Variety’s 2nd Annual Power Of Women Luncheon – Katie Holmes In Louis Vuitton

I need two things.

A spoon to gorge my eyes out, and a straw to suck that last drop of life that Katie Holmes forgot to suck out of this dress.

Seriously Katie what gives with the short dresses and tights?

If you hate your legs that much then go long.

The crazy part is that her dress is shorten from the runway.

It gets even more insane.

The person who shorten it must have used a needle and a thread moments before she hit the red carpet because the dress is already coming undone.

The only thing that would make this worse is if she turned around and discovered her dress was caught in her tights.

Need a moment to get over this tragedy.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Kate Upton In Dolce & Gabbana - 'The Other Woman' LA Premiere

Kate Upton In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘The Other Woman’ LA Premiere

Variety's 2nd Annual Power Of Women Luncheon - Anne Hathaway In Erdem

Variety’s 2nd Annual Power Of Women Luncheon – Anne Hathaway In Erdem

46 Responses to Variety’s 2nd Annual Power Of Women Luncheon – Katie Holmes In Louis Vuitton

1. wilwarin October 1, 2010 at 10:06 #

FC i adore you, you made my day :D
    you also use spoon gorge eyes out… lol, when i say that everybody thinks i’m little bit crazy…
    anyway back to katie this is horror… i’m not crazy about the dress on runway to be honest, but on katie it’s worst thing i’ve seen lately… i just can’t find words to describe this disaster.

2. Terry October 1, 2010 at 10:07 #

If I compare the dress seen on the runway and the one worn by Katie, I can hardly find any resemblance. Katie’s dress looks like a knock-off of the Louis Vuitton number. This is a major disappointement :(

3. Lisa October 1, 2010 at 10:08 #

WTF? **Falls off chair** **gets back up** **falls off again**

• Rashmi October 1, 2010 at 18:03 #

LOL :)

4. Tracey October 1, 2010 at 10:35 #

Katie Holmes is proof that money doesn’t buy you style or class. I NEVER like anything she wears!

5. happydaiz October 1, 2010 at 10:49 #

Hair looks good though… :)

• Naomi October 1, 2010 at 11:21 #

Her make-up as well, and I think the print looks really good on her. All that aside – Yeah, the fit is really-really weird. FC even went easy on her with this pic, from other angels it looks unbelievably messy.

6. michelle October 1, 2010 at 11:17 #

*closes laptop scream and pretends i didnt see this* im actually done with her. katie i tried.

7. robbie October 1, 2010 at 11:24 #

she used to be so youthful and stylish, shame tom sucked at her youth out of her. kinda like what angelina is doing with brad.

but damn this look is terrible, the tights *cries*

8. Nikki October 1, 2010 at 11:44 #

The only time she’s not attached on the hip to Tom Cruise and she looks like this. It’s a disaster. :(

• Fashion Critic October 1, 2010 at 12:32 #

Only because it was a womans luncheon lol

With his heels he would qualify

• Clover October 5, 2010 at 01:23 #

Hahahahahah!!

Ahem.

:-)

9. k.b.s October 1, 2010 at 12:10 #

Oh my God. Katie is wearing Suri’s dress.

• Tania October 1, 2010 at 21:29 #

lol

10. bettybrandenburg October 1, 2010 at 12:11 #

Do you think it was her decision or her stylist’s to shorten the dress? If the stylist’s, fire her/him, if her’s, well, find a stylist for crying out loud!

It really annoys me that people with this much money are allowed to ruin good dresses that some people would give their eye teeth for to be able to afford. What a waste.

11. Lee Ann October 1, 2010 at 12:16 #

OMG NO!!!. I have mentioned that the in store dresses were a departure from what they were on the runway and that they did shorten them a good 4-6 inches. However the last time I tried this dress on it did not look like pampers on me. Awful Awful Awful.

12. Anuska October 1, 2010 at 12:20 #

My believe is that the only purpose of using the tights was to tuck in the helm of the dress. I think the elastic ‘gave up’ and said: “you are on your own on this one, Kate”. I am horrified!

13. shubby doo October 1, 2010 at 12:25 #

*sighs* i just Cant. with her at the moment. this whole look is an epic fail

14. Moxie October 1, 2010 at 12:36 #

Worst dressed of the week!

• Fashion Critic October 1, 2010 at 12:39 #

the year

• Moxie October 1, 2010 at 15:53 #

I’m not sure. I think it might tie with that gold mess that Juliette Binoche wore in Cannes.

• Fashion Critic October 1, 2010 at 16:03 #

oooh…yes Katie has competition for worst dressed of the year then

15. sara October 1, 2010 at 12:50 #

horrible!!!!!!!!!!and what about the boobs part???soooo unflattering!

16. Ju October 1, 2010 at 12:54 #

Such a waste of a Louis Vuitton!
    I actually like her, but she should let her 3-year-old-daughter choose her outfit!
    I wonder if it was suri herself who cut the dress…

• Ju October 1, 2010 at 12:55 #

* I meant shouldn’t instead of should

17. Camille October 1, 2010 at 13:25 #

Wow, this is sad. From the neck up she looks lovely, but the rest is really really sad. The fit is atrocious, the length is ridiculous and the construction is so poor it borders on bag lady playing dress up. And the way she stands, with her legs spread apart, ugh! It’s just all so wrong…and sad.

18. Li October 1, 2010 at 13:50 #

Ouch! Eyesore… She has a pretty face, a great figure, and a stylist who hates her or horrific taste! or mebbe style rehab!!! :)

• Li October 1, 2010 at 13:52 #

I meant to say she needs style rehab!!!

19. Sally October 1, 2010 at 14:46 #

I actually laughed out loud when I first saw this. Because as horrible as it is, and it is HORRIBLE, it’s really funny at the same time. I’ve always thought it would be fun to host a “Fashion Don’t” party … when I do I’ll have to send an invite to Ms. Holmes.
    FC, Thank you for the LOL moment of my day … week. :)

• Fashion Critic October 1, 2010 at 16:05 #

you are very welcome x

20. dressaddict October 1, 2010 at 16:59 #

That is a fiasco…Poor Katie, she looks like she’s the front-girl of a homeless people clothing line :(
    But it’s weird that InStyle UK put her at the “look of the Day” spot. I guess they’re afraid of the scientology curse ;)

21. JJovana3 October 1, 2010 at 17:05 #

TRAGIC. This is an eye sore.

22. ~**juDee**~ October 1, 2010 at 19:57 #

FC your sense of humour is friggin spectacular lol

• Fashion Critic October 1, 2010 at 20:31 #

Thank you…i wish this was funny but it’s so very tragic

23. kimi October 1, 2010 at 20:18 #

She should have just went with the run way version. She would have looked perfect in it. But no…she has to make changes. But I have to give it to her on make up and hair. LOL.

24. pam October 1, 2010 at 22:26 #

One word for Katie…proportion. There’s a reason the designer didn’t make that a mini.

25. Lara J October 1, 2010 at 22:30 #

I read the Anne Hathaway post before this and was wondering about the spoon and straw reference – and it makes perfect sense. Thanks for the colourful (and totally appropriate) commentary FC!!

How could someone turn a beautifully dress into something so horrific?! I can’t decide if it is beyond upsetting or so bad it is funny.

26. Ayesha October 2, 2010 at 13:06 #

good god!!!
    what IS this……………..

27. nhughey October 2, 2010 at 17:09 #

It always seems audacious to me that celebs alter runway looks, but this takes the cake – it isn’t anything like the same dress & why would we want to see it? Is she trying to look like her daughter?

28. mari October 2, 2010 at 19:25 #

UGLY UGLY uneven hem! I just can’t believe it!
    or was she supposed to be wearing a kind of bubble skirt?
    AND she wants people to buy from a fashion line she owns? REALLY?

29. Alicat October 4, 2010 at 08:52 #

We all have to dress for our shape, and the ovewhelming majority of us do not have the choice of the latest Louis Vuitton collection with its 50s inspiration, hence the styling of this dress. So why oh why would one shorten it so it looks like a child’s party dress? This is a fashion crime. Ms Holmes is very bottom heavy so the cut off flared skirt and black tights only accentuate this. Who is advising this woman? Tom? The original length would have suited her body type to a tee. The waist doesn’t even fit properly to flatter one of her good points. I could go on and on…

30. mochababe73 October 7, 2010 at 15:38 #

I guess that I will be the only one to disagree. I hate the runway length.
    Katie should have gotten a better seamstress to hem it. I much prefer Katie’s length, but I hate the styling.

31. sylvia October 16, 2010 at 19:49 #