Carey Mulligan looked beautiful on the red carpet for the 2010 London Film Festival Premiere for “Never Let Me Go”.

She also wore one of her favourite designers: Vionnet.

You may remember she wore this designer to the BAFTAs this year.

This time she wore a gorgeous Vionnet colour-block halter dress with Giuseppe Zanotti for Vionnet gold wedges from the Spring 2011 collection.

She’s lacking in energy here but her hair, dress and shoes are so beautiful that’s all I can focus on.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Who Wore Christian Dior Better...Sun Li or Pixie Lott?

Who Wore Christian Dior Better…Sun Li or Pixie Lott?

In Alex Curran's Closet - IRO Silk Playsuit

In Alex Curran’s Closet – IRO Silk Playsuit

36 Responses to 2010 London Film Festival: “Never Let Me Go” Premiere – Carey Mulligan In Vionnet

1. robbie October 13, 2010 at 19:33 #

the dress is gorgeous but she looks so depressed, which makes me lose a little love for it. plus dont really like that she is wearing the same shoes that were presented with the dress.

2. Sara B. October 13, 2010 at 19:38 #

I wish she’d learn how to pose for the cameras. If she was “working” this dress, the photo would be amazing!

• Hannah October 13, 2010 at 19:45 #

I agree. I don’t even think she has to work the dress, just not look so petrified. Even when she just smiles (in Christpher Kane, no less). I hopeit is just time, she needs to get more comfortable on the red carpet. I do, however LOVE the dress.

• Julie October 14, 2010 at 00:30 #

I like her modified version better, but she’s normally smiling on the RC and needs to smile here.

3. Terry October 13, 2010 at 19:45 #

She’s never been one of the most smiling celebrities on the red carpet, I’m quite used to her frown. If I should only consider the outfit, I think it’s lovely! Nice hairstyle, too.

4. Leti October 13, 2010 at 20:15 #

I would have preferred this with a belt. I find this rather shapeless.

• sonia October 13, 2010 at 20:59 #

you’re right,the thing is, if you are going to wear a rather complicated look you need some atitude…and the belt!!!!!!!

• Gaber October 14, 2010 at 10:37 #

The lack of the belt absolutely kills this look.

5. molly October 13, 2010 at 20:17 #

The hair and the shoes are great, but Im really not feeling this dress…I think I might like it better if she had chosen to wear a belt. Its too loose around the waist considering how tiny she is.

• Fashion Critic October 13, 2010 at 20:32 #

hmm…I’m still on the fence re: the belt

6. GirlOne October 13, 2010 at 20:31 #

Great, great, great! Two fantastic outfits in a day.

7. mol October 13, 2010 at 20:34 #

The dress is very beautiful and generally, it’s very suited to her – but the little girl lost look always on her face is beginning to get to me I love her acting, I just wish she would bring a little of that to the red carpet….. after all, it’s part of her job and I really can’t feel pity for her if she just doesn’t like this part of it.

8. Hermione Weasley October 13, 2010 at 20:43 #

I like everything except the shoes. Can’t get over them :/ the hair is spectacular, though.

9. Naomi October 13, 2010 at 20:54 #

I really love the dress and make-up, but I really hate her hair and those chunky shoes…

10. Sharon October 13, 2010 at 21:29 #

I don’t believe a pleasant look is too much to expect from people who call themselves “actors”. An odd choice of professions if one is camera-shy. Anyway, I like the dress. I wish she looked like she did.

11. ullis October 13, 2010 at 22:13 #

Damn she is precious!

I like the dress a lot better without the belt, however Im pretty sure she would have pulled it off if she decided to wear a belt with the dress..

Anyone else think she looks like 18, and not in her twenties..?

12. dee October 13, 2010 at 22:24 #

I like the dress on her but it doesn’t look like something you would wear to a movie premiere.

13. Amelia October 13, 2010 at 22:41 #

the problem to me is that Carey is obviously struggling with her dress; it’s not her style at all, she looks totally uncomfortable in it and I could bet it wasn’t her choice.

14. mochababe73 October 13, 2010 at 22:55 #

She looks completely shapeless and big in this dress. Too bad because the dress is very pretty.
    I give up. Carey is completely clueless on the red carpet. I wonder if she has a stylist. Her looks always need a little tweaking here or there that a stylist could help her with.

15. Ruth October 13, 2010 at 23:05 #

she is adorable. i like how she tries different looks! for me, she’s a BDOTW contender. anyone else?

16. Marvel October 13, 2010 at 23:47 #

She is looking a bit gaunt.

A belt and a smile may have forced me to like this look.

17. mari October 14, 2010 at 00:35 #

I’m getting a K stewart vibe from Carey…
    the dress is gorgeous, but it desperatly needs attitude from the weaer to really look gorgeous and dramatic.
    HEr posing is not enough, beig “there” is not enough, at least she does not look annoyed or tired or something like that, but it’s not only that she does not smile, it is beyond.

18. zoe October 14, 2010 at 01:03 #

carey looks absolutely amazing, and keira looed so beautiful. i am abnsolutely loving these girls on this promo tour!

19. Linda October 14, 2010 at 01:27 #

Gorgeous! No belt all the way.

20. anna October 14, 2010 at 02:07 #

Love it! This is a refreshing change from how she normally dresses on the red carpet.

21. alice October 14, 2010 at 04:12 #

i love it without the belt. she’s a vision. hair is lovely!

22. nicky October 14, 2010 at 07:34 #

wouldve much preferred it if she had worn a belt but she looks greatt. her hair and makeup is perfect. i love the vibrant colours on the dress. carey always mixes it up on the red carpet

23. wilwarin October 14, 2010 at 07:48 #

the dress shoul’ve been little longer or shorter and i really don’t like these shoes… also i think she doesn’t have energy for this dress… but i think she looks beautiful anyway…

24. tanya October 14, 2010 at 08:06 #

i actually just said “mmm gorgeous” to the computer screen. love it.
    she’s got my vote for BDOTW

25. Sharona October 14, 2010 at 09:46 #

Oh, for god’s sake. This is one pic in 100s. I have seen lots of pics of her from this event where she is smiling and looking relaxed, and plenty from yesterday’s photocall as well. It’s just one picture! It doesn’t make her a miserable cow or “awkward!”

26. Alicat October 14, 2010 at 13:57 #

Again, she looks like she’s playing dress-ups. She doesn’t really wear the dress, she just puts it on. Her style would be more identifiable if she injected some of her own personality into what she wears.

27. Emi October 14, 2010 at 14:30 #

I really like the dress, I definitely dislike the shoes, the plateau seems made of cork, which I really dislike for evening shoes. I don’t particularly like C. Mulligan, she seems so lifeless.

28. zyn October 14, 2010 at 18:34 #

I like the dress and for the first time I really like her hair…

29. ben October 15, 2010 at 00:30 #

BDOTW! PLEASE!!!!!

30. Amber October 15, 2010 at 04:16 #

Meh. This is a very banal look.

31. Lou October 16, 2010 at 22:27 #

Don’t think this is BDOTW worthy because this look lacks the desired attitude – shame.