In New York City last night Christina Ricci attended the “Time Stands Still” Broadway Opening Night After Party.

We are very used to seeing actress in LBDs, but on this occasion she opted for one with a touch of sparkle.

Her Alberta Ferretti Fall 2009 high-neck dress has an embellished shoulder detail.

The dress is shorter than it appears on the runway.

Judging by the way the dress has changed shape on Christina who has a much smaller frame than the model, this was a great idea.

Had she kept the original length, the dress may have looked a tad matronly on Ricci.

Those YSL Trib Two’s and a black clutch complete the look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Moran Atias In Valentino - National Women's History Museum Women Making History Event

Moran Atias In Valentino – National Women’s History Museum Women Making History Event

New York Film Festival Closing Night Premiere:"Hereafter" - Bryce Dallas Howard In Elie Saab

New York Film Festival Closing Night Premiere:”Hereafter” – Bryce Dallas Howard In Elie Saab

11 Responses to “Time Stands Still” Broadway Opening Night After Party – Christina Ricci In Alberta Ferretti

1. shap_half October 8, 2010 at 17:10 #

I love Christina Ricci. To me, this is another flawless look. She always finds a way to inject something new into every outfit she wears. It never looks tired or too trendy.

2. Hannah October 8, 2010 at 17:41 #

I really love this dress, but the shoes let it down SOmuch for me. Soome Rene Caovillas (they really need ot be worn more) would have looked perfect,she would have looked taller, too.

3. Moxie October 8, 2010 at 17:48 #

Love the dress, especially the shorter length, but the hair (mainly the bangs) and the make-up are all wrong.

4. DC October 8, 2010 at 17:51 #

she looks cute….but im glad i looked at her from teh head down…if i went from the (big bulky heavy) shoes i might not have been as fond,,,is it not time to relegate teh trib twos to the back of teh wardrobe?

5. michelle October 8, 2010 at 18:03 #

christina looks great as always. she has such a presence. cate blanchett wore the red version when she was in tokyo http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/?s=%22cate+blanchett+in+alberta+ferretti%22

6. samaira October 8, 2010 at 18:56 #

I think I prefer the longer version , and the red color which Cate Blanchett wore.

• Ethne Blist October 8, 2010 at 22:55 #

Same, plus I am bored by her pumps and clutch.

7. Marvel October 8, 2010 at 22:12 #

Great look but the shoes are horrendous. Im glad she wore her hair back so we can see the jewel detail. Its been a while since I saw her with her hair down

8. Matt October 8, 2010 at 22:58 #

I liked it better on Cate in the red. You have another WWIB Fashion Critic….Cate Blanchett or Christina Ricci??

9. mochababe73 October 8, 2010 at 23:07 #

I don’t like it on her. It’s a little boring, but it’s very Christina.

10. Alicat October 9, 2010 at 01:52 #

Cute and impeccably groomed. She dresses well for her small stature and body type. I like her with bangs as she has a very high forehead.