30.09.10

Zac Posen Spring 2011

Zac Posen’s Spring 2011 collection was presentation this morning in Paris.

The salon at the Hotel Westin was the perfect setting for his collection which was inspired by the Marchesa Casati and the style of the French designer-socialite, Comtesse Jacqueline de Ribes.

When Karlie Kloss opened the show wearing red ombre feathered jacket with beetroot pants I was pleasantly surprised the show started so aggressively.

Zac then moved onto the sexy dresses I was expecting which were sheer, had cut out details and accented with feathers.

The ostrich feather theme continued through-out the collection appearing on gowns, jumpsuits, tweed jackets and sprouting from the hips of skirts and pants.

The red, black and orange colour palette gave the collection a rich, sensual luxurious feel.

Models stormed the runway with their hair in a classic French pleat and rouge lips.

The strappy sandals were by Manolo Blanhink and the chain cuffs were designed by Yaz Bukey.

Model highlight was Coco Rocha who walked for her designer pal. She always lights up the runway.

Front Row: Leigh Lezark and Miss J

Favourites: Red jumpsuit and black sheer cocktail dress with lilac embroidery

Who I See Wearing This Collection: Claire Danes, Megan Fox, Coco Rocha, Devon Aoki, Demi Moore, Kate Beckinsale, Nicole Richie, Zoe Kravitz and Kerry Washington

Elie Saab Fall 2014 Couture Red Carpet Wish List

Elie Saab Fall 2014 Couture Red Carpet Wish List

Roland Mouret Spring 2011

Roland Mouret Spring 2011

10 Responses to Zac Posen Spring 2011

1. Terry September 30, 2010 at 16:28 #

I can see a clear sexy turn in his style, which I like!

2. cindy September 30, 2010 at 17:05 #

I really hope somebody will have the gutts to wear the red dress with the feather on the shoulder on the red carpet. If you line the belly part it could be an interesting choice I think. I just love the mix of colors on this number.

3. Moxie September 30, 2010 at 17:15 #

There’s a fine line between sexy and trashy with some of those looks. I’m already picturing that black sheer jumpsuit with red coat on the red carpet… and not in a good way. That poor model.

• Naomi September 30, 2010 at 18:18 #

I agree, that is not a good look. So many trends I don’t like this season – The sheer fabrics, the exposed bellies. I did not like the feathered looks at all. Also, there were some seriously weird necklines there – like the red beauty pageant sash or the one that has like 4 cleavage openings.

• Moxie September 30, 2010 at 21:41 #

I am so over sheer dresses, jumpsuits, etc being worn over underwear. So tacky, and yet I see that look in many collections.

4. Lara September 30, 2010 at 17:43 #

yuk… tacky. Back to NY, please

5. bettybrandenburg September 30, 2010 at 18:15 #

That black lacy jumpsuit – is he now designing stage costumes for Cher? Gawd help us…

6. Leander September 30, 2010 at 18:28 #

The Marchesa Casati would be mortified by this collection! Yet another designer jumping on the train of her black velvet dress and using her name for publicity. May you be bitten by a cheetah in a diamond collar, Mr. Posen.

7. Hannah September 30, 2010 at 20:01 #

I loves some of the looks, but hated others. He needs more refining, like he should have someone to overlook his final designs. I am sure it is because he is so young. I loved the ombre gown Vlada wore, Iloved the embroidered black dress, and the 9th look, which anna cleveland wore.

8. Mahima August 8, 2011 at 13:54 #

Kinda old now, but does Karlie Kloss open like every show, she does?