28.09.10

LACMA Presents ‘The Unmasking’ – Kim Kardashian In Georges Hobeika

I wasn’t going to feature Kim Kardashian, but on reflection I have to give credit when credit is due.

The Reality TV star wore a breath-taking red Georges Hobeika gown to the LACMA “The Unmasking’ Of Resnick Pavilion Opening Gala in LA this weekend.

Her stunning gown with gathered details and a double shoulder strap hugs her gorgeous curves giving her a perfect hourglass silhouette.

A classic updo and trademark smokey eyes complete the look.

Credit: Fame & AdMedia

"The Late Show with David Letterman" - Blake Lively In Elie Saab

“The Late Show with David Letterman” – Blake Lively In Elie Saab

2010 New York Film Festival ''The Social Network'' Premiere - Brenda Song In Marchesa

2010 New York Film Festival ”The Social Network” Premiere – Brenda Song In Marchesa

41 Responses to LACMA Presents ‘The Unmasking’ – Kim Kardashian In Georges Hobeika

1. mm September 28, 2010 at 18:12 #

Side profile is gorgeous!

2. bettybrandenburg September 28, 2010 at 18:24 #

I’m sure she’s done something to her lips, makes her look more and more like her mother (nothing wrong with that, although Kim looked good before, too). I don’t find that the dress is anything special, admittedly a lot classier than some of her day wear!

• 2c September 28, 2010 at 18:50 #

i love her street style …i wouldn’t say it was trashy ..in-fact I’d go as far as saying she dressed pretty classy which especially hard for someone with curves

I feel bad for Kim, i feel like she has come a long way and people look down on her

side note – I think her dress is great, not feeling the smokey eyes though

3. cindy September 28, 2010 at 18:25 #

I’m not a fan of her style usually but I have to give it to her here: this look is perfect!
    She has such an amzing figure. I really like her updo on this occasion. Develish red hot tamalee!

• Manja September 28, 2010 at 18:41 #

totaly agree with Cindy”Develish red hot tamalee!”
      great look for her

4. Jeremy September 28, 2010 at 18:37 #

Am I gonna vote for her? Possibly. Do I like her now? Never. Watching her effing show is worse that water-boarding.

• Fashion Critic September 28, 2010 at 18:51 #

ditto on everything you just said.

5. fozaaa September 28, 2010 at 18:40 #

Wow. That is really nice!

6. Hannah September 28, 2010 at 18:46 #

Credit is absolutely due here. The knot/ruche detailing is so clever, and executed to perfection.

7. Alice September 28, 2010 at 18:53 #

i think everyone, even haters, can say she looks absolultey beautiful here!

8. Jarrold September 28, 2010 at 18:57 #

I dont know why most of us continue to “give credit where credit is due” Kim Kardashian, I think she can proved to us that he is part the tight herve leger hip hugging, boob pushed out dresses, For the past year she can given us alot of amazing looks. Can we just all learn to like her style :-)

• Fashion Critic September 28, 2010 at 19:03 #

I get you…but she will always be the girl who became famous because of a “sex tape”. Sorry, I like my celebs scandal free.

• Jarrold September 28, 2010 at 19:49 #

I understand. :-/

• Alicat September 29, 2010 at 05:18 #

Thank you for enlightening me, FC. I always wondered why this woman was famous and now I know. Classy… It would take more than a beautiful gown to overcome such is history, but either way, she’s laughing all the way to the bank. Who said life is fair??

• StylistLiz September 29, 2010 at 07:55 #

You my dear are so right! I really want to say give credits to her stylist, Monicarose. Sometimes her signature look is very boring and predictable, even the street wear…really egnouh with the blazers.

9. Naomi September 28, 2010 at 19:08 #

This dress is perfect for her figure and I like her hairstyle, but isn’t there ALWAYS something wrong with her make-up?
    Lately she just looks like a wax doll, here on top of that it’s the wrong shade for her, too yellowy. No idea why she puts so much make-up on.

• Amelia September 28, 2010 at 19:55 #

I agree completely

10. shap_half September 28, 2010 at 19:27 #

admittedly, there’s something very abusing-the-trends about kim’s street style, but she looks great here. it’s hard to find fault with it.
    she’s got a great figure that’s being celebrated in this dress. kudos.
    four great looks on the main page. a good week for sure.

11. sara September 28, 2010 at 20:38 #

i think this is the first time i like her!!!great color and updo!!!

12. Ethne Blist September 28, 2010 at 21:30 #

I love this look! Fashion Critic for giving her the credit she deserves here. Too much make up though but she was spot on with the smoky eye.

13. LeeAnn September 28, 2010 at 22:02 #

i like my celebs with a modicum of class. Tacky and trashy doesn’t do it for me .

14. Marvel September 28, 2010 at 22:22 #

She’s done the long red gown before.

Whats also not new is her cheap tan and stripper make up.

15. mochababe73 September 28, 2010 at 23:09 #

I am a huge fan of Kim’s style. I am a fellow curvy woman, and I appreciate the way that she puts stylish outfits together.
    She looks beautiful here, and maybe, she’s trying to make a turn around. Her latest red carpet looks have been so different than her usual style.
    As far as how she became famous, I could care less. Let us not forget that Nicole Richie was no saint either. To each his own.
    I guess that the whole sex tape thing is a moot point. This woman is making money hand over fist by purely marketing herself. It’s genius, and I can’t fault her for that. Someone (alot of someones) must love her.

16. Sue Jin September 28, 2010 at 23:25 #

She looks amazing in this dress. Something about her makeup makes her look unnatural and older than she looks. I saw an episode where she tried botox and she got swollen and bruised up.. and her family said she looked like a cartoon version of herself.. and she really does. I hope she doesn’t do anything anymore like she said
    Shes a beautiful woman.. but her makeup always irks me.

17. alannah September 28, 2010 at 23:31 #

i think she looks fabulous! bdotw for sure.

18. moja31 September 28, 2010 at 23:37 #

this is the best i’ve ever seen her look.

19. Idealist September 28, 2010 at 23:55 #

I love Kim K. but it alwys seems lk she wears the same thing over & over on the red carpet. bandange dress or 1 shoulder figure hugging dress. I need somethin new from her

20. Carla September 29, 2010 at 00:14 #

I’ve begun to think the mistake we make with celebrities like Kardashian is expecting them to do something, to have some talent, so they force themselves into roles they have no business trying to fill (actress, singer, etc.) and used trumped up, often sleazy means (sex tape) to garner attention. To me she is part of a whole movement–and I’d put folks like George Hamilton back in the day, Jennifer Lopez more recently, and Kardashian in this category–where their entertainment value is simply in being beautiful, which she certainly is here. But that’s all she is. I think we ought to stop expecting more.

• mochababe73 September 29, 2010 at 18:26 #

I second that. She is doing a great job of marketing herself as being Kim.

21. Sienna September 29, 2010 at 00:55 #

I think this is the best I’ve ever seen KK look. I agree it’s hard to dress in figure-hugging clothes and look elegant when you have such a curvy shape. Kim has definitely found the cut of gown that suits her perfectly. Love, love, love it!

22. Amanda September 29, 2010 at 01:53 #

Her updo is beautiful!

23. amber September 29, 2010 at 03:04 #

other than her cat-face, she looks great here

24. Shaina September 29, 2010 at 05:25 #

This is a great step up from her body-con dresses. She looks gorgeous.

25. Melany September 29, 2010 at 11:24 #

I feel like I’ve seen this look on KK dozens of times before. She definitely loves one-shouldered dresses. I can’t really get excited about this outfit.

I do love the hair, though.

26. Emi September 29, 2010 at 15:33 #

I think that it’s just a chance that she’s dressed this way… Usually I hate her style, compared to even Paris Hilton seems classy… This time her look it’s flawless, for sure. I didn’t know she became famous for a sex tape, I thought she was famous because she’s very very rich and daughter of a famous lawyer. It’s strange to see her in this blog, but today she deserves it.

27. Laura September 29, 2010 at 20:31 #

On a personal level, I loathe the Kardashians. I’m still ticked at Lea Michele for gushing over what a big fan she was of Kim’s on the Emmy Red Carpet. Lea’s a real talent. Kim’s a real…umm I don’t even know.

On a fashion level, this is stunning. As a fellow woman with a bigger chest, I commend Kim on choosing a one-shoulder. It keeps the girls from going south. And the red’s a great colour for her. I may loathe her, but I do not loathe this look.

28. tk September 30, 2010 at 08:42 #

I don’t get why you always have to hate on Kim K and Amber Rose, i mean was it necessary to say “I wasn’t going to feature Kim Kardashian, but” ? If you were really giving credit where its due then you would just give it without having to explain yourself. I think fashion really needed them to give it a wake up call, we love them because they don’t always follow the rules of fashion.

• Fashion Critic September 30, 2010 at 08:49 #

A blog is about expressing ones feelings and I will continue to do that.

I don’t like useless celebs like Kim and Amber who are famous for being famous.

What is the problem with that?

If you’re that bothered by my comment I will just not feature them in future no matter what they wear.

• tk September 30, 2010 at 14:49 #

I agree with you 100% on that one which is why i felt i should express mine, and like you said it’s a blog but don’t forget that it’s a fashion blog, when did it become about judging peoples personalities/beliefs/morals/standards?
        They might be famous for being famous but it’s about their style, not how they became famous. You and I might not have the same morals and standards they have but it doesn’t mean we’re saints, we also have our faults and no fault is bigger than the other.

29. Deborah October 1, 2010 at 15:14 #

I used to be a fan of KK style but now I grew up and IM SO NOT. But this dress actually looks perfect, and of course she had to ruin it with this heavy make up. Nude eyeshadow, false lashes and eyeliner would go way better with this dress.

30. Deborah October 1, 2010 at 15:14 #

The hair looks amazing though