Runway To Sidewalk – Rihanna In Stella McCartney & Prada

Earlier this week Rihanna was in London with her boyfriend, baseball pro Matt Kemp.

They were pictured leaving their hotel whilst headed out to dinner.

Rihanna showed off her long legs wearing a floral Stella McCartney Resort 2011 cropped jacket and mini skirt.

She paired the look with a nude bustier which complements her nude Louboutin’s.

Rihanna’s looks have been really crazy lately, but this is one of the few I actually like.

Yesterday the singer was front row at Miu Miu’s Spring 2011 presentation during Paris Fashion Week.

She opted to wear a Prada Resort 2011 print dress in the front row, and she also wore the same dress to dinner at Le Chateaubriand.

My first reaction was to hate it, but on reflection this look isn’t that bad and if anyone can make this work it’s Rihanna.

It’s a full on runway look from head-to-earrings-to-bangles-to-fluffy shrug-to-socks-to-toe, but she totally rocks it.

[nggallery id=671]

Credit: Style.com, Bauer Griffin & Fame Pictures

"The Spin Crowd" Season Finale Party - Kim Kardashian In Azzedine Alaia

“The Spin Crowd” Season Finale Party – Kim Kardashian In Azzedine Alaia

Frigidaire Team Up To Support Save The Children - Jennifer Garner In Zac Posen

Frigidaire Team Up To Support Save The Children – Jennifer Garner In Zac Posen

23 Responses to Runway To Sidewalk – Rihanna In Stella McCartney & Prada

1. justme October 7, 2010 at 17:22 #

I saw pics of Rihanna in that Miu Miu dress earlier and I loved every bit of it but I couldn’t see the shoes. Now that I do… what in God’s name? It could have been a great look.

I’m unimpressed with her in Stella McCartney though. And she looks orange there.

2. Rebecca October 7, 2010 at 17:32 #

Rihanna rules! I am totally in a different generation, etc, but I think she has more style in her little finger than most folks have all over. Her presentation is fabulous for who she is and what she does, and it never appears hap-hazard–always looks like she means just what she is wearing.

3. Lee Ann October 7, 2010 at 17:41 #

Wows until I saw the Stella on her I kinda liked it although would never dream of wearing the total look. She doesn’t mangle the Miu Miu as much

4. jojo October 7, 2010 at 17:42 #

i think the two work , but only with her

5. Ethne Blist October 7, 2010 at 17:50 #

I am in love with these two looks! and I love it when she wears pigalles. The fur clutch (?) is a bit too much.

6. dee October 7, 2010 at 18:18 #

I like both looks. She manages to pull off some interesting looks.

7. cashawna October 7, 2010 at 18:44 #

i hate that mui mui look i thinks it luks horribly maybe it she wud of pair it with some strappy sandals n without da socks maybe den i like it but i think its a major fail

8. Ana October 7, 2010 at 19:43 #

Her Miu Miu look rocks! SM is ok.

• Fashion Critic October 7, 2010 at 21:11 #

It’s Prada..I got it mixed up.

Blame lack of sleep :)

9. maria October 7, 2010 at 19:51 #

i like both looks, although i am disappointed that she took the entire runway look of the Miu Miu. I had thought some of the styling was her personal touch, now i wonder how she would have worn it left to her own devices.

10. robbie October 7, 2010 at 21:25 #

the stella mccartney is nice, although doesnt really flatter her thighs.

the prada look is a huge mess. although i do adore the models ruby pumps, dorothy would be going crazy for those beauties!

11. Marvel October 7, 2010 at 22:10 #

Her Stella look is FAB!!

I just dont like the Prada.

12. lici-u October 7, 2010 at 22:58 #

I agree with FC … she rocks it ….!!!

13. Hisadora October 7, 2010 at 23:08 #

Rihanna pulls off just any look she wears. she has the right atittude to wear blue socks with red pumps. I just hate this red hair, oh ok, she just rocks it.

14. mochababe73 October 8, 2010 at 01:07 #

I like the print better on the model version, but Rihanna looks amazing.
    The second dress is okay, but she ruined the entire look with those awful shoes and socks.

15. Chiara October 8, 2010 at 01:20 #

The red hair don’t work with the “preppy/goody” look of the shoes… From the top, the look is excellent, but she should have removed the socks…

16. mol October 8, 2010 at 05:13 #

I like her in the Prada look best, and I’m also beginning to appreciate that she doesn’t back off on her style – I like that.

17. Z FASHION BLOG October 8, 2010 at 05:40 #

Glad to see Rihanna wearing the Stella McCartney outfit.

It was one of my favourite looks from Resort 2011.

18. Alicat October 8, 2010 at 07:33 #

Not liking either look. She tries too hard. True style is effortless and natural. Of the two, I prefer the Stella McCartney. The Prada looks like a granny dress, (except for the neckline). The shoes and socks are laughable – quirky on the runway but silly for going out to dinner.

19. AL GIGA October 8, 2010 at 09:36 #

RIANNA IS TRAGIC IN THE MIU MIU DRESS! SHE IS LOOSING HER SENSE OF STYLE AND FASHION!

AND THE SOCKS MAKE THE WHOLE LOOK EVEN WORSE!

SORRY RIHANNA , YOU NEED TO GET A NEW STYLIST!

20. Lalitha October 8, 2010 at 09:47 #

Looking good Rihanna!

21. Adam October 11, 2010 at 21:02 #

This look is a no on her…She normally looks great in a lot of stuff she wears…but this is debinately a BIG NOOOOO.

22. VioletElectric October 17, 2010 at 20:16 #

I love how she paired the Stella McCartney ensemble with the nude bustier. It really tones the look down. On the model i feel like its too much floral for the eye. Overall Rihanna looks gorgeous. I’m still not a fan of the red hair but she looks good here.