This morning Demi Lovato joined Taio Cruz at The Mixing Room in the JW Marriott Hotel in LA to announce the nominations for the 2010 American Music Awards which will take place on November 21.

I don’t usually get excited about Demi, but on this occasion I really liked her Alexander Wang draped dress from the Fall 2010 collection.

Her LBD has a sweetheart neckline, ruching on the bodice, a pleated skirt and a sash which drapes down back.

With so much going on I would’ve expect Demi be done with her Christian Louboutin Amber sandals with a crystal embellished heel.

Sadly no.

She over cooked this look with the necklaces. They really weren’t needed and ruin what could’ve been a perfect look.

Credit: Style.com & Fame Pictures

In Demi Lovato's Closet - Alexander Wang Draped Dress & Christian Louboutin Amber Platform Sandals

In Demi Lovato’s Closet – Alexander Wang Draped Dress & Christian Louboutin Amber Platform Sandals

Who Wore Roland Mouret Better? Jennifer Lopez or Hilary Duff

Who Wore Roland Mouret Better? Jennifer Lopez or Hilary Duff

18 Responses to 2010 American Music Awards Nominees Press Conference – Demi Lovato In Alexander Wang

1. Hisadora October 12, 2010 at 23:16 #

I just think the necklaces make this look cool, just as Demi. she’s young and gorgeous. Love it :)

2. Alèxia October 12, 2010 at 23:19 #

I think Demi looks great. The necklace adds a little bit of youth to what could have been a “she’s-trying-to-hard-to-be-a-grown-up” look. The only thing I’d change is her shoes: they are, at least, 2 sizes bigger.

3. mm October 12, 2010 at 23:19 #

I love the pose.

i would’ve loved the look more without the necklaces.

4. shap_half October 12, 2010 at 23:47 #

Oh, gosh, she really ruined this entire look with the necklace. I mean, I could go on about how the original color off the runway is much better, but really the fact is, the black suits her. It’s not trying to hard, and I can even forgive the odd she choice (for Loubs, they’re a little cheap loooking), but really the necklace just destroys the entire vibe of this look.

5. jojo October 13, 2010 at 00:05 #

i think it’s demi lovato not lovoto

6. sonia October 13, 2010 at 00:31 #

I’m 31, and actually I wouldn’t go back to my teens but, there is no need to run, the’ll arrive anyway! she should be wearng the gold one, wavy and peep toe boots!!!!!!!!!!

7. Iris October 13, 2010 at 02:20 #

As much of a cute dress, it does ages her dramatically — with or without the necklaces. I guess that’s what she was going for anyway…

8. Ethne Blist October 13, 2010 at 03:14 #

I am sick of Disney girls trying to be edgy. The necklaces are obnoxious to me. Good pose though.

9. Ev October 13, 2010 at 07:02 #

I just am not getting it. The dress is gorgeous, but I don’t think that Demi has it in her to pull it off. It is not like she tried too hard, but like this look is forced on her.

10. Emi October 13, 2010 at 09:37 #

I totally agree, beautiful dress, beautiful shoes, terrible and useless necklace. How gorgeous is the Alexander McQueen Kimono on the right? I love it!

• Fashion Critic October 13, 2010 at 10:14 #

me too. I want that so bad

• Alicat October 13, 2010 at 12:43 #

My eyes drifted across to that too…

11. Lisa October 13, 2010 at 12:47 #

I’m really liking this look. Even with the necklace – helps break up the black.

12. ullis October 13, 2010 at 14:11 #

I love it :) As you say, the necklace should have been taken off before hitting the red carpet, but nevertheless, demi is a gorgeous girl in a gorgeous dress looking more than gorgeous.

13. Marvel October 13, 2010 at 15:17 #

The hair and necklace are a BIG no and I really dislike the superman-esque cape.
    I would have liked to have seen the runway colour on her rather than boring black

14. mochababe73 October 13, 2010 at 15:17 #

I don’t think that the dress ages her. I think that it’s that awful hair and make-up that’s doing her in. The fact that she shouldn’t have worn those necklaces is the least of her worries. I didn’t even recognize her.

15. Hannah October 13, 2010 at 19:42 #

When she says Kim Kardashian is herstyle icon, she isn’t kidding is she?

16. Sara B. October 13, 2010 at 20:04 #

Demi Lovato is 18 years old, but she looks old enought to join the cast of Desperate Housewives in this get-up. Hair, make-up, and accessories are all wrong for someone her age. The dress might have worked if she’d styled it differently.