04.10.10

Runway To LAX – Victoria Beckham In Marc Jacobs

Victoria Beckham was spotted leaving LAX airport yesterday.

She was headed to London to work on her collections and Range Rover project.

Normally at this point VB is showing off one of the dresses from her latest collection, but instead it’s all about her bag collection.

Victoria wore a Marc Jacobs Fall 2010 tweed grey pencil dress whilst carrying two of her Spring 2011 bags in taupe.

The bag collection was created in collaboration with accessories designer Katie Hillier.

The structured classic travel bag is sure to be a sell-out when it hits stores, as well as the flap clutch she has tucked under her arm.

Does anyone else think the travel case looks very heavy?

Credit: Fame Pictures & Style.it

Andrew Gn Spring 2011

Andrew Gn Spring 2011

Paule Ka Spring 2011

Paule Ka Spring 2011

34 Responses to Runway To LAX – Victoria Beckham In Marc Jacobs

1. kim October 4, 2010 at 12:49 #

this bag is ok when you take the airplane, but heaven’s sake no way i would buy this to go to work, way too big, too heavy, and too expensive.

2. Ali October 4, 2010 at 13:29 #

it does look a bit heavy, but looks AMAZING nonetheless. I want one, right now!

3. MReid October 4, 2010 at 13:38 #

I agree it does look very heavy and to be honest not very appealing. I imagine carrying that bag packed, any distance, would eventually get difficult with those short handles. I like a shoulder strap option when I am traveling but it wouldn’t look very attractive on this bag. Of course she looks chic carrying it.

4. GustavoMex October 4, 2010 at 13:39 #

very very very heavy

5. LeeAnn October 4, 2010 at 13:40 #

in this day and age nobody carries anymore so whilst the design might be nice I can”t see me lugging it across an airport when the alternate is luggage on wheels-no matter how annoying the wheely things are.

i really dislike her hair and wish she would cut it shorter again. Nice dress though and yes it must be heavy as I see the signs of budding biceps on those scrawny arms as she carries it.

6. Dorian Gray October 4, 2010 at 13:47 #

I prefer her travel collection to her latest dress collection and it’s a shame ’cause i really like the first 4 collections.

7. sarah October 4, 2010 at 14:02 #

why didn’t you post victoria latest collection?

• Fashion Critic October 4, 2010 at 14:27 #

I have

• sarah October 6, 2010 at 17:18 #

i’m sorry but i cant find it in your blog!

8. Clare October 4, 2010 at 14:19 #

I think it looks too big to go in the overhead locker if you are travelling economy – do you think she has checked to see if it meets the easyjet baggage guidelines??

…then again if you are buying a £1k bag you are probably travelling first and I am sure they could squeeze it in for you then!

9. Cheryl October 4, 2010 at 14:22 #

An Hermes Birkin had a love child with a Louis Vuitton travel trunk case.

I think it’s a new take on the BIG bag. You’ve seen them everywhere, the large slouchy leather hobos. Very casual. They’re trying to give it a retro-modern look by combining the dimension of today and the classic lines of yesterday.

I confess, I prefer large bags and I own quite a few of those slouchy hobos. But my biggest concern about those bags is that because you have more room but a more pliable material, you have a mega hard time looking for stuff (especially my really thin cellphone). That being said, this new structured bag would be great for office wear and/or travel due to its structure.

10. sara October 4, 2010 at 14:53 #

i love itttt the color the shape but i agree with you it seems soooooooooooo heavy!!!
    p.s.: the anna sui of your wishlist is beyond wonderful!!!

• Fashion Critic October 4, 2010 at 16:35 #

Totally. Thinking of skipping rent to buy that dress

11. Leslie October 4, 2010 at 15:07 #

I do. It looks like she’s doing muscle building exercise while traveling, really strange and not glam at all.

12. Moxie October 4, 2010 at 15:16 #

I agree, the bag looks too heavy. I can see the handle snapping off if you overloaded it. Then what do you do? The thing needs wheels or a strap.

13. Marvel October 4, 2010 at 15:29 #

*rolls eyes*

14. Karen October 4, 2010 at 15:34 #

It is “pretty’, but it is not practical for traveling. I’m all about having wheels on my carry-on, especially when I have to walk through the aiport terminals.

15. Elena October 4, 2010 at 17:39 #

Too heavy, and by the way I just hate her dress.. She looks like 45 years old!!

16. kit October 4, 2010 at 17:52 #

I think the dress is probably Marc Jacobs fall 2010, certainly looks like it. I don’t like the bag, much too bulky and basic looking in my opinion. I don’t want to be unduly rude about her, but it always seems a little try-hard to me that she peddles her wares this way, I’d much rather see someone who’s not Victoria wearing her clothes or accessories. Then again, maybe she just really likes her own designs.

• Fashion Critic October 4, 2010 at 20:16 #

it was thanks

17. Hannah October 4, 2010 at 18:35 #

I honestly couldn’t care less about the bag. Her hair :'(. What has happened? Her dress isnt completely fitted,it isnt immaculate. Her face looks strained. She looks awful. Shocking.

18. Alice October 4, 2010 at 18:49 #

Her hair really annoys me!

• Elena October 4, 2010 at 20:46 #

I agree

19. FashionAgenda October 4, 2010 at 18:55 #

I am sorry but I’m not a huge fan of her bag collection. I think they look ugly, big and heavy :s. I’m so desapointed by her last spring collection… I hope the next one will be better!

20. robbie October 4, 2010 at 19:50 #

again it looks like a hybrid of other designers.

although the dress is nice. dont know if it is the dress but she looks a little chunkier. hope it isnt just the dress.

21. fashion critique October 4, 2010 at 21:34 #

total utter mess, somebody cannot tame their “hair” either!! a mess gurl!

22. doc October 5, 2010 at 03:16 #

It looks like one of those huge bulky briefcases that are brought to court full of incriminating evidence. She looks like she is struggling to hold it with her tiny bicep bulging out. It looks uncomfortable.

23. Alicat October 5, 2010 at 06:59 #

Dress is a tad “secretarial” for my taste, unless of course you are actually working in an office. The length is awkward – maybe a bit shorter would help. The bag is just plain silly. Like so many have already said, who carries a bag instead of using one with wheels? Is it all just for show??

24. Ev October 5, 2010 at 07:48 #

Was she carrying an old Singer (sewing machine) in that HUUUGE bag? Honestly, I cant imagine the purpose of this suitcase (cant call it a “bag”, sorry). It’s too big to be an office bag, it has too short handles to be a traveling bag, so what else can you do with it?
    Her dress and the much smaller handbag are nice though.

• Fashion Critic October 5, 2010 at 08:13 #

LOL that’s what it reminds me of

25. SET October 5, 2010 at 11:03 #

I absolutely am in love with these classy bags. I can so use the big one for everything work. oh so chic i love her man. she is so taken seriously as a fashion designer to me.

26. SET October 5, 2010 at 11:06 #

Loveeeeeessss it, love the bags. She is doing amazingly well.

27. Lou October 5, 2010 at 22:50 #

This is the kind of secretary chic I don’t like… next please

28. mikeijames November 9, 2010 at 13:29 #

the bag is fab for us simpletons but it boggles the mind to think what a woman like victoria beckham would need with such luggage. doesn’t she maintain a residence in london?