Carey Mulligan looked beautiful on the red carpet for the 2010 London Film Festival Premiere for “Never Let Me Go”.

She also wore one of her favourite designers: Vionnet.

You may remember she wore this designer to the BAFTAs this year.

This time she wore a gorgeous Vionnet colour-block halter dress with Giuseppe Zanotti for Vionnet gold wedges from the Spring 2011 collection.

She’s lacking in energy here but her hair, dress and shoes are so beautiful that’s all I can focus on.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

36 thoughts on “2010 London Film Festival: “Never Let Me Go” Premiere – Carey Mulligan In Vionnet

1. robbie

the dress is gorgeous but she looks so depressed, which makes me lose a little love for it. plus dont really like that she is wearing the same shoes that were presented with the dress.

2. Sara B.

I wish she’d learn how to pose for the cameras. If she was “working” this dress, the photo would be amazing!

1. Hannah

I agree. I don’t even think she has to work the dress, just not look so petrified. Even when she just smiles (in Christpher Kane, no less). I hopeit is just time, she needs to get more comfortable on the red carpet. I do, however LOVE the dress.

3. Terry

She’s never been one of the most smiling celebrities on the red carpet, I’m quite used to her frown. If I should only consider the outfit, I think it’s lovely! Nice hairstyle, too.

1. sonia

you’re right,the thing is, if you are going to wear a rather complicated look you need some atitude…and the belt!!!!!!!

4. molly

The hair and the shoes are great, but Im really not feeling this dress…I think I might like it better if she had chosen to wear a belt. Its too loose around the waist considering how tiny she is.

5. mol

The dress is very beautiful and generally, it’s very suited to her – but the little girl lost look always on her face is beginning to get to me I love her acting, I just wish she would bring a little of that to the red carpet….. after all, it’s part of her job and I really can’t feel pity for her if she just doesn’t like this part of it.

6. Sharon

I don’t believe a pleasant look is too much to expect from people who call themselves “actors”. An odd choice of professions if one is camera-shy. Anyway, I like the dress. I wish she looked like she did.

7. ullis

Damn she is precious!

I like the dress a lot better without the belt, however Im pretty sure she would have pulled it off if she decided to wear a belt with the dress..

Anyone else think she looks like 18, and not in her twenties..?

8. Amelia

the problem to me is that Carey is obviously struggling with her dress; it’s not her style at all, she looks totally uncomfortable in it and I could bet it wasn’t her choice.

9. mochababe73

She looks completely shapeless and big in this dress. Too bad because the dress is very pretty.
    I give up. Carey is completely clueless on the red carpet. I wonder if she has a stylist. Her looks always need a little tweaking here or there that a stylist could help her with.

10. mari

I’m getting a K stewart vibe from Carey…
    the dress is gorgeous, but it desperatly needs attitude from the weaer to really look gorgeous and dramatic.
    HEr posing is not enough, beig “there” is not enough, at least she does not look annoyed or tired or something like that, but it’s not only that she does not smile, it is beyond.

11. nicky

wouldve much preferred it if she had worn a belt but she looks greatt. her hair and makeup is perfect. i love the vibrant colours on the dress. carey always mixes it up on the red carpet

12. wilwarin

the dress shoul’ve been little longer or shorter and i really don’t like these shoes… also i think she doesn’t have energy for this dress… but i think she looks beautiful anyway…

13. Sharona

Oh, for god’s sake. This is one pic in 100s. I have seen lots of pics of her from this event where she is smiling and looking relaxed, and plenty from yesterday’s photocall as well. It’s just one picture! It doesn’t make her a miserable cow or “awkward!”

14. Alicat

Again, she looks like she’s playing dress-ups. She doesn’t really wear the dress, she just puts it on. Her style would be more identifiable if she injected some of her own personality into what she wears.

15. Emi

I really like the dress, I definitely dislike the shoes, the plateau seems made of cork, which I really dislike for evening shoes. I don’t particularly like C. Mulligan, she seems so lifeless.