30.09.10

Roberto Cavalli’s 40th Anniversary Party – Leona Lewis In Roberto Cavalli

Now this is what you call a Roberto Cavalli gown.

Deliciously OTT and in yer face.

I kinda wish this was the gown Heidi Klum wore instead of Leona Lewis who doesn’t quite have the presence to make me love it and forget that it’s a shocking coral colour.

Jennifer Lopez would made me love this gown, because she would’ve given us nothing but divalious attitude and totally pulled it off.

Leona wore this Roberto Cavalli coral strapless corseted gown with layers of lace and tulle to the designers 40th Anniversary Party which was held in Paris last night.

How much do you hate it…I mean love it?

Credit: Newscom

Victoria Beckham Spring 2011

Victoria Beckham Spring 2011

Who Wore Elie Saab Better? Eva Longoria or Cheryl Cole

Who Wore Elie Saab Better? Eva Longoria or Cheryl Cole

41 Responses to Roberto Cavalli’s 40th Anniversary Party – Leona Lewis In Roberto Cavalli

1. Catriona September 30, 2010 at 21:24 #

Part of me loves it because it’s not black and isn’t a corset belt.

The rest of me hates it because she doesn’t have the attitude to “work” it.

• molly October 1, 2010 at 04:02 #

agreed. But I think I would like it better if it was in blue. The color reminds me of a prom dress.
      Also, any chance that you’ll be featuring Taylor Swift? Im curious about what you would have to say about her more mature new look.

2. Tania September 30, 2010 at 21:25 #

Yayy! I’m glad she’s wearing this dressand she gets a A for effort! However I totally agree that she’s not selling it!

3. Liz September 30, 2010 at 21:27 #

Leona looks amazing!

• mm September 30, 2010 at 22:06 #

I agree!

4. Rebecca September 30, 2010 at 21:44 #

It is a beautiful dress, and she is a beautiful woman, but it is sort of wearing her instead of the other way around.

5. robbie September 30, 2010 at 21:51 #

I NEED A BUCKET! OH MY GOD ITS HIDEOUS! roberto cavalli just get tackier and tackier, this is horrible like damn.

• Amelia September 30, 2010 at 22:30 #

my thoughts precisely.

• Ethne Blist October 1, 2010 at 00:46 #

The corset part for me (with the ties falling) is what makes it tacky.

• Gretta October 1, 2010 at 09:25 #

It’s. just. awful.

6. Ala September 30, 2010 at 21:54 #

I really love the color of the gown with her skin… I’m not sure if I would have liked to see it on Jennifer Lopez though…

The OTT-ness of the dress I think works with Leona because she’s making it seem so wearable. It’s hard to explain, but I think more of a diva wearing this dress would just have been extra OTT, whereas Leona keeps it fresh and simple!

• samaira September 30, 2010 at 23:54 #

Ditto!

7. justme September 30, 2010 at 21:54 #

When it’s not a corset belt, it’s a corset dress. If girlfriend wants a defined waist so much, she needs to buy herself some Spanx and call it a day. And is that a fake mole I spy under her right eye? I see…

• perfumeorpoison September 30, 2010 at 22:37 #

the mole is .. just unexplainable.
      and the dress is awful although at first i was just happy it wasn’t a corset belt. maybe if it were a different color?

8. edoardo September 30, 2010 at 22:05 #

A very drammatic dress with a lot of fascinous!!

9. Hannah September 30, 2010 at 22:25 #

I lovecavalli. I prefer his otehr stuff as this is a little ‘rich daddy’s girl prom’, but it is amazing. I think this colour suits her amazingly. When Leona and Cavalli get together it really is amazing. I do notreally mindher attitude, her seemingly shyness compliments the gown and amkes it not too OTT.

10. mochababe73 September 30, 2010 at 22:47 #

This dress is gorgeous!!! I love it. I think that this is even more Cavalli than Cavalli.
    I agree that someone with a little more diva in them would have done the dress more justice (J. Lo, Beyonce…).

11. sara September 30, 2010 at 23:31 #

this is one of the most horrible dresses i’ve ever seen!!!!

12. Marvel September 30, 2010 at 23:46 #

Im not fond of the colour and this reminds me a lot like her Vivieene Westwood dress she wore last year.

13. moja31 September 30, 2010 at 23:55 #

this is the most interesting thing she’s worn in well… probably ever, so i’ll give her kudos for that. tired pin straight hair however, is still tired.

14. michelle October 1, 2010 at 00:11 #

this dress is so pretty/ ugly. unfortunately leona is selling me the ugly.

15. Lance October 1, 2010 at 00:40 #

This is terrible. I have to switch the page. It’s hurting my eyes!

16. FelipeA October 1, 2010 at 01:14 #

Jesus Christ!!! What is up with this color for a huge gown? She looks like Glinda the Good Witch. No amount of diva attitude could save this.

17. KateS October 1, 2010 at 02:10 #

lols, peaches and cream barbie – I kind of love it.

18. Hisadora October 1, 2010 at 02:48 #

Oh why didn’t Heidi wear this spectacular gown? She would totally pull this off with her beauty and pose…. Leona just looks sad on it and oh sorry but it is a waste of a really wonderful dress.

19. Laura October 1, 2010 at 05:13 #

I love this dress and I love it on Leona. One because the color is good on her skin. And two, because Leona’s been known to rock some cracktastic looks (all those Vivienne Westowood corsets). This is like cracktastic glam that works well on her. A great look but a great look amongst a sea of great looks this week.

• Fashion Critic October 1, 2010 at 07:18 #

Cracktastic…..love it

20. Ev October 1, 2010 at 06:36 #

I am on the fence about it. While I am glad that it’s not black and that she doesn’t wear tights (although I probably shouldn’t be so sure about that), I don’t like Leona here, better yet I don’t see Leona here. All I can see is a coral explosion and I really hate the skirt because there is WAY too much going on. I also don’t think that the color works well with her skin tone, because I see it kind of grey-ish.

21. CASS October 1, 2010 at 07:08 #

I don’t think the colour’s really right for Leona.

• shubby doo October 1, 2010 at 08:45 #

same here…i love this dress…but leona denies it any sort of presence *sighs*

22. Kiwi October 1, 2010 at 08:49 #

I love the gown and I love her in it.. sure, others would have worked it better.. but I have a weakness for coral

23. wilwarin October 1, 2010 at 10:22 #

to be honest the only thing i love about this gown it’s colour the rest is big mess, i don’t thin leona is right personality for the dress but to be honest i don’t think i would’ve like the dress even on someone else…

24. Thaysa October 1, 2010 at 13:30 #

BDOTW for sure! I loved. The colour is amazing!

25. Anna October 1, 2010 at 13:31 #

I love it. The dress is gorgeous and this is the first time my first thought when looking at Leona wasn’t “she looks like a man in drag.”

26. Deborah October 1, 2010 at 15:02 #

Totally agree, I always say that but it’s because most of times I agree with everything u say heheheh. JLO would definetly have more presence. Also Leona always have crazy make up and orange tan, which DOES NOT fo with this dress. It’s sad that she wore it now nobody is going to wear it =/ The dress is stunning.

27. sonia October 1, 2010 at 21:20 #

New section:
    Best “girl who always wanted to wear her Barbie’s princess gown” award

28. Giuseppi October 1, 2010 at 22:02 #

I love it- she looks like Claire’s boutique blew up in her face and ended up all over her dress. This is way too much, and I love it like that. I seriously think she should have gotten some gaudy jewelry to go with it.

29. Ayesha October 2, 2010 at 13:07 #

i don’t like this color at all,JLO could’ve made it look so good….

30. Lou October 2, 2010 at 15:18 #

I agree with those of you saying she deserves credit for going in this direction. I do think a darker colour would have complimented her skin tone better (not black!) and she’s not super rocking it but I like that she tried!

31. nhughey October 2, 2010 at 17:18 #

The only thing I know about this girl is that she’s part of the Cotton Campaign, as if she had something to say about style…I can’t listen to this! Still totally love the entry of her closet in the commercial, tho.

32. Amber October 2, 2010 at 18:23 #

Ugly dress, but the color is nice on her. And it would have looked ridiculous on JLo, too.