendel dress.

Her cowl-neck jersey sleeveless dress with a draped wrap skirt was paired with the most beautiful Sergio Rossi studded gladiator ankle boots.

Her heels almost upstage her dress.

Hilary kept the blue theme going with blue drop earrings.

A lot of you are having trouble warming to Hilary during this promo tour.

Are you liking this look?

Credit: Getty

Marchesa Spring 2011 Close Up

Marchesa Spring 2011 Close Up

Madame Tussauds Wax Figure Unveiling - Eva Longoria In Reem Acra

Madame Tussauds Wax Figure Unveiling – Eva Longoria In Reem Acra

33 Responses to “Conviction” New York Screening – Hilary Swank In J.Mendel

1. Jimmy October 14, 2010 at 18:19 #

I love Hilary, she’s a very talented artist. The dress, for some reason reminds me of Super Woman, all she needs is a headband and a bracelet. Let’s just says it look ok on her.

Jimmy

• molly October 14, 2010 at 18:41 #

agreed.
      The cowel neck and the bottom of the dress is too much on her. The shoes only hurt the look. I would have opted for grey pumps or even blue. A simple up do or a more put together down look could have saved this, but the ratty hair does nothing besides make her look like she rolled out of bed.

2. Gigi October 14, 2010 at 18:35 #

Jimmy, I want to look like Superwoman. She is so dang l-e-a-n and I think this dress looks amazing on her.

3. zyn October 14, 2010 at 18:38 #

I dont like her in this dress or heels

• Hannah October 14, 2010 at 22:38 #

Yes I agree, they are competing. Not an issue for me of the shoes upstaging the dress, but the dress and heels being completely unconnected. I love the hells, and I love the dress. Her hair really bothers me too, the iffy parting, the ombre colour, how limp it is. The look is just too disconnected for me. What a shame.

4. heather October 14, 2010 at 18:40 #

I think she’s talented as well, but not in the fashion department! I’ve never found that hemline to flatter anyone’s legs, and this is no exception. And why does she have to always match her makeup/nail polish to her clothes? First the turquoise eyeliner, now the blue toes!

5. mol October 14, 2010 at 18:46 #

I hate to say this, but it feels like Hilary is trying to hard to be a more sexy/colorful persona with this movie promotion – maybe I’m wrong, but in any case, I really don’t like the electric blue heels, they look simply silly to me.

6. jen October 14, 2010 at 18:52 #

love this look. she is bringing sexy back

7. shruti October 14, 2010 at 18:52 #

It would’ve worked a LOT better with different shoes. They’re too overwhelming and the fact that they’re blue makes it worse.

• Taylor October 14, 2010 at 22:14 #

Agreed, did not like the matching shoes with the dress, just too much.

8. anne October 14, 2010 at 18:58 #

Wow! I love it. In fact i love it so much that i’m not going to say anything about the hair. i like what she wears most of the time mostly because she’s classy but also not afraid to take risks.I think the problem with people not warming up to her is that she doesn’t always have the right attitude to go with what she wears. It feels like she’s always seeking approval. Having said that, in my opinion this is a fantastic look.

9. Hisadora October 14, 2010 at 19:05 #

I love this look, from head to toe. The shoes are wonderful with this dress, she’s just gorgeous!!

10. Rebecca October 14, 2010 at 19:07 #

I don’t think this hemline looks good on anyone when the dress is this short–Hilary has gorgeous legs and a wonderful figure–but this just looks silly.

11. dee October 14, 2010 at 19:35 #

The shoes don’t go with the dress, her hair should be off her shoulders and the hemline of her dress a little longer. Overall its too much blue.

• sonia October 14, 2010 at 22:54 #

girl you where reading my mind while writing the post!!! we’re connected!! I love blue as I love pancakes but I don’t eat 20 at a time!!!hehe

• dee October 15, 2010 at 00:01 #

LOL…I love blue too but tis is just too much.

12. Moxie October 14, 2010 at 19:48 #

I think she looks good, except the hair is a mess. Didn’t she bring a brush with her? The shoes are a little TOO blue, but the style goes great with the dress. I love the color.

13. Amelia October 14, 2010 at 20:25 #

I think this is her best look on this promo tour so far, but still nothing impressive; I really wish she’d worn different heels, these are totally distracting from her dress

• Linda October 16, 2010 at 18:36 #

Agree…better than most of her looks, but not amazing.

14. robbie October 14, 2010 at 20:37 #

personally i dont think its the clothes that are the problem it seems to be her, she never “works” the clothes, if she put a little more personality into her looks.

15. Mo October 14, 2010 at 20:43 #

I also think the drape top AND bottom are too much. Luv the colour on her. Love her shoes, but ugghh the hair!!

16. Elena October 14, 2010 at 22:01 #

Love it… love her shoes!!: she looks great!

17. Alicat October 14, 2010 at 23:28 #

Love the shoes. Love the dress. But not together on Hilary. They just don’t gel. If you block out the shoes, the dress looks great. It’s a pity about her hair though…

18. mochababe73 October 15, 2010 at 00:22 #

I have a hard time warming up to her because I find her boring. She wears some of the prettiest clothing, but I don’t think that she has enough oomph!
    I love the dress, but in this one instance, she should have worn some plain shoes.
    To be honest, I like the shoes more than the dress.

19. KateS October 15, 2010 at 00:45 #

I almost like this look, but the blue earrings and nailpolish overcook it.

20. asherlev1 October 15, 2010 at 01:04 #

OMG what? People aren’t liking Hillary? I *adore* everything she’s been wearing. But maybe that’s just because I haven’t paid too much attention to her before, so seeing in her all these dresses now is all fun and new for me. Either way, I’ve been loving everything. TRuly.

21. Jones19 October 15, 2010 at 01:15 #

Ugh her hair is killing me…those roots! This is too heave a contrast to be the ombre trend right? Eww

22. june October 15, 2010 at 05:44 #

i think she looks great, but everything is way, way too matching. her earrings, her dress, her shoes, even her toe nails are all the same blue. EVEN HER TOE NAILS. that’s taking matching way too far, for me.

23. Karina October 15, 2010 at 06:15 #

I liked the look, specially the shoes!

24. wilwarin October 15, 2010 at 10:21 #

i love the colour and the shoes and the dress but somehow there’s too much drama in this look… for me either shoes or dress had to be toned down .

25. Emi October 15, 2010 at 11:21 #

I LIKE THIS LOOK FROM HEAD TO TOE.

26. Marvel October 15, 2010 at 22:56 #

LOVE LOVE the heel sbut disappointed that she had to match EVERYTHING with the heels

27. moja31 October 15, 2010 at 23:55 #

i really like the dress, but i hate the rest of it.