Tiffany & Co. Introduces Eyewear For Spring 2011 – Blake Lively In Elie Saab

Gorgeous.

I’m so happy my 2 favourite girls have worn my favourite designer Elie Saab this week.

Cheryl Cole wore a gold Elie Saab dress on Wednesday night and now Blake Lively wears her second Elie Saab Fall 2010 dress this week.

Last night she attended the Tiffany & Co. Introduces Eyewear For Spring 2011 event in New York City wearing an Elie Saab burgundy tulle knee length dress with black lace detail which she paired with Louboutin heels.

Blake does this look justice even though she wore it after the breath-takingly beautiful Emmanuelle Beart.

On her last outing her hair was very blah, but here the Wang plait is just perfect for this look.

10 out of 10. I can’t fault her here.

She’s sexy and alluring without revealing anything.

Does she get a thumbs up from the non-believers?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Variety's 2nd Annual Power Of Women Luncheon - Amy Adams In Roland Mouret

Variety’s 2nd Annual Power Of Women Luncheon – Amy Adams In Roland Mouret

Keep A Child Alive's 7th Annual Black Ball - Beyonce Knowles In Andrew Gn

Keep A Child Alive’s 7th Annual Black Ball – Beyonce Knowles In Andrew Gn

50 Responses to Tiffany & Co. Introduces Eyewear For Spring 2011 – Blake Lively In Elie Saab

1. Jane October 1, 2010 at 16:13 #

I` m glad that Blake explores collections of Saab. It`s my favourite desigher too

Also Emmanuelle Beart wore this dress the first

I prefer it on Blake. She is godness =)

• Brooke October 1, 2010 at 17:26 #

I was just about to attach that same link, but only to comment that if a 47 year old lady is giving you a run for your money in the same dress, you can and should do better.

I think Blake’s shoe choice is poor, particularly in comparison to Emmanuelle’s. I also think the hair is again a hot mess. It’s not a well-constructed fishbone braid; it’s a sloppy DIY attempt.

Still not sold.

• Linda October 2, 2010 at 13:58 #

Yeah, it looks a lot better on the 47 year old as it’s more age appropriate on her. I can’t get on board with this look for BL.

• Ferferi in Paris October 2, 2010 at 14:16 #

I agree about the shoes. I would have liked a close up though. But from what I can see they look hideous on her.

2. adraina October 1, 2010 at 16:17 #

stunning. absolutely gorgeous dress and Blake has managed to pull it off

3. Laura October 1, 2010 at 16:24 #

LOVE the dress and LOVE it on Blake. Everything about this from head to toe is FAB

4. Gigi October 1, 2010 at 16:26 #

What I love is THE SMILE! It is so nice to see someone smiling… am so tired of the pout.. I know, it’s all about “working it”, but in #1, we can see her lovely teeth, and in #2 that hint of a smile is delicious. Go Girl!

5. shap_half October 1, 2010 at 16:29 #

She looks fantastic!

My only criticism is how matchy-matchy the shoes are. I would have preferred something that didn’t mirror the lace of the dress.

6. Anissa October 1, 2010 at 16:40 #

I’m usually not a fan of hers, but this time she looks good and semi demure (big step for her). I don’t love the hair, but I give her a definite thumbs up!

7. Emma October 1, 2010 at 16:40 #

She looks good in the dress. But my constant issue with Blake is that once she starts wearing a designer she wears that designer’s clothes to several events in a row.

8. mochababe73 October 1, 2010 at 16:43 #

I don’t like the hair or the little necklace. Love the dress and the shoes.
    Blake doesn’t appear sexy or alluring to me. It’s just okay. Blake pulls it off better than Emmanuelle. However, I am glad to see her step out of her comfort zone of showing legs and boobies with the same lame come hither look.

9. Ev October 1, 2010 at 16:50 #

Guess I am going to be a minority here, because I dont like it THAT much. I love her shoes with this dress and wish Emmanuelle Beart wore them. But other than that, this dress on Blake lacks sophistication, mostly because of her hair and absolutely useless necklace.
    In WWIB I would vote for Emmanuelle.

• biskachoo October 1, 2010 at 19:45 #

Couldn’t agree more, especially with the sophisticated comment.

• alannah October 1, 2010 at 23:14 #

yeh im very much with you too.i saw this & thought it was very blah. its almost like theres too much going o n & the hair just looks loose & messy & in the way.

• michelle October 1, 2010 at 21:45 #

agreedd, im not crazy over it either.

10. roxy October 1, 2010 at 17:01 #

so overrated.

11. Sally October 1, 2010 at 17:07 #

She looks fantastic!

12. sara October 1, 2010 at 17:08 #

i don’t like neither the shoes nor the necklace…the hair…mmm i’m not sure….but this dress is sooooooooooooo beatidful , elegant and original…i thought it was a rodarte…so natalie portman!!

13. renata October 1, 2010 at 17:11 #

I did not like the hair… blah

14. dee October 1, 2010 at 17:44 #

I don’t like her hair with this dress. I think it’s distracting and takes away from the details on the dress at the top. A sleeker hairstyle would have looked better but other than that I think she looks good.

15. Hannah October 1, 2010 at 17:49 #

Love love love love love this look. The dress is intricate and gorgeous. She looks amazing.

16. Rashmi October 1, 2010 at 18:07 #

BDOTW… I love Blake :)

17. ale October 1, 2010 at 18:18 #

cannot believe it. she does look good here. the power of elie saab :)

18. cartouche October 1, 2010 at 18:19 #

the dress doesn’t suit her at all.. she is too tanned and blonde for these colors. i think the hair also looks sloppy and takes away from the dress..
    don’t like this look on her at all.

19. justme October 1, 2010 at 18:29 #

Nice dress but sloppy braid, useless necklace and ugly shoes so no thumbs up from me. She might get an A for effort but that’s it.

20. Gaber October 1, 2010 at 18:47 #

After seeing Emmanuelle Beart in this dress also – I am positive that I really hate this dress. It’s like two interesting dresses, rolled into one massive disaster.

Plus, I hate the hair.

• Moxie October 1, 2010 at 20:11 #

Couldn’t agree more. It looks like two dresses that somehow were glued together.

21. Methedrine October 1, 2010 at 19:19 #

She looks amazing! Totally BDOTW for me!

22. FelipeA October 1, 2010 at 19:30 #

I really don’t like her in this. The whole look is weird. The dress is way too dark for a blonde, specially Blake. The hair has absolutelly nothing to do with the dress, and neither do the sheer Louboutins. Look 51 from the show qould’ve been better

23. biskachoo October 1, 2010 at 19:47 #

Dislike the hair, the shoes and the necklace. I’m fond of her as an actress, but honestly? Just no.

The dress would’ve worked better with hair pulled back or styled less sloppy, and with a brunette.

24. Jones19 October 1, 2010 at 19:51 #

I hated this dress on Emmanuelle but Blake makes it look good! This is why she’s my girl crush.

25. Hannah October 1, 2010 at 20:03 #

I wish I could love it, it’s sut her goddam hair again. SH ealways tries to make everything youthful and ‘blake’ like with her hair, but she throws it off entirely. Also considering this was a tiffany event, I am sur esh ecould ahve known better than to wear a neckalce, and opt for earrings, a ring a bracelet or any of th eaforementioned instead of a necklace dangling randomly in an already complicated neckline.

26. neorah October 1, 2010 at 20:05 #

I love the dress, but I hate her hair!

27. Hisadora October 1, 2010 at 20:05 #

I hate Emmanuelle in the dress, she looks really bad. But on Blake it just looks fabulous, I love how she posed her leg to show of a lace detail. Absolutely gorgeous, love her shoe choice, can you imagine if she had chose some black pumps? FC would just scream hahaha

28. Z FASHION BLOG October 1, 2010 at 20:07 #

Love the dress and how she looks in it.

Would have done the hair differently and lost the necklace.

29. Allison Joy October 1, 2010 at 21:04 #

love it

30. Nikki October 1, 2010 at 21:04 #

ove the dress but not on Blake. I don’t think she does this dress justice, The hair, makeup, and shiny oily skin. This girl seriously needs to learn more about picking her clothes and accessories. Maybe because she’s rather young. She needs to find a perfect balance. Sometimes she’s too sexy, the over does it, like low back, low front, short skirt. And other times she looks like an old lady. Maybe in time she

31. Thaysa October 1, 2010 at 21:16 #

only word: Gorgeous!

32. Amanda October 1, 2010 at 21:46 #

Don’t like all the hair on top of the dress, it makes the whole think looks messy, there’s too much on top of everything else,

Hate the shoes and the necklace, and I dont think the color suits her.

33. Alice October 1, 2010 at 22:12 #

I AM SO PROUD OF BLAKE.

34. ferah October 1, 2010 at 22:59 #

you are blind

• Fashion Critic October 1, 2010 at 23:37 #

You can disagree by all means, but your comment is very rude and I don’t stand for rudeness on my site

35. Marvel October 1, 2010 at 23:57 #

Could she be any more gorgeous

36. Yerdeh October 2, 2010 at 08:21 #

I love this dress!!

37. Maggy October 2, 2010 at 08:57 #

LOVE it! It’s just so gorgeous! BDOTW by far!

38. LizLemooooon October 2, 2010 at 17:35 #

IA with what Nikki says above me.
    NOOOO she’s ruined this dress for me! Her make up and hair should be as paired down as it is on the model and she should have had some glam/goth earrings and a chunky cuff instead of that necklace,
    She’s too young and preppy for this look. Urgh.
    Well at least shs’es smiling.

39. Amber October 2, 2010 at 18:19 #

Oh man, does she look horrid! The dress is just ugly, those shoes she seems to favor are some of the worst I’ve seen in awhile, and her make-up… well, let’s say she looks like she’s got on stage make-up to play a hag. Yes, I did go there. What is up with the huge lines around her mouth and nose?

• mari October 3, 2010 at 04:07 #

she’s young, but she’s a blonde, so her skin will probabl age sooner unless she starts tapering with it (fillers, plastic surgery, etc).
      that does not bother me, but her face could be less shiny, and for me, her hair is too yellow for this dress colors. She looks nice in my opinion, finally she is taking notes. Not a fan, though.

40. Jess October 3, 2010 at 14:16 #

nooo! this is my absolute favourite dress from this collection, I’d give my right arm to own it. Blake really does not do the dress justice, it needs a brunette, and better shoes. Ugh and the necklace? And please, an updo! I’d so wear this dress much better, if only I had the chance!

41. b October 4, 2010 at 02:45 #

Blah

She’s still so overrated in my eyes. I don’t find this look of her interesting nor gorgeous.