29.09.10 Premiere

“Knight And Day” Tokyo Premiere – Cameron Diaz In Bottega Veneta

Can someone please bring back the old Cameron Diaz.

The ‘new’ Cameron fails to excite me.

She joined Tom Cruise on the red carpet for the Tokyo Premiere of “Knight And Day” yesterday.

Her Bottega Veneta turtleneck dress has to be the most uninteresting look she’s given us for the promo tour for this movie.

I guess since the movie isn’t doing so well the budget for her red carpet looks has rapidly decreased hence a boring turtleneck dress.

Who wears a turtleneck to a premiere anyway?

The only thing saving this look from putting me in sleeply coma are her Jimmy Choo ‘Lavish’ sandals.

Credit: Getty

2010 San Sebastian Film Festival Closing Ceremony - Ana Álvarez In Christian Dior

2010 San Sebastian Film Festival Closing Ceremony – Ana Álvarez In Christian Dior

"Fugitive Plan B" Seoul Press Conference - Lee Na Young In Chanel

“Fugitive Plan B” Seoul Press Conference – Lee Na Young In Chanel

34 Responses to “Knight And Day” Tokyo Premiere – Cameron Diaz In Bottega Veneta

1. GC September 29, 2010 at 13:28 #

That was too simply,huh Cameron? Let’s go rock this style and do a better look. Just an advice: It was a premier,look out to not do it again and make us disapointed.

2. Grace September 29, 2010 at 13:35 #

YAWN! Why is Tom dressed so casual too? What happened to Hollywood glamour?

• Fashion Critic September 29, 2010 at 13:44 #

EXACTLY. Is it too much to ask for these days?

3. Lee Ann September 29, 2010 at 13:42 #

That turtle neck dress is 4 figures don’t think the budget has been cut

4. TrillianM September 29, 2010 at 13:57 #

Is it me or are those shoes of his cleverly disguised heels or platforms?

5. cindy September 29, 2010 at 14:11 #

there’s something really odd about that picture…Tom cruise is 5 7″ and cameron is 5 9″ and even if she’s in heels ( at least 3″ high)….they are almost the same height! Is he wering wedges? anyway!
    I really miss the old quirky-funny-bubbly cameron…

• Fashion Critic September 29, 2010 at 15:17 #

Lol I bet he is wearing wedges

• From Russia With Love September 29, 2010 at 16:15 #

I think he is wearing Tom Ford shoes… they always have huuuuuuge heel.

6. bettybrandenburg September 29, 2010 at 14:33 #

Lee Ann’s right, surely that BV dress is just as expensive as any sparkly mini dress. I think this looks great, and it’s a new look for a premiere – who says you have to wear a low cut frilly sparkly number – what’s wrong with Mad Men chic?

• Fashion Critic September 29, 2010 at 15:16 #

It not about a sparkly dress. Gemma Arterton wore a simple strapless Gucci dress recently and she looked amazing without make up

• bettybrandenburg September 29, 2010 at 16:08 #

true. Ms Diaz does need to do something about that hair. AND the arm candy.

7. FortyNotOut September 29, 2010 at 14:53 #

Am with you on this one – maybe Tom ordered her not to outshine him?! But those shoes are gorgeous and bring some much needed focus to the outfit. Hope you’re loving all your fashion week adventures! xx

• Fashion Critic September 29, 2010 at 15:11 #

Very much so. I’m on the Eurostar to Paris right now x

8. Ally September 29, 2010 at 14:54 #

What I don’t is I think that Rachel Zoe’s go-to-guy Brad was dressing her for this promotional tour. He has such an interesting look himself and apparently doesn’t want to share it! I do like the shoes though.

9. gossip_bangkok September 29, 2010 at 14:55 #

I swear Tom is wearing platform in his shoes… Cameron is really tall, usually she’s taller than Tom, and especially when she is wearing heels. I love LOVE LOVE the Jimmy Choo though! Sadly, the dress was really plain.

Why were in Tokyo? Damn, I could have been there! :(

10. mm September 29, 2010 at 15:11 #

The shoes are HOT! Love love them.

11. Regina September 29, 2010 at 15:11 #

Hmm I love this look on Cam.Classy

• Manja September 29, 2010 at 15:55 #

me too,simple yet beutiful,and the shoes are just divine

12. Ev September 29, 2010 at 15:46 #

That’s sooo boring. You would think that after doing not-so-well with the movie they’d at least try to get a positive attention from the red carpet.

• Fashion Critic September 29, 2010 at 20:02 #

That would’ve been the clever thing to do

13. Camille September 29, 2010 at 15:58 #

Love the shoes!! And the dress is great too, classic, simple and elegant. What spoils the entire look is Cameron’s stringy lank hair. OMG the woman has never met a hairbrush she likes. Would it kill her to get her dead ends trimmed? She kills me with her never ending bad hair day.

• Camille September 29, 2010 at 15:59 #

also: a better belt and some chic earrings would have improved this looks also.

14. robbie September 29, 2010 at 16:34 #

well that was a boring look until the shoes! MUST HAVE THOSE! they are sensational! *bows down to the choo*

15. Hannah September 29, 2010 at 16:54 #

Absolute eyesore. I would fir eher stylist (even if she is Rachael Zoe). She hasn’t looked good in a VERY long time.

16. Clancy from Dallas September 29, 2010 at 16:58 #

are they really still promoting that damn movie!? yawwwn. shes as boring as julia roberts!!

• Fashion Critic September 29, 2010 at 19:59 #

because the movie is so terrible.

I was tempted to walk out half way through

• Bella September 30, 2010 at 01:23 #

Bad movie or not, I can see why they are still promoting it – they are getting PAID! haha! I would promote it too if I was even getting a quarter half of what they get haha. Plus get to go on trips and get dressed up, etc. Sign me up! haha I haven’t see the movie yet but I heard from a from a few ppl that it wasn’t that bad.

17. artemis September 29, 2010 at 17:35 #

“Who wears a turtleneck to a premiere anyway?”…LOL!! I totally love the comment and i totally agree!

18. Marvel September 29, 2010 at 20:39 #

BORING.

Wears my leggy Cameron??

19. Bella September 30, 2010 at 01:32 #

Yes its a bit on the simple side but I love how she adds a hot shoe and a colorful shoe at that to make it stand out, so I don’t completely dislike this look.

20. Giuseppi September 30, 2010 at 03:43 #

Actually, I almost feel self- conscious saying this, but I like this… I think the look is pretty good. The shoes and the turtleneck both.