08.10.10

New York City Ballet 2010 Fall Gala – Sarah Jessica Parker In Halston Heritage

A major fashionable event in New York City wouldn’t be complete without Sarah Jessica Parker walking the red carpet.

The actress arrived at the New York City Ballet 2010 Fall Gala last night shimmering wearing a nude sequined Halston Heritage gown.

It looks like she literally stopped traffic on her way to the Lincoln Center.

With her ombre hair falling down her shoulders, SJP wore two necklaces and carried her favourite Halston Hertiage Cleo sac bag.

This is a flawless look, but I would’ve stopped at the shorter necklace and lost the longer one.

BDOTW???

Credit: Fame Pictures

Kristen Bell In Zuhair Murad & Monique Lhuillier - 2014 CMT Music Awards

Kristen Bell In Zuhair Murad & Monique Lhuillier – 2014 CMT Music Awards

Sarah Jessica Parker's Obsession - Halston Heritage Cleo Sac Bag

Sarah Jessica Parker’s Obsession – Halston Heritage Cleo Sac Bag

33 Responses to New York City Ballet 2010 Fall Gala – Sarah Jessica Parker In Halston Heritage

1. Mikaëla October 8, 2010 at 16:06 #

YYYYES!! I love it!! Love SJP… I don’t know why, she’s just so beautiful and special
    For once i don’t mind the ombre hair

2. Rebecca October 8, 2010 at 16:11 #

i agree about the long necklace, tho it would have been fine without the shorter one and with different earrings. She is fabulous!

3. robbie October 8, 2010 at 16:21 #

SJP + halston heritage = boring!

4. Ethne Blist October 8, 2010 at 16:27 #

I don’t think this is BDOTW worthy. I just think she looks good, even if she has scary Madonna arms.

5. Vi October 8, 2010 at 16:30 #

I have to say, I don’t like this look at all. It’s a beautiful dress but it does nothing for her figure and the madonna arms are positively scary. I agree with you on the necklaces, it feels like as if she was considering two options and decided to wear both! Don’t like her hair either, though her make up is flawless.

6. DC October 8, 2010 at 16:48 #

agree with you here FC…but i would want to swap her halston sac with something a little more small and elegant….she looks good in halston…but theres nothing like SJP in McQueen…

7. dee October 8, 2010 at 17:04 #

This is OK. I don’t like the dress being so close her skintone. I expect more from her as she usually looks fabulous.

8. federica October 8, 2010 at 17:16 #

hate the hair.

9. amber October 8, 2010 at 17:22 #

I don’t think this look is so great actually. I hate the hair, everything about it including the two colors. I don’t like the long necklace either. The dress is great but it could have looked better on someone else, maybe with a different skin tone?

10. Camille October 8, 2010 at 17:22 #

she looks fab and I think you are so right about the longer necklace, it adds nothing to the look.

11. Shayna October 8, 2010 at 17:25 #

She looks great, but I think the necklace issue and the horrid hair stopped her from having a chance on the BDOTW poll.

12. jojo October 8, 2010 at 17:28 #

she remind me of madonna with her arm , please do sport !

13. Christian October 8, 2010 at 17:30 #

i hate ombre hair. i do not get why people pay for that, it looks like a big grow-out and it ruins this look for me..

14. Hannah October 8, 2010 at 17:48 #

I think it should be in the poll, but I wont vote for SJP as BDOTW. She looks good, but she always does in this colour. The ahir looks a bit off, the wrong necklace (one sparkyl one, neither of the two she is wearing). The fit of the dress is annoying me, adn the dress itself looks like it is slightly cheap fabric (this is probably because of the photo) and it looks dated to me. All in all she looks good, but there is more to be desired.

• Lara October 8, 2010 at 19:24 #

Lol! Tell us why you think it SHOULD be in the poll again?!

• Hannah October 8, 2010 at 19:43 #

Ummm. In retro spect I dont think she should anymore :)!

15. Moxie October 8, 2010 at 17:49 #

Not BDOTW for me. The ombre hair is fine, but I don’t like the style. And the extra long necklace and that sac ruin the look.

16. shap_half October 8, 2010 at 17:49 #

Am I the only one who thinks this look is a little harsh? The overall effect is not gelling with me as well as I thought it would.

17. GirlOne October 8, 2010 at 18:12 #

I don’t want to be mean but that’s just hideous! I am not a huge fan of Halston to begin with but this literally hurts my eyes!

18. justme October 8, 2010 at 18:25 #

I honestly think she looks terrible.
    Her hair (the color and the styling), her necklaces (I like the long one but it doesn’t belong with this look at all), the dress (it does nothing for her figure)… everything gets a big no from me.

• ~**juDee**~ October 8, 2010 at 22:15 #

I honestly have to second that! I mean I do like SJP but….this…its not soft enough. I don’t think she chose the right hairstyle for the dress and she seems a bit too muscular for such a soft dress.

19. SarahV October 8, 2010 at 18:29 #

No… The only thing I like is the make-up..

20. Megan October 8, 2010 at 18:31 #

I think she looks stunning – not everyone can pull of that color and she nails it. BDOTW contender to me!

21. mol October 8, 2010 at 18:50 #

For me, SJP is more quirky than classic; that said, I do agree that losing the longer necklace would have made this more palatable.

22. Leslie October 8, 2010 at 19:38 #

No BTOW for me. I agree with you about the long neckale. I don’t like her hair nor her make up (which makes her eyes smallers than usual).

23. teresa October 8, 2010 at 21:02 #

no no no, colour washes her out, that hair is not ombre but grown out and the arms are terribly distracting – in a bad way

24. Jennifer October 8, 2010 at 21:44 #

HER ARMS!!! Ive never been so taken aback by arms before, excluding professional bodybuilders. I dont understand it. Madonna’s a loon, SJP isn’t, so how did she let this happen?? Big no-no from me, I mean we all dress for our body type so why shouldn’t she apply that and wear a jacket?!? Spare us all.

25. Marvel October 8, 2010 at 22:14 #

I much prefer her with the longer necklace and should have lost the smaller one.

The colour is great but the style is slightly boring for SJP

26. Alicat October 9, 2010 at 02:04 #

The differences in opinion on this look are interesting reading. For what my opinion is worth (!?) I think she looks beautiful with some qualifications. I adore the gown (fabric, style and colour) and like her makeup and hairstyle, but not the ombre effect. The long necklace is superfluous. The Madonnaresque arms are a major distraction and spoil the overall look. You have to work hard to get arms which look as bad as this – all sinewy and veiny. Toned is nice, but this is overboard. I don’t get it.

27. mohamed majid October 9, 2010 at 04:31 #

i love this girl.. she works anything she wears..

28. Annel October 9, 2010 at 09:19 #

The femininity of the look is challenged by her hard body frame, and it just ends up being a strange mix of beauty and surrealism..

29. Lou October 9, 2010 at 12:57 #

I think the colour of the dress is too close to her skin colour – would have liked a bolder colur but thestyle/ fit is gorgeous. Agree about the long necklace – lose it SJP!

30. Emi October 9, 2010 at 14:55 #

No!!! I don’t like her hair, it seems like she needs to dye it, the longer necklace wasn’t necessary because the other is really beautiful, a clutch would have been a better choice.