Roberto Cavalli’s 40th Anniversary Party – Rachel Bilson In Roberto Cavalli

Rachel Bilson attended the Roberto Cavalli Spring 2011 runway show in Milan, so it wasn’t a surprise to see her at the Roberto Cavalli 40th Anniversary Party in Paris last night.

The star looked gorgeous wearing a Roberto Cavalli leopard print gown from the Pre-Fall 2010 collection.

Gorgeous from the neck down because I hate her hair.

I’ve gotten over the ombre colour, it’s the style and the fried ends I hate.

I wish she’d put it all back in a sleek updo.

Could’ve been a contender.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Blake Lively for Lucky September 2013

Blake Lively for Lucky September 2013

Zac Posen Spring 2011

Zac Posen Spring 2011

32 Responses to Roberto Cavalli’s 40th Anniversary Party – Rachel Bilson In Roberto Cavalli

1. Jen September 30, 2010 at 15:08 #

Agreed. I hate this whole ombre hair thing. It looks like people forgot to get their roots done. Plus, her hair just looks sloppy.

2. J September 30, 2010 at 15:25 #

I would still vote for her for BDOTW though… the effect of dress+clutch+attitude+body+make up still look gorgeous

3. roxana September 30, 2010 at 15:27 #

very, very ugly hair! what is wrong with these girls? they have a lot of hairstylist and they lokk like that. bad…

4. Moxie September 30, 2010 at 15:35 #

Great dress, but her hair just ruins the whole look.

5. Shruti September 30, 2010 at 15:42 #

I think she looks absolutely lovely. Cute and sexy at the same time. Definitely BDOTW worthy for me. The hair could’ve been better but I love how she looks overall. A lot of people have been sloppy with their hair lately. Blake Lively being a case in point. But they look good nevertheless. Rachel’s a very pretty girl and I think this dress/look is great on her.

6. Jones19 September 30, 2010 at 15:44 #

I used to hate the ombre hair but now it’s kinda grown on me, I like it…

Anyway it’s been a while since Rachel has looked like such a sex kitten. Love everything about this look.

7. Brooke September 30, 2010 at 15:45 #

Her hair actually doesn’t bother me in this instance even though ombre hair is a stupid idea. It seems like she has always had lighter ends than roots and as if here she was trying a bedhead look (one I champion myself), which is very much in the Cavalli spirit. I don’t think it detracts from what is a flawless fitting gown and well-matched clutch. An updo would have looked too forced.

• Ev September 30, 2010 at 22:37 #

Absolutely agree with everything. I would still very much like to see her in BDOTW.

8. Vidhya September 30, 2010 at 15:56 #

I rem a comment u said about megan fox once.. “she accidentally let slip one of her sleeves sexing up the dress” i guess megan fox will never be respected but people dont blink when rachel bilson does it.. :) animal print is sexy enuf without having to go for off the shoulder look… im always a hater for animal prints but this dress is so beautiful..

9. Danielle September 30, 2010 at 15:57 #

I think she should be a contender. Best dressed I’ve seen all week!

10. Hisadora September 30, 2010 at 16:00 #

I’m amazed how she looks years better than the runaway model. I’m not a fan of leopard print but she makes it work for her looking stunning. I don’t hate her hair, it it just there..

11. maria September 30, 2010 at 16:12 #

i also can live with the hair, although it would be nice if she could trim the split ends…but i love the dress and fit and i like how she dropped the strap on one shoulder. gives it a sexy attitude.

12. Style Stealer September 30, 2010 at 16:21 #

Sadly I am not over the hair. Two tone hair is only ever okay if you are broke and can’t afford to get your roots done, not because it’s a “style choice”.

Shame because normally I love her and she does look gorgeous from the neck down.

13. maria September 30, 2010 at 16:28 #

I think she looks SMASHING! Love everything.

14. Alex September 30, 2010 at 17:02 #

I love her in this dress! I agree about hair though, a loose updo would work better, but it’s hard to pull off animal print and she looks amazing, it’s pure Cavalli sexiness.

For me BDOTW contender without a question.

15. justme September 30, 2010 at 17:21 #

She’s still a worthy contender for me even with that hair. She pulls that dress amazngly well for someone so petite and without looking tacky.

16. Lara September 30, 2010 at 18:21 #

In my respectful view, this look should still be included for BDOTW… it is flawless, DESPITE the hair. Looks from the sets of TV shows are included from time to time, even though they are styled by show stylists/professionals, because they are so worthy. A worthy look like this, even in spite of the hair, should similarly be treated… That being said, I remain respectful of the fact this this blog is FC’s and final say rests with her :)

• Fashion Critic September 30, 2010 at 18:27 #

I agree that it is a bdotw worthy look

17. FelipeA September 30, 2010 at 19:19 #

I’m sorry, but i gotta disagree with everyone. I think she looks beautiful, hair issues aside, and the dress fits her like a glove, but the print looks cheap and tacky to me, and the dress is very blah, though i do like the clutch with it. Being the designer who he is, there was an abundance of leopard everything, so she could’ve done better with both print and dress

• Amber September 30, 2010 at 21:42 #

i agree. though i’ve never really been a fan of animal print.

18. moja31 September 30, 2010 at 19:46 #

i don’t really mind the hair, and i mostly like the dress, but it borders on being a bit too much print for someone so petite. i like the pop of color in the clutch.

19. perfumeorpoison September 30, 2010 at 22:35 #

oh but she is so pretty here.. i mean her body looks amazing here!!!
    p.s. if i had hair burnt like that, i’d chop it off in a second..

20. Rene September 30, 2010 at 22:45 #

LOVE IT!, BDOTW Worthy

• Mimy October 1, 2010 at 02:38 #

agree!!!

21. Marvel September 30, 2010 at 23:50 #

She is in Paris which means endless posts on JJ on her attending Fashion Shows.

Say it isnt so

22. Rosie October 1, 2010 at 03:49 #

I love that she can be sexy and cute at the same time. My girl crush is re-established!

23. Laura October 1, 2010 at 05:21 #

I really really despise the look of having a strap hanging down, unless its super fitted like Diane’s Golden Globe dress. But surprisingly, I don’t hate it here. I too dislike the ombre hair trend, but I think the coloring of Rachel’s works well with the dress. However, the hairstyle does not. It’s just too messy for the dress. If I was wearing a dress as gorgeous as that, I would be better safe than sorry and pull my hair back.

24. CASS October 1, 2010 at 07:09 #

I don’t usually like animal prints but this dress is amazing. Agree with the comment bout her hair but I still think it’s BDOTW worthy.

25. Emi October 1, 2010 at 10:55 #

BDOTW contender for sure. She’s so cute and she looks fabulous here. Her hair need a cut and some moisturizing treatment and I think she could choose wavy locks or a classy hairdo but this doesn’t ruin the look because the dress is beautiful, it fits her well and she looks great.

26. Deborah October 1, 2010 at 15:06 #

GOSH, she doesnt have the atitude to pull this off. AND THE HAIR!!! It looks like she went to the store on a regular day, tried the dress and didn’t take it off until the event hahaha so her hair was dirty and awful because she didnt shower. And the sleeve looks ridiculous. I prefer it on the model, for the first time.

27. Deborah October 1, 2010 at 15:07 #

Ohhh and she could have at least put some jewlery, Im telling you, she went to the R. Cavalli´s store and left wearing it.

28. ics October 1, 2010 at 19:55 #

BDOTW contender…. I just love how she styled this dress! Her dress is stunning, she wore it better than the model. The hair doesn’t bother me at all..