04.10.10

2010 Teen Vogue Young Hollywood Party

Michael Kors sponsored the 2010 Teen Vogue Young Hollywood Party this weekend.

This obviously meant the star were decked out head-to-toe in the designers threads.

Michael Kors isn’t exactly the first choice brand for teens, but the stars did their best.

Nikki Reed wore a Michael Kors gold paillette asymmetric dress teamed with Michael Kors gold accessories.

Kate Mara wore a rose Michael Kors one shoulder dress with a Michael Kors nude leather pumps and nude crocodile clutch.

Brittany Snow was just trying too hard wearing a Michael Kors taupe jersey bandeau dress which made her look like a blonde Kardashian.

Keke Palmer wore a Michael Kors gunmetal metallic tweed strapless dress with Kors strappy sandals.

Apart from her shoe choice I loved Kendall Jenner’s look for this event.

The teen wore a white Alice + Olivia blouse with a cute black bow and a green H&M skirt with a black waistband.

She was one of the few who actually dressed like a teen at a teen event.

Lily Collins opted for a pink cute Michael Kors dress with flutter sleeves.

Emma Roberts blew everyone at this event out of the water wearing a gorgeous lavender Malandrino dress with Diego Dolcini gold pumps with an encrusted heel.

It maybe a tad OTT for a teen event, but she put in the effort and the results are amazing.

A Kelly Locke clutch and Diego Dolcini heels complete her look.

Alexa Chung wore a Michael Kors lace skirt paired with a cropped shirt and tan sandals.

My faves are Kendall Jenner and Emma Roberts.

Credit: Fame Pictures

Martin Grant Spring 2011

Martin Grant Spring 2011

Who Wore Zac Posen Better? Rose Byrne or Kelly Osbourne

Who Wore Zac Posen Better? Rose Byrne or Kelly Osbourne

32 Responses to 2010 Teen Vogue Young Hollywood Party

1. Ethne Blist October 4, 2010 at 18:09 #

Nikki Reed boring even though she tried hard here, Brittany Snow looks awful wearing an awful colored dress, Keke Palmer is meh, Lily Collins cute as usual I just want to put her in a tutu, Alexa Chung her usual self (don’t like her style, honestly)and Emma Roberts looks STUNNING. Certainly BDOFTW so far!

2. abc October 4, 2010 at 18:15 #

uh emma isn’t slightly ott. she’s so ott, she should have just walked to a different event. the dress is incredibly beautiful, but her hair styling looks terrible.

3. mm October 4, 2010 at 18:18 #

I think they all look really cute except for Alexa. Her look is so haphazard, she looks as if she was on her way to mall with that handbag.

4. Danielle October 4, 2010 at 18:40 #

I actually really like Kendall’s oxford shoes with her outfit. I’m surprised to see a Kardashion dress so age appropiate and demure.

5. ClaraAnne October 4, 2010 at 18:44 #

I’ve never really noticed Emma Roberts style before but this is just absolutely beautiful! From the hair to the earrings to the heels, best dressed of the week for me I think!

6. Marvel October 4, 2010 at 19:06 #

Kate Mara is the only one who looks decent imo. I like Kendalls look but its a bit TOO childish. On the flip side, I think Emma Roberts thought she was attending an Art Gallery opening.

Im so surprised Brittany Snow has stooped so low. Spot on with a blonde Kardashian.

7. maria October 4, 2010 at 19:06 #

i like the pink on Kate Mara with her red hair. I agree about Emma Roberts and the Malandrino. It’s a beautiful dress but still somewhat youthful. I also agree about Kendall Jenner, i especially like the shoes she paired with the outfit.

8. Leslie October 4, 2010 at 19:30 #

I think the worst is Nikki Reed. All this gold, from shoes to clutch, and the messy hair… Her look lacks of class. Even a simple black clutch would have improved it.

My favorite is Kendall Jenner too. Her choice of shoes (Louboutins) doesn’t bother me, even if heels would have been better.

Emma Roberts is not event appropriate, and I hate her shoes.

• Lisette October 5, 2010 at 09:55 #

Kendall looks amazing and I love her shoes. Emma Roberta is reeking of trying too hard, and while she looks pretty, she also looks 15 yrs older than she is.

9. robbie October 4, 2010 at 19:45 #

the only one i like is kendall, although her shoe choice is a bit dodgy.

the rest are just boring.

10. Methedrine October 4, 2010 at 19:59 #

Emma Roberts looks fabulous !!!!!!

11. Frida October 4, 2010 at 20:06 #

Is Kendall wearing the new h&m skirt? I think I saw something similar there and this one’s so pretty.

12. Rebecca October 4, 2010 at 20:24 #

Emma Roberts looks like she is about 40 from the neck down–that dress is WAY too old for her. Who let her do that?

13. Lula October 4, 2010 at 21:50 #

I dont think that teens should dress strictly ‘teen”. what does that mean anyways?
    They should be able to dress up and where classy, ‘adult’ clothing, not just teeny-bopper stuff

• Fashion Critic October 5, 2010 at 00:20 #

It means dressing your age, having fun, not wearing a gown to a teen event.

Why do they all want to grow up so fast anyway?

• ullis October 5, 2010 at 08:15 #

First of all,

I’m sorry I havent been commenting for a while but I’ve been busy with uni-stuff :) but I still check your blog daily :)

Second of all, I agree with you FC, even though Emma looks stunning, the dress isnt event-appropriate!

Thirdly, Id like Kendall’s outfit even more if the skirt was another colour :)

x

• Fashion Critic October 5, 2010 at 10:51 #

ooh don’t be sorry, uni-work comes first.

I’m glad you are back ;)

14. LizLemooooon October 4, 2010 at 22:37 #

Tho Emma is waayyyy overdressed I love how she looks and how she accessorised this. My best dressed are the same as yours FC! Kendall is my fave not only because her look is youthful, party appropriate and bright but because it shows personality it’s not just the same old cocktail dress and ridiculous heels.

15. Ev October 5, 2010 at 00:40 #

The top 4 girls look rather bad. Trying too hard, ended up looking boring.
    The bottom 4 look quite nice, even though Emma’s look is much OTT for teens.
    My favorite here would be Kendall Jenner. I love her shoes, actually I’m looking for something similar for everyday wear.

16. Antonio E. Feuillebois October 5, 2010 at 02:20 #

It’s true that Emma Roberts was overdressed at this event, BUT, she loooked stunning, i dont know how you didnt feautured her at the premiere of a movie of her wearing a gorgeous marchesa dress. I think this malandrino look should be added as a BDOTW contendant, for the first time.

• Fashion Critic October 5, 2010 at 08:14 #

I can’t feature everything and certain pictures I don’t have access too.

I hope you can respect that

17. Hisadora October 5, 2010 at 03:04 #

I simply love everything about Kendall Jenner’s look, she’s just 14 and I’m 13, so it suits my style very well, gorgeous! :)

Ps: is she really Kardashian’s half-sister? Thank God she’s in the right way of fashion because I’m tired of the Kardashians sisters ruining bandage dresses, hope she always dresses her age.

• Fashion Critic October 5, 2010 at 08:14 #

yes she is x

18. gossip_bangkok October 5, 2010 at 05:05 #

Emma looked simply stunning. Kendall Jenner’s whole look was perfect for the event.

19. Alicat October 5, 2010 at 06:51 #

Predictable cocktail dresses and sky high heels is what one would expect at a teen event. That is why I love the quirky look Kendall Jenner has donned including the shoes. Emma Robert’s dress is beautiful but age inappropriate both for the event and the plunging neckline. It is also more suited to a curvy figure. I could see Christina Hendricks in this. I must confess I don’t know who any of these girls are – a result of age and living in the Antipodes I guess!

20. Gaber October 5, 2010 at 10:43 #

Sweet baby Jesus on a stick!
    Kendall Jenner is going to be my BDotW!

21. Linda October 5, 2010 at 12:30 #

I love Kendall Jenner and Lily Collins’ pink dress. They really stand out as age appropriate and attractive compared to all the horrible tight minis. Yuck. Emma Roberts looks lovely, but it is too much for this occasion.

22. Hannah October 5, 2010 at 18:21 #

I love Kendall Jenner. I think she looksadoreable, although I hate her shoes, but I am SO glad she didn’t wear heels. With so many beautiful MK dresses out there I am shocked how poorly dressed they all are.
    I would love to see Emma Robert’s dress, in a slightly more demure form on her auntie, Julia.
    Also Brittny reminds me of Stephanie Pratt more so than Kim K.

23. Lou October 5, 2010 at 22:56 #

Emma Roberts – amazing, but Alex Cheung – no, no, no, no, no…. what a mess.

24. hally October 6, 2010 at 08:40 #

i really liked kendall jenner’s outfit! you can’t even tell shes related to the kardashians. keke palmer always looks good too.

emma looks like shes dressing up in mommy’s evening gown to my eyes. and i think she is over 18, but i still think the front of the dress is too bare looking

25. DM October 7, 2010 at 03:39 #

i like Brittany’s look! she looks great! Emma on the other hand – uh wtf? she’s too young to be wearing that type of dress…especially with the cleavage-bearing.

26. Linda January 10, 2011 at 18:45 #

Kendall Jenner looks like the waitstaff who got her skirt stuck in her underware after going to the bathroom – just awful