28.09.10

Simple and gorgeous.

Those are the two words that came to mind when I saw Lea Michele on the red carpet at PETA s 30th Anniversary Gala and Humanitarian Awards, which was held in LA this weekend.

The “Glee” actress has been frustrating inconsistent on the red carpet as she looks amazing for major events, then tries and fails for everything in between.

This was good. No it’s amazing.

When she’s not trying too hard she gets her look spot on.

I adore her Jose Duran ivory gown. It’s sexy, chic and elegant all at the same time.

I love that she’s supporting an up-and-coming designer.

Satin ivory complementary Jimmy Choo heels, Tiffany jewelry and a Swarovski clutch completed her look.

Are you loving this as much as I do?

Credit: Newscom

Natalie Portman In Christian Dior - 17th Shanghai International Film Festival Award & Closing Cermony

Natalie Portman In Christian Dior – 17th Shanghai International Film Festival Award & Closing Cermony

Fashion 100: Most Influential Bloggers

Fashion 100: Most Influential Bloggers

28 Responses to PETA s 30th Anniversary Gala and Humanitarian Awards – Lea Michele in Jose Duran

1. Hisadora September 28, 2010 at 01:17 #

I just love it more than you love it FC, she looks absolutely gorgeous! Some should take notes. Less is more u know. She’s GLOWING.

2. Laura September 28, 2010 at 01:28 #

I really love this. It shows a point not made enough in Hollywood: simple can be stunning. This dress has one point of drama, the neckline, and the rest is simple, chic and elegant. This allows Lea to shine through.

The only thing I would change are that I’d have her hair be wavy/curly. The shoe is a bit matchy-matchy, but it’s growing on me. Still, Lea looks breathtaking. BDOTW contender depending on how the rest of the week works out.

3. molly September 28, 2010 at 03:02 #

I love the simplicity, but that neckline has got to go. It looks like she has boob wings.
    The color is amazing on her. And i love the shoes.

4. Rashmi September 28, 2010 at 04:50 #

I like the dress …but shoes are too matchy matchy for my taste…

5. Ev September 28, 2010 at 05:15 #

I would’ve prefer a more sleek hair style than that.
    And as much as like this look, I can’t stop thinking that it might be a bit too simple for Lea. We used to seeing her in dramatic gowns with lots of details and color, and I think that kind of dresses suits her more than minimalistic ones. Just MO.

6. Jackie September 28, 2010 at 06:08 #

I hate her matching satin peep toes. I absolutely hate them. Hideous. Her hair could also be better. Besides those things, this is nice! Not quite BDOTW for me though.

7. Pati September 28, 2010 at 08:57 #

Lea looks stunning here, but I wish the dress was in a different colour. It reminds me of a wedding dress a little too much…

• Leti September 28, 2010 at 16:04 #

Agreed, and the shoes only make it worse. Had she not worn these shoes, I might have given her a pass.

8. kim September 28, 2010 at 10:18 #

BDOTW !

9. jes September 28, 2010 at 10:33 #

I don’t like this at all! She doesn’t fill out the dress nicely and the shoes are hideous.

10. crazyme97 September 28, 2010 at 11:06 #

it’s not amazing, it’s not horrible, it’s an ok look!!!

11. Ayesha September 28, 2010 at 11:12 #

i don’t hate it but i’m not crazy about it either,there is just something that i don’t like here,and i don’t know what.

• michelle September 28, 2010 at 17:40 #

agreed

• Amy September 29, 2010 at 02:17 #

Agreed. I don’t love the dress, I think it looks very dated on her because she suits a more young, playful, vibrant look. I think the look would’ve been greatly imrpoved had she worn different shoes, maybe some strappy heels with embellishments & a matching clutch.

12. nicky September 28, 2010 at 12:02 #

she looks good. but not im not too blown away. i like how she’s decided to tone down her look but the flaps on the dress is too distracting

13. Thomas Monks September 28, 2010 at 12:05 #

pros: great color on her she should let this be her go to color instead of black

Cons: those wings on her breasts make it look as if she is about to take off and the hem on he dress makes the petite actress look even shorter and i would have loved to seen a stunning silver crystal rene caovilla shoe instead of the heady satin pump

14. bea September 28, 2010 at 12:13 #

I hate the matching shoes and the wings.

15. Mahima September 28, 2010 at 12:42 #

I hate this look. maybe it is the bad accessories, or the pose, but nothing is working for her.
    at least she looks pretty, but the look altogether isn’t working.

16. Marvel September 28, 2010 at 13:09 #

I LOVE this look.

I think she can only bring it when she is in ball gowns. She looks outstanding and I can totally see this as BDOTW

17. dressaddict September 28, 2010 at 13:09 #

No, I don’t like this look, the dress has those weird v parts on her breasts, it’s ill fitted and the shoes are too matchy. I only like the light make- up.

18. Alex September 28, 2010 at 14:02 #

I waited for you to post your thoughts about this look and I’m happy becase I also think that she looks simple and georgous. And I never ever heard about Jose Duran so I’m glad she brought something new to red carpet.

19. mochababe73 September 28, 2010 at 14:13 #

I don’t like this one on her. I don’t like the material, and this is really a nothing color. It reminds me of a dressing gown.
    I guess that I am the only one that thinks that she could put an eye out with that pointed bodice.

20. Cat September 28, 2010 at 16:25 #

I don’t like this look at all… I don’t think it’s flattering it looks pretty cheap too. And I’m hating the matching shoes… it’s seems like something the girls of Beverly Hills 90210 would’ve worn to the prom.

21. Moxie September 28, 2010 at 16:48 #

Love it — another worthy BDOTW contender!

22. Maggy September 28, 2010 at 17:44 #

No, I don’t like it. I mean it’s all ok except for those boob wings. Yuk.

23. Tania September 28, 2010 at 21:57 #

I don’t like it!

24. Amber September 29, 2010 at 01:29 #

Nope, I dislike it. The points on the bodice are what I find the most annoying, and the shoes are too matchy matchy.

25. Rosalee September 29, 2010 at 01:58 #

Oh no! Terrible! It doesn’t fit, it isn’t flattering on her figure at all! That hair! And matching shoes?
    No! No! No! No!