28.09.10

Kerry Washington was in New York last night for the Metropolitan Opera Season Opening of the new production of “Das Rheingold”.

The actress always looks close to perfect on the red carpet, and this is no exception.

Her Marchesa ombre silk georgette grecian draped gown is breath-taking.

I adore the colour and the luxe feel of this gown. I could gush about this BDOTW worthy look all day.

A Marchesa stingray square box clutch completes her look.

Credit: Admedia

In Kylie Minogue's Closet - Gucci LBD

In Kylie Minogue’s Closet – Gucci LBD

amfAR Milano 2010 - Heidi Klum In Roberto Cavalli

amfAR Milano 2010 – Heidi Klum In Roberto Cavalli

27 Responses to Metropolitan Opera’s 2010-11 Season Opening Night: “Das Rheingold” – Kerry Washington In Marchesa

1. Marvel September 28, 2010 at 14:14 #

The dress reminds me of Michelle Yeoh’s look at Cannes

I just think that Kerry has absolutely not style and feels that she walks into a room of stylists and says dress me. Plus like Bilson and Belle is she even promoting a movie with the thousands of red carpet appearances??

• michelle September 28, 2010 at 17:37 #

she’s actually got a movie called ‘night catches us’ coming out and she just recently finished a stint on broadway, doing a david mamet play called ‘race’. she really doesnt do that many red carpet in comparison to belle and bilson and she actually works.

• michelle September 28, 2010 at 17:45 #

oh and i forgot to add, she is going to be in a film directed by tyler perry ‘ for black girls who have considered suicide when the rainbow isnt enough’ with a fantastic female cast.

• Marvel September 28, 2010 at 19:45 #

Thats all fine and well but I dont get why designers lend her clothes to a B-List actress and when I see her getting interviewed she acts as if she is up there with George and Julia. Im sorry ut her personality is really off putting

• michelle September 28, 2010 at 22:11 #

she’s hardly a blist actress. just because she does not appear on blogs doesn’t mean she not an a list actress

• V September 28, 2010 at 23:25 #

*blank stare*

they obviously do not consider her B list. at least she’s working. designers want their clothing on people who will be photographed and discussed. case in point

• Penny September 29, 2010 at 07:26 #

B list actresses need something to wear too.

2. Tamia September 28, 2010 at 14:14 #

Yes Kerry YES YES YES!sensational,now I know who im voting for already for BDOTW. FC, do you know that she’s in a film with Thandie coming out soon? can’t wait to see what they both wear on the red carpet x

3. Alicat September 28, 2010 at 14:43 #

A beautiful, glamorous look. The colour looks great against her skin. I just adore Marchesa dresses. Swoon…

4. mm September 28, 2010 at 15:05 #

Gorgeous! Hair and make up are perfection! Yes BDOTW

5. Naomi September 28, 2010 at 15:19 #

Great hair and make-up. I’m not crazy about the bottom of the dress but the top is really divine.

• Naomi September 28, 2010 at 15:23 #

Looking at the other photos I also really liked the little touch of gold from the earrings, and I wish she’d have shown more of her shoes – they seem very delicate and lovely.

6. Moxie September 28, 2010 at 15:19 #

Absolutely beautiful. Definitely a BDOTW contender.

7. Donna September 28, 2010 at 15:26 #

Beautiful! The color is amazing on her and I love her new longer hair.

8. mochababe73 September 28, 2010 at 15:34 #

I love the dress, but I don’t like it on Kerry. I find her quite dull, actually. The fabric around the arms bother me, and the chest area appears to be too low.

9. Jennifer September 28, 2010 at 15:45 #

The color looks fantastic on her… but I just can’t get excited. I feel like it sits a little too low and the dress is too long as a result. Pretty girl, wearing a pretty dress… and no spark for me.

And I officially give up on my crusade against the white make up/lighter make up around the eyes… I still hate it, but alas, it looks like its a trend that is staying.

10. michelle September 28, 2010 at 17:35 #

you know i love kerry, so im ecstatic about how she looks in this. girlfriend better werk.

11. Jessica September 28, 2010 at 18:00 #

i honestly love the colour of this dress and I think it looks great on her! BDOTW contender, for sure!

12. Hannah September 28, 2010 at 18:56 #

I was abotu to say I don’t like the way that she always has that bored look, instead of really owning it, but the second photo was just amazing – thankyou for featuring it. She looks amazing and few people could pull off this colour. Perfect for the occasion and perfect for the weather/season.

13. ~L September 28, 2010 at 19:02 #

It looks sad and baggy, esp. if you have seen the photos from the back. So un-Marchesa-like.

14. Jennifer September 28, 2010 at 19:15 #

Incredible. My favourite look on this since Cate Blanchett’s Lacroix. Can’t see anything topping it this week either.

15. sonia September 28, 2010 at 19:45 #

For me it could be candidate for dress of the week but not look becouse th drapped coth around her arns is too “low” almost in her waist and it makes her look shorter somehow shorter !

16. vicky September 28, 2010 at 21:27 #

I’m sorry to say this and go against what everyone else been saying but I don’t like this. The details on the arms is too distracting, it feel like the dress is going to slip down and show us everything! Also it’s too long and heavy in the bottom half. It’ s drowning her. Had those two things been changed it would have been fine, but then again it wouldn’t have been the same dress….

17. Ethne Blist September 28, 2010 at 21:33 #

I love you Kerry for bringing this dress to life! Finally!

18. Melany September 29, 2010 at 11:28 #

I think KW looks gorgeous, especially in the 2nd photo!

19. Laura September 29, 2010 at 20:38 #

I usually don’t love those kinds of sleeves with that low of a neckline because it can cause saggage. But Kerry’s grace doesn’t allow for that. She carries this look beautifuly. And the ombre looks marvelous with her skin color. This is fabulousness at its best. Love.

20. Tai'Tiana September 30, 2010 at 08:06 #