27.09.10

Versus Spring 2011

The Versace Theatre had been turned into a playground for the Versus Spring 2011 presentation yesterday evening.

It had rustic swings, a roundabout, a slide, a climbing frame and the usual runway was replaced by grass. Real grass.

The sound of kids playing and laughing was heard in the background as we waited.

A school bell rang to signal the start of the show as the first model walked out.

We were first presented with a variety of tartan dresses. Then floral prints dresses, a mixture of both and stripes.

To close Christopher Kane and Donatella Versace presented colour block dresses.

We saw shorts, cardigans worn on shoulders, pleated skirts, pencil skirts and dresses with sexy cut-out details.

The accessories included satchels, strappy sandals and booties with cut-outs which all the same colourful prints as the dresses.

Favourites: Tartan mini dress and blue ensemble with a striped skirt

Who I See Wearing This Collection: Julia Restoin-Roitfeld and Leighton Meester

Credit: Video credit, Bryan Boy

LACMA Presents 'The Unmasking' - Christina Aguilera In Atelier Versace

LACMA Presents ‘The Unmasking’ – Christina Aguilera In Atelier Versace

LACMA Presents ‘The Unmasking’ – Nicole Richie In Marchesa

LACMA Presents ‘The Unmasking’ – Nicole Richie In Marchesa

11 Responses to Versus Spring 2011

1. Z Fashion Blog September 27, 2010 at 13:16 #

This collection was a total surprise to me.

I loved how Christopher Kane moved us gradually from plaid to floral prints and from the prints to strong neon colours.

The florals slowly entered the plaid picture and then left space little by little to the bold colours.

2. S September 27, 2010 at 13:35 #

Who are the shoes by?? Gorgeous

• Fashion Critic September 27, 2010 at 13:51 #

Versus

• S September 27, 2010 at 14:02 #

oh, sorry, stupid question, thought they were lent.

3. edoardo September 27, 2010 at 13:58 #

I liek the “Play” set for the show…Kane is a genius and without him versus would fail!!

• Dorian Gray September 27, 2010 at 14:42 #

We don’t know if without him Versus would fail, surely it would be different. Of course I pray that he will stay at Donatella’s court as long as possible.

• edoardo September 27, 2010 at 15:20 #

Maybe you’re right…But I’m sure, and also some journalists have the same mind, that Kane relaunch Versus…But I totally agree with you…We ‘ve ti hioe that kane never leaves Versace’s house…Maybe in a future he could design all the lines of the maison!

4. Ally September 27, 2010 at 14:39 #

Swooning over that black bag with the plaid.

5. Dorian Gray September 27, 2010 at 14:44 #

Loved this collection but I prefer the FW2010 collection. I adore the bags and the last color block dresses. The models were beautiful, however the most beautiful one wasn’t on the grass but between the audience.

• Fashion Critic September 27, 2010 at 15:21 #

;)

6. Hannah September 27, 2010 at 19:39 #

I am achingly disappointed. I LOVE versus, I loved the simple colour sand the velvets, I hate tartan, and heachahing colours. It just seems really 90′s fashion victim. literally so upset I do not know what to say. I really didn’t expect it to be this weak. Kane ahs letme down bigtime this season. BIG time.