eTalk Studios – Ellen Pompeo In Stella McCartney

Ellen Pompeo visited the etalk Studios in Toronto, Canada recently to promote the new season of ‘Grey’s Anatomy’.

Like her former co-star Kate Walsh, Ellen loves to wear Stella McCartney.

Her Fall 2010 look included a Stella McCartney cashmere sweater paired with the grey wool flannel pants.

This isn’t the type of look you can accessorize, so I appreciate how she kept the look pure.

Unfortunately I’m going to be really predictable and say that I find this look a tad boring.

Not just because it’s grey, it’s because Ellen injects no life into this look.

Victoria Beckham and Stella herself would’ve rocked the hell out of this look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Sarah Jessica Parker's Obsession - Halston Heritage Cleo Sac Bag

Sarah Jessica Parker’s Obsession – Halston Heritage Cleo Sac Bag

In Demi Lovato's Closet - Alexander Wang Draped Dress & Christian Louboutin Amber Platform Sandals

In Demi Lovato’s Closet – Alexander Wang Draped Dress & Christian Louboutin Amber Platform Sandals

19 Responses to eTalk Studios – Ellen Pompeo In Stella McCartney

1. WendyB October 12, 2010 at 18:18 #

Don’t blame it on Ellen! That would be a drab, cheap look on anyone off the runway. It was the runway that made it look nice.

2. mol October 12, 2010 at 18:23 #

Agreed, it’s flat and lifeless, plus the pants seem too long……

3. sara October 12, 2010 at 18:41 #

i hate her hair, so lifeless.
    ps: i think this outfit does admit accesories…i’m thinking about a lanvin, marni or, i don’t remember the designer, but these season has fantastic examples of big necklaces!

4. Hisadora October 12, 2010 at 18:43 #

I think that had she worn only the sweater but with some good pair of jeans and not those shoes it could have worked so much better, this grey sweater and pants combo doesn’t work for me either.

5. Lee Ann October 12, 2010 at 19:27 #

The trousers are a tad too long as is the sweater. In person the quality of the fabrics make it quite chic. It just isn’t being worn correctly. Style is also an attitude which is missing here

6. Hannah October 12, 2010 at 20:24 #

It doesn translate. Had this jumper been in colour and the trousers had fit better I am sure it would ahve elevated the look.

7. jen October 12, 2010 at 20:57 #

i really dislake her hair & make up & how she pulled her sweater all the way down

8. Rebecca October 12, 2010 at 21:19 #

what about a scarf?a belt, a necklace….anything. I can just hear Michael Kors on Project Runway…

9. Leslie October 12, 2010 at 21:37 #

Agreed. I’d like to see other heels for example. Okay it’s as it was presented on the runway, but makes just oo much grey for me.
    It’s a great look but she wears it as I wear my old sweater on a sunday morning.

10. Iris October 12, 2010 at 22:11 #

How is this not a look that you can accessorize? I have to disagree. A simple necklace, for example, would’ve given it a bit more life.

A hospital scrub wouldn’t be as bland as this. I adore Stella but sometimes she goes “overboard” with minimalism. A shame Ellen made no effort with this.

11. mochababe73 October 12, 2010 at 22:53 #

The entire outfit is dull, unexciting, and boring. It doesn’t even look good on the runway. The entire looks needs a necklace, bracelets, and some kicky shoes.

12. Sue Anne Reed October 12, 2010 at 23:39 #

What did Carson use to call it on the Queer Eye show when he would have the guys push up the sleeves? That would have made a huge difference both in the sleeves in in the area around the waist. On the model on the runway, that smooshed up look adds a bit of life where the way the shirt hangs on Ellen just looks blah.

13. Ariel October 13, 2010 at 02:18 #

I like how comfortable she looks. But it is kind of boring. Her hair should’ve been in a pony tail and added a statement piece to this look.

P.S. Freida Pinto is still at the 18th Annual Hamptons Film Festival. She wore another Stella McCartney dress at the screening of “Miral.”

14. Linda October 13, 2010 at 08:07 #

I can’t find fault with this look except that yes, it’s a bit unexciting for a TV appearance. It’s a classic look. I agree with FC about keeping the look pure by not adding accessories.

• Lee Ann October 13, 2010 at 10:49 #

me too-this is not a look that you ” wag up “. if you don’t get minimalism them don’t ruin it by adding.

15. Lisa October 13, 2010 at 10:08 #

Personally i would have injected some life into this outfit with layer upon layer of necklaces and some fab shoes.

16. Alicat October 13, 2010 at 12:50 #

It is a classic look but classic doesn’t have to be bland and boring, and this is. So much grey….

17. Marvel October 13, 2010 at 15:18 #

I like it. Its simple and I think she looks great.

Plus there is no way of making this look any greater

18. Amber October 15, 2010 at 04:22 #

The color does nothing for her. It looks like an outfit she’d wear to stay home and do laundry and housework. The limp hair just adds to problems.