05.10.10

Front Row @ Chanel Spring 2011

I’m sure you can guess tomorrow’s WWIB? poll.

Alexa Chung joined fellow Brit Keira Knightley in the front row of Chanel’s Spring 2011 presentation this morning.

The TV presenter opted for a navy Resort 2011 tweed dress with a sheer embroidered panel.

As she’s not one to often wear heels, I’m not surprised to see her wearing black leather loafers.

Leigh Lezark opted for the most elaborate look of all the stars in the front row.

The DJ wore a white embroidered Chanel Fall 2010 sleeveless dress with a furry skirt.

I would’ve given her maximum points had she opted for the furry boots as well.

Lily Allen turned her Chanel Fall 2010 look in the perfect maternity ensemble as it flattered her beautifully.

Despite the gloomy day in Paris Rachel Bilson opted for a colourful Chanel print dress which has the same print from the Resort 2011 collection.

She opted to wear her summery dress with gladiator boots, an All Saint leather jacket and a red Chanel bag.

Lily is my favourite here.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Keira Knightley Front Row @ Chanel Spring 2011

Keira Knightley Front Row @ Chanel Spring 2011

Vanessa Paradis Front Row @ Chanel Spring 2011

Vanessa Paradis Front Row @ Chanel Spring 2011

20 Responses to Front Row @ Chanel Spring 2011

1. Ethne Blist October 5, 2010 at 18:59 #

Leigh is rocking my socks off but the shoes…the shoes…Lily looks frumpy but comfy. About Rachel, I don’t like leather jackets over dainty day dresses.

• Fashion Critic October 5, 2010 at 19:00 #

Notice how I ignored the shoes on Leigh :)

2. mm October 5, 2010 at 19:00 #

Not a fan of any of these looks. Rachel is by far the most disappointing.

3. Marvel October 5, 2010 at 19:11 #

Im so glad you gave Keira a separate look as she does not deserve to be put along side this lot.

I dont think a WWIB? poll is needed as well all know who wore it better ;)

Rachel looks horrendous (another Blake copy) and the jacket and heels are the final nail in the coffin . She must have an excellent PR team to get front row Chanel tickets

4. nokia October 5, 2010 at 19:34 #

FC, if you have the time can u do the coverage of the Vogue Paris party?

5. Elena October 5, 2010 at 19:37 #

I just watched on the French TV an extract from the Chanel Défilé…. OMG….. thanks Karl to be a genius!!!!
    Magnifique, incroyable, as always!!

6. Hannah October 5, 2010 at 20:15 #

I love Leigh’s look, I can look past the shoes, because they aren’t as dull as black pumps, and they at least go with her hair. More disappointing fo rme is Alexa’s clear ack of ‘support. I don’t like Lily’s look adn I thought she had been totlly written off from Chanel. I guess I was wrong.

7. Matt October 5, 2010 at 20:29 #

Actually, I think we have 2 WWIB polls. Both Alexa Chung and Rachel Bilson are copying Blake LIvely. Blake wore the same dress Rachel is wearing to the F/W 2010 Chanel Couture presentation, and Blake wore the same dress Alexa is wearing just a few weeks ago, I believe right before NY Fashion Week

8. sonia October 5, 2010 at 20:38 #

what do you have in your mind whwn you decide to wrap your bedroom carpet around you waist or to wear the same dress Sienna anb Blakw wore, and without heels???!!! nothing to do with confidence for me. fashion blindness!

9. robbie October 5, 2010 at 20:55 #

take it these girls dont know there is another colour of shoes other than black!

dont like any of these looks, and rachel bilson! really why is she even there? has she done anything since the OC?

10. Ala October 5, 2010 at 21:23 #

Lily is my favorite look of these as well – she carries it with such poise! Kudos to her : )

11. Thaysa October 5, 2010 at 21:35 #

Lily is my favorite

12. Thomas Monks October 5, 2010 at 21:37 #

def blake in alexas dress y the UGLY MAN LOUNGE LOAFERS

13. Shell October 5, 2010 at 23:58 #

Bilsons hair could take some tips from Knightleys. It is getting so distracting and sloppy. Looks so unhealthy at the ends. Cut stat!

14. Hisadora October 6, 2010 at 00:00 #

I hate so much the shoes Alexa wore with this beautiful Chanel dress. Yes Alexa, you know how to ruin a good dress. I’m not surprised by this.

15. mochababe73 October 6, 2010 at 00:41 #

As per her modus operandi, Alexa Chung looks a mess. I just don’t know how a woman can make expensive clothes look cheap.
    I am a big fan of Leigh Lezark’s style. To me, she’s just girly and edgy all at the same time.
    I had more style when I was pregnant than Lily does, and she has better access to better clothing than I do. She looks terrible.
    I love Rachel’s shoes. The rest of the look is boring. It’s been done before, and I’m bored.

16. nicky October 6, 2010 at 07:37 #

lily looks the best which is surprising. rachel’s look is a mess from the tacky hair colour to the ill fitting dress. she really ruined the dress for me…

17. Emi October 6, 2010 at 11:36 #

I still don’t get what people of fashion business find or see in Alexa Chung, she always looks a mess, or almost a mess, bad hair, terrible shoes, I agree with mochababe73, she makes expensive clothes look cheap. Why do designers give her tons of free clothes and accessories, WHY? It’s so unfair…

18. Colleen October 6, 2010 at 14:39 #

Who are those gladiator boots by that Rachel Bilson is wearing? I must have them. Now. :)

Lily looks very demure & beautiful…pregnancy agrees with her!

19. SarahV October 7, 2010 at 10:45 #

Rachel is another victim of two-tone hair. Seems like mostly LA-girls fall prey to this one…