Who Wore Elie Saab Better? Emmanuelle Beart or Blake Lively

During the Moscow Film Festival Vogue Russia threw a party attended by many local socialites to celebrate the event.

Emmanuelle Beart attended wearing an Elie Saab Fall 2010 black lace and burgundy tulle panel cocktail dress which she teamed with black accessories.

Blake Lively wore the same dress last week.

The “Gossip Girl” actress teamed her dress with a gold pendent necklace, Louboutin heels and a loose plait when she attended the Tiffany & Co. Introduces Eyewear For Spring 2011 event in New York City.

Emmauelle wins for me as I much prefer how she accessorized her dress.

Credit: Style.com, Vogue.ru & Getty

Akris Spring 2011

Akris Spring 2011

Andrew Gn Spring 2011

Andrew Gn Spring 2011

19 Responses to Who Wore Elie Saab Better? Emmanuelle Beart or Blake Lively

1. shubby doo October 4, 2010 at 08:19 #

i kinda prefer blake in this because of her shoe choice

2. Maggy October 4, 2010 at 09:13 #

Blake all the way. She looks so elegant. Plus, I prefer her shoes and I’m in love with her hair and her nails.

3. S October 4, 2010 at 09:38 #

Blake, because of her drool-worthy shoes

4. Lily October 4, 2010 at 09:43 #

I prefer Blake. The dress just sits better on her than Emmanuelle.

5. Anna Nazarova October 4, 2010 at 09:54 #

both pairs of shoes are not food to this dress. i feel the dress is better for emmanuelle, since it’s better for “older” woman. blake needs something more “girlish”

6. Rashmi October 4, 2010 at 10:36 #

I cant beleive u said “Emmanuelle’ FC :( I love this dress on Blake…sits better as someone said and definitely a better shoe choice..

7. amber October 4, 2010 at 10:48 #

Completely agree with Rashmi

• Fashion Critic October 4, 2010 at 11:01 #

And if I had said Blake everyone would have accused me of choosing Blake because she’s one of my favourites.

Can’t win

• passerby October 6, 2010 at 02:51 #

No. the shoes are definitely spot on! girlfriend be crazy

8. CreoleLady October 4, 2010 at 13:22 #

I’ve tried but I simply can’t like this dress on anyone. It’s the dress, which is an unattractive Saab creation to me. It’s rare when I dislike a Saab design but this is one of those time….

• Marvel October 4, 2010 at 15:31 #

I do love the dress but when I first saw the dress on Blake I thought it was Rodarte. It certainly does not fit the Elie Saab brand

• Linda October 4, 2010 at 22:38 #

I don’t see the appeal of this dress in any event, but it looks much better on the older woman. I really dislike it on someone as young as Blake.

9. Anissa October 4, 2010 at 15:00 #

I do think Blake wears it well…but then she has an amazing body so pretty much anything will look good on her. I’m judging this on the styling, and Blake’s nails, hair, and necklace (I actually like the shoes) make me give it to Emmanuelle. The question is not who looks “hotter” but who wears it better.

10. Gigi October 4, 2010 at 15:07 #

Not crazy about the dress. But to me, fashion also means to understand what looks good on your particular body type, and this does not flatter EB. She is just too much woman for this dress.. whereas BL, probably 20 yr her junior, looks lovely. Usually love ES clothes, but this is just too-too.

11. Elly October 4, 2010 at 17:18 #

I agree FC! Now i can put my finger on what I first felt uneasy about with Blake… the black band sits too low and should probably come under the bust like on Emmanuelle – it just looks better. Hence EB wins for me too

12. Sara October 4, 2010 at 18:25 #

I prefer the dress on the model with Blake’s shoes ;)

• Sharon October 4, 2010 at 22:42 #

I’m with you Sara. If someone has to wear this dress, I vote for the runway model.

13. mochababe73 October 4, 2010 at 22:30 #

As much as I hated to vote for Blake, I had to do it. Emmanuelle’s boobs look like they’re in the wrong place.

14. Nathaniel R October 10, 2010 at 03:58 #

I’ve loved Emmanuelle Béart forever (and voted for her but in truth I don’t love this dress on either so I’m with CreoleLady