03.10.10

Akris Spring 2011

The Akris Spring 2011 presentation delivered the clean crisp staples we expect from the Swiss fashion house this morning during Paris Fashion Week.

Albert Kriemler made a shirt the most important piece of this collection.

This shirt was paired with shorts, skinny pants or skirts.

We also saw leather gilets, shirt dresses, wide-leg pants, chic jackets, A-line dresses and billowing skirts with asymmetrical hemlines were presented on a mostly neutral colour palette, but we were also treated to a beautiful selection of floral print silks, sand, khaki, electric blue and denim.

The relaxed looks were so simplistic and elegant. This collection for the woman who wants to look chic and sophisticated without revealing too much of herself.

I was slightly confused by the Walter Steiger wedges.

They had a footbed which pointed downwards which I can imagine would be quite difficult to walk in, but the models did so with ease.

The other key accessory were the bags.

We saw the relaxed cervo called the ‘Ai’ bag which was carried like a clutch, and the ‘Anouk’ was a clutch which also had a long shoulder strap wrapped around the models wrist.

Front Row: Anna Wintour

Favourites:
Floral halter dress and azzuro blue silk jacket paired with white asymmetrical top and and wide legged pants

Who I See Wearing This Collection: Angelina Jolie, Susan Sarandon, Sandra Bullock, Sharon Stone, Julianne Moore and Helen Mirren

Best Dressed Of The Week - Rachel Bilson & Heidi Klum In Roberto Cavalli

Best Dressed Of The Week – Rachel Bilson & Heidi Klum In Roberto Cavalli

Who Wore Elie Saab Better? Emmanuelle Beart or Blake Lively

Who Wore Elie Saab Better? Emmanuelle Beart or Blake Lively

10 Responses to Akris Spring 2011

1. pipsqueak October 3, 2010 at 14:59 #

While vacation was nice, I seriously missed this blog! I love Akris and this collection seems more colorful than usual, but I’m not crazy about the shoes. I’d like to see Carine Roitfeld in Akris.

2. sonia October 3, 2010 at 20:52 #

those wedges are terrible.I can feel the ache in my toes, not to talk about ho tremendously ugly the are!th

• Beatriz October 4, 2010 at 05:57 #

It looks like a child design them! Seriously, it looks like something you would see a funny character of a saturday morning cartoon wearing.

3. sara October 3, 2010 at 21:28 #

omg those shoes are so….strange?¿…the rest of the collection is simple and beautiful!

4. Hannah October 3, 2010 at 21:30 #

I love simple collections, because they seem quite overlooked. I would die if someone from yougn hollywood wore one of these looks. It is probably not goign to happen, but still. Tilda Swinton popped immediately to mind when I saw teh navy blue outfit.

5. Idealist October 4, 2010 at 03:22 #

I just want the handbags! I mean seriously Akris can make a mean piece of arm candy

6. robbie October 4, 2010 at 19:53 #

the collection was alright. but when i saw the shoes i wanted to gauge my eyes out! they are horrendous! they look like they were made for someone with barbie feet.

7. charly October 4, 2010 at 19:57 #

i love the walter steiger’shoes, they are amazing waouh!!!!

8. Lilli October 4, 2010 at 20:42 #

Those shoes / wedges are ART

9. Teddybear October 5, 2010 at 09:59 #

ISHI WEDGE! lol i still have to understand those shoes, but for sure i never saw something like that before..
    The NYDaily wrote about that