Ana Álvarez looked like an angel at the 2010 San Sebastian Film Festival Closing Ceremony this weekend.

The Spanish actress glowed on the red carpet wearing a beige Christian Dior Spring 2010 gown.

Her off-the-shoulder sheer gown with embroidered details was worn with a shorter beige dress underneath.

The gown may have been heavily watered down from the runway, but I much prefer Ana’s version.

It more elegant and not a brash as the runway version which I don’t think many could easily pull off.

Which do you prefer?

The runway or the red carpet version?

Credit: nymag.com & Getty

Diane Von Furstenberg ‘Glamour’ Party - Bianca Brandolini D’Adda In D&G

Diane Von Furstenberg ‘Glamour’ Party – Bianca Brandolini D’Adda In D&G

"Knight And Day" Tokyo Premiere - Cameron Diaz In Bottega Veneta

“Knight And Day” Tokyo Premiere – Cameron Diaz In Bottega Veneta

24 Responses to 2010 San Sebastian Film Festival Closing Ceremony – Ana Álvarez In Christian Dior

1. mm September 29, 2010 at 12:30 #

The hem on her dress is distracting reminds me of curtain sheers.

2. Rashmi September 29, 2010 at 12:32 #

I like the way the dress has been modified but I would have preferred the runway color..

3. Lee Ann September 29, 2010 at 12:33 #

I love both. But ethereal version is not really watered down it just has a thicker under slip which they do to all dresses that are see through. But they also supply the runway slip too for those who are either brave or exhibitionist

4. GC September 29, 2010 at 12:40 #

The both colors are gorgeous! But she should have acessoried a little bit more to define the amazing Dior dress,shouldn’t she? Even not just classic&chic,but classic&stylish powerfull girl. Btw,the orange one is more adept for the season,with the marvelous colorfull clothes

5. Lisa September 29, 2010 at 12:40 #

Much prefer the orange colour of the runway version but would be better with an orange dress underneath and no stockings. So basically a mixture of the 2 looks would work for me.

• Ally September 29, 2010 at 14:57 #

That’s the way I would have gone too. Maybe even see how it looks with a full length liner dress underneath. I want to pull the right shoulder up too b/c where it is sitting is not very flattering.

• Fashion Critic September 29, 2010 at 15:02 #

May have looked too bridal with a full length skirt underneath

• Kathy September 29, 2010 at 16:28 #

yeah, i thought of a full length underneath… but it would really look too bridal.
          to avoid that, she could’ve chosen the runway version a ad an underneath of the same color.
          wouldn’t that work better?

• Brooke September 29, 2010 at 20:28 #

Were I her stylist, I’d have used the runway dress, which would have been a terrific color for her (and which doesn’t appear to have been modified other than the 8″ cut off the hem) over a short nude stretch seamless tube for a nude look without show-through. The dress she is wearing under this is too boxy across the hips and looks like a separate garment; the nude slip would alleviate that and bring the focus back to the details on the sheer panel. Arrange the shoulders of the dress in the way they were done on the runway; and I think it’d have actually been quite fetching on her. Far more impactful than this sort of half-arsed, overly prim interpretation.

6. sara September 29, 2010 at 13:48 #

i prefer the beige version but the way of the petticoat is better in the runway!!narrower!…and i don’t like her hair.

7. jui ho September 29, 2010 at 14:08 #

neither!

8. gossip_bangkok September 29, 2010 at 14:59 #

I really don’t like the dress, but I thought she made it work. I liked the runaway version better.

9. Blant September 29, 2010 at 15:07 #

Spanish actress looked beautiful! She had to present the festival´s closing ceremony so its color is much more appropiate. The dress looked great when she walked down the long stairs of the stage. Yes, she was an angel!

10. Sally September 29, 2010 at 16:03 #

Runway. The large hem is distracting, plus I don’t care for the complete lack of color with this look.

11. Ethne Blist September 29, 2010 at 16:20 #

Is that a bra strap on her left shoulder?

12. Hannah September 29, 2010 at 16:52 #

I prefer the runway. I prefer how the neckline is worn, I much prefer the colour, I prefer the lining (exceptfor the garterline), I prefer the hem (or lack thereof) and I prefer that there is more leg after the embroidery. I think the best thisdress ever looked was Jennfier Garner on W’s cover.

13. Giuseppi September 29, 2010 at 17:29 #

I like both, but the runway version is better IMO- so original and fun.

14. Moxie September 29, 2010 at 18:49 #

I’m not a fan of either look. It looks like she pulled the curtains off the wall, a la Scarlet O’Hara in Gone With the Wind. The orange would have provided more interest at least.

• Kristie September 30, 2010 at 01:04 #

Totally agree, it does look like she’s wearing a curtain!

15. Marvel September 29, 2010 at 20:40 #

Im not a fan of the dress but I do like this version just as well at the runway pic. Im still unsure how I feel about it

16. Cheryl September 30, 2010 at 02:47 #

I prefer the runway version’s colour. If she took the runway version and modified it to the same one she’s wearing now (but being the runway colour) it would be much more dramatic…

17. amber September 30, 2010 at 05:20 #

runway version

18. Emi September 30, 2010 at 13:35 #

RED CARPET VERSION

19. moja31 September 30, 2010 at 19:58 #

much prefer her version, but she needed to lose the curtain like hem.