“Late Night with Jimmy Fallon” – Emma Roberts In Monique Lhuillier

Emma Roberts visited “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon” recently to promote her new movie “It’s Kind of a Funny Story.”

The teen star wore a Monique Lhuillier Fall 2010 black strapless dress which had been shortened from the runway with a scalloped edge.

I would’ve liked to have seen some accessories, but Emma only added Brian Atwood ‘Alpha’ pumps to her look.

Do you feel the look is a bit bare, or are you happy with this look as it is?

Credit: Style.com & Rex

Bellamy Young In Robert Rodriguez, Max Mara & House of Ronald - SiriusXM Studios & Upfronts Celebration

Bellamy Young In Robert Rodriguez, Max Mara & House of Ronald – SiriusXM Studios & Upfronts Celebration

"Despicable Me" London Premiere - Miranda Cosgrove In Cut 25 by Yigal Azrouël

“Despicable Me” London Premiere – Miranda Cosgrove In Cut 25 by Yigal Azrouël

27 Responses to “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon” – Emma Roberts In Monique Lhuillier

1. Thomas Monks October 11, 2010 at 21:10 #

a gold Leiber belt would top this look off

• Fashion Critic October 11, 2010 at 21:54 #

right…A belt would’ve been enough to “lift” this as Anna would say

• Linda October 11, 2010 at 22:03 #

Yeah, that would have been perfect.

2. J October 11, 2010 at 21:20 #

I think accesories would be pushing it. She’s got a big ring on, nails done, the dress fits perfectly, the shoes are not black and boring, she’s got this beautiful smile on. She looks young, fresh and classy.

• mol October 12, 2010 at 02:39 #

I agree

• Laura October 12, 2010 at 15:15 #

I agree. Any other accesories that she could possibly add to this outfit would make it just over. She is so young and, at least at her age, less is more. Very classy. She should be teaching other teenagers stars.

3. GirlOne October 11, 2010 at 21:24 #

There’s definitely something missing. That ring is not enough. Having her hair down and better shoes could’ve made the difference.

4. moja31 October 11, 2010 at 21:32 #

i love the dress, and can even kind of get behind the messy hair, but i don’t like the shoes with this look at all. wish she’d added at least a bracelet or something.

5. Ethne Blist October 11, 2010 at 21:40 #

Out of everything on the runway she chose this. Yawn. I wish she had more accessories.

6. kimi October 11, 2010 at 21:46 #

I think maybe a few added accessories because it does look bare. But every time I’m looking at this outfit my eyes stray to her shoes. I don’t know if its in a good way or a bad way. Hmm..

7. Marvel October 11, 2010 at 21:53 #

The hair is so blah and the dress works better as a gown.

What is it with this girl’s intention to suck the life out of every dress. I have not seen a well put look from her.

• Fiona October 11, 2010 at 23:58 #

I agree – she seems to get access to many top designers but when she wears them they look plain and uninteresting. I think she tries too hard to look effortless and then looks like she put too little effort in….

8. Rah October 11, 2010 at 22:32 #

I think she was going for an understated look. Sometimes it is okay. You kind of want the brand to speak for its self. I can tell by the nude shoes she is defiantly trying to pull off the look, but there is away to do so without looking bland. She should have gone for one dramatic piece which would give her an effortless look, i.e. make up, bracelet, or purse. Just one standout piece would have made a huge difference.

9. molly October 11, 2010 at 22:44 #

Yikes, what happened to her hair? I think this is part of the problem. I agree with kimi – all i want to look at is the shoes. There’s problem there… it’s like the mood doesn’t match. I think this dress requires a darker shoe (although need not be heavy – dark sandal would work). Also agree the right necklace would have tied this look together – see the runway necklace, which echoes the neckline and pulls your eye up to the face. I like the dress shorter, but styling is MUCH better on runway, even with the crazy updo.

10. misa October 11, 2010 at 23:05 #

I just don’t like her. She looks cute and all but those dumb comments she made about Gap collabs being corny and about having such an entitled erm fashionable sense of style turned me off her.

Also, she dresses way too old for her age. She is a teenager.

11. wilwarin October 11, 2010 at 23:31 #

this look screams for the necklace… and other shoes, at least other colour.

12. andy October 12, 2010 at 00:11 #

She tries too hard to be “fashionable” all the time.. and doesn’t seem to have any personal style whatsoever. HATE the hair

13. Alicat October 12, 2010 at 00:29 #

Agree with many above about the shoes. Black is not always the way to go with a LBD, but these clash – the nude colour has yellow undertones. The dress definitely needs lifting with something. I like the necklace used on the runway with the scraped back hair. This may be a bit severe on a person as young as Ms Roberts, but the way her hair is styled is messy and unflattering. Hair down in soft waves perhaps?

14. shap_half October 12, 2010 at 01:38 #

My first thought was that she looks good. But after really looking at it, she looks older than she is, and that’s rarely a good thing. It’s almost TOO classic. I think adding a statement necklace (or a dazzling metallic belt) plus cutting up the hem even more would be the small changes that could really have elevated this look.

15. pipsqueak October 12, 2010 at 03:25 #

Yeah, the look is a bit bare. She could’ve used some accessories. I must say, though, Emma has a strong sense of style and generally looks terrific on the red carpet. So much better than her aunt Julia.

16. mochababe73 October 12, 2010 at 03:27 #

At a minimum, she needed some bracelets and earrings (nothing flashy). But, her hair is bothering me more than anything. Too many wispy pieces.

17. Deepti October 12, 2010 at 05:51 #

If not anything, I feel an interesting black headband could have elevated this look..

18. carmen October 12, 2010 at 10:25 #

i think a statement necklace would have looked amazing but it looks good this way too.

19. M October 12, 2010 at 11:42 #

for a young starlet.. simplicity is the best… i appreciate her looking this great… as opposed to many other young starlets often over doing it…

• Mimy October 12, 2010 at 12:51 #

i agree!

20. Emi October 12, 2010 at 18:16 #

I think that she’s young and very promising, not just one of those teen actress which seem, sometimes, lap dancers! i think that some accessories would have something to her look, but this photo has been take in the corridor of a tv studio, I suppose, that’s why she hasn’t a bag. Nice look, in the end.

21. Flaneur October 13, 2010 at 06:48 #

I guess im in minority here but i quite like the ‘bareness’ of the look……n the hair do as well…