Who Wore YSL Better? Rebecca Hall or Salma Hayek

Rebecca Hall attended the Toronto Film Festival premiere of her new movie, “The Town” wearing a red and black YSL Resort 2011 strapless corseted jumpsuit.

The British actress paired look with a YSL black patent minaudiere and YSL Tribute sandals.

Salma Hayek wore the same jumpsuit to the Yves Saint Laurent Spring 2011 presentation in Paris this week.

It was all boobs with Salma’s look despite her trying to cover up with a black blazer.

It’s a hard piece to like but Rebecca totally made it work for her so she wins for me.

On Salma it’s tragic.

Credit: Style.com, Getty & INFEvents

“Fair Game” New York Screening – Naomi Watts In Giorgio Armani

“Fair Game” New York Screening – Naomi Watts In Giorgio Armani

Sundance Channel Photocall - Elisabeth Moss In Oscar de la Renta

Sundance Channel Photocall – Elisabeth Moss In Oscar de la Renta

12 Responses to Who Wore YSL Better? Rebecca Hall or Salma Hayek

1. sushma October 8, 2010 at 08:45 #

Eeeek! I never, in my wildest dreams, imagined Salma Hayek of all people would step out looking, quite frankly, like a bizarre mime artist/clown – what was she thinking?? But, praise where praise is due – that jacket looks incredible on her. I hope she goes back to looking fabulous sharpish!!

2. Gaber October 8, 2010 at 08:53 #

On the contrary, I actually feel Rebecca is all about the boobs. What the jumpsuit did to her twins is not pretty.

Still, the jumpsuit is so obscenely hideous that they both lose.

• Vidhya October 8, 2010 at 13:16 #

i agree with u abt boobs being weird on rebecca.. salma’s r at least in their natural position.. jumpsuits r so tricky to pull off… why do people wear them on red carpets?

3. Cheryl Wong October 8, 2010 at 09:41 #

The jumpsuit itself isn’t bad. But jumpsuits rarely ever look good on busty or short people. Salma is both and with that wide legged pant of the jumpsuit, things were bound to go wrong. She looks even bulkier with that blazer on.

4. Anna October 8, 2010 at 09:54 #

That’s a very strange photo of Salma: it seems like her feet are cut! :-D
    I agree with Gaber, they both lose.

5. gossip_bangkok October 8, 2010 at 10:14 #

I actually think the dress look best on the model.

6. ullis October 8, 2010 at 11:20 #

the bottom half looks bad on both!

7. kit October 8, 2010 at 14:21 #

Oh eek, it looks like Salma’s picture was taken while she was sinking into the floor. I’m not one for fashion rules but really, a wide legged, loose fit jumpsuit shouldn’t be worn by anyone who doesn’t possess impressively long legs. Rebecca looks great.

8. Camille October 8, 2010 at 14:32 #

wishing there was a ‘neither’ button. The only reason Ms. Hall doesn’t look equally hideous is because her stance minimizes the clownish quality of the jumpsuit where poor Salma is standing so that the wide legs are highlighted in all their Bozo’ish glory.

9. jing October 8, 2010 at 23:28 #

I just simply hate this design…

10. Emi October 9, 2010 at 15:06 #

I voted for Rebecca Hall, I agree with FC, on Salma it’s tragic, she looks even shorter than she actually is. But I think that R. Hall’s boobs are too much out, the jumpsuit’s best version is on the model, which means that maybe this is the typical outfit that shouldn’t get out of the runway.

11. VioletElectric October 17, 2010 at 20:12 #

LMAO… Salma Hayek is gorgeous but her legs look so short in this. She looks like she could be a cast member on ‘Little people big world’ on TLC lol. This just was not the right choice 4 her AT ALL.