LACMA Presents ‘The Unmasking’ – Christina Aguilera In Atelier Versace

This weekend Christina Aguilera attended the opening of The Lynda & Stewart Resnick Exhibition Gala held in LA at the LACMA.

The singer showed off her sexy fuller figure wearing a silk chiffon Atelier Versace Spring 2008 gown.

Her champagne coloured low back gown was embellished with champagne and gold beads around the waist.

This is the 2nd Atelier Versace gown Christina has worn this year.

The reason why this works so well, is because she has the right attitude to carry such divalious gown.

She’s modified the gown so she’s not showing off too much boobage, which she may not have done 5 years ago.

My only problem with this look is the hair and make-up.

Credit: Style.com & INFEvents

Front Row @ Emilio Pucci Spring 2011

Front Row @ Emilio Pucci Spring 2011

Versus Spring 2011

Versus Spring 2011

30 Responses to LACMA Presents ‘The Unmasking’ – Christina Aguilera In Atelier Versace

1. Monkey September 27, 2010 at 12:55 #

Her makeup is absolutely horrendous. I wish someone would wipe her face with a wet tissue. That would be a start.

Neck down she looks great.

2. maria September 27, 2010 at 13:23 #

Wow, when did he get hips like that?!

3. Linda September 27, 2010 at 13:58 #

From the neck down, yes.

4. Bárbara September 27, 2010 at 14:13 #

She looks like a wax figure!! I just dont understand how with an entourage like she probably has, she ends up going out looking like that.

5. Elise September 27, 2010 at 14:17 #

She looks orange, I really hate her make up but the dress is gorgeous !

6. Alicat September 27, 2010 at 14:24 #

Underneath the excessive makeup, fake hair and other fake “attributes” is an attractive woman. Her fuller figure is accentuated by the gown and is suited by it. If only she would tone things down a bit re the makeup and hair… She looks like a caricature of herself.

• Camille September 27, 2010 at 16:40 #

so true

7. mochababe73 September 27, 2010 at 14:36 #

I agree about the Dolly Parton hair and the make-up. Someone also went overboard with the tanning products.
    The dress is beautiful on her, but she needs to fire the rest of her glam squad.

• mm September 27, 2010 at 14:57 #

I so agree, all i see is Dolly! The dress is gorgeous, perfect fit

8. Dorian Gray September 27, 2010 at 14:40 #

Her make up and hair iare not a problem, are a VERY BIG problem! Such a shame because I adore this dress.

9. jui ho September 27, 2010 at 14:49 #

1. The Hair!!!!
    2. The Hip!!!!!
    3. The Heavy make-up!!!!

She needs to tone it down and have a fresh start. Chop her mane and minimal make-up.

10. Matt R September 27, 2010 at 15:00 #

FC,

Didn’t Christina wear an Atelier Versace gown to the Golden Globes this year when she showed up with Cher?

• Fashion Critic September 27, 2010 at 15:28 #

That was Spring 10

• Matt R September 27, 2010 at 15:29 #

Yeah, I went back and checked after I posted and realized it was a runway look. Either way, it seems Christina and Versace go very well together.

11. Colleen September 27, 2010 at 15:43 #

This has been said before, but bears repeating…she looks great from the neck down. The gown is a perfect fit and she has the right attitude to pull it off. However, the hair & makeup is terrible. Why is it that she always looks like a drag queen? She is too orange and her hair is too white. I think it is time for a new hair color…and a new make-up team.

• Naomi September 27, 2010 at 16:00 #

ditto

• alexa September 28, 2010 at 12:58 #

I completely agree. The dress is exquisite but the Barbie doll / stripper hair and make-up needs to go.

12. Marvel September 27, 2010 at 16:00 #

I like the dress but I would prefer on a brunette. Christina is so orange it looks like she is sponsoring Wotsits.

13. Pati September 27, 2010 at 16:15 #

I think Jessica Simpson´s stylist should take notes on how to dress Jessica´s fuller figure … And perhaps Jessica could give Christina some tips on make up… As to the hair – I too hope for the change of colour, as this is a disaster…

14. Tania September 27, 2010 at 16:41 #

I don’t like her with a fuller figure I prefer the dress on the model.

15. Camille September 27, 2010 at 16:44 #

whoever transformed Courtney Love for the red carpet back in the day needs to get ahold of Christina and do the same for her. Her makeup looks too orange and way too heavy, it actually ages her and makes her look cheap. Her hair wouldn’t be nearly as offensive w/the right makeup.

16. moja31 September 27, 2010 at 17:27 #

she looks way better than she normally does, and her curves are much preferred to the anorexic look she sported way back when, but she’s too busty for this dress; it looks much more elegant on the smaller chested model.
    Her makeup is unforgivable, and the hair is tragic; somebody needs to sit her down and tell her that this look is beyond tired, and never really worked for her to begin with. she’s not channeling marilyn anymore, at this point the only thing she’s channeling is hot tranny mess.

17. Gretta September 27, 2010 at 17:41 #

Remember those lifesize doll heads they used to sell years ago for girls where you get to do the make up and do hairstyles? Christina’s head looks like one of those, especially after I got my 7 year old hands on it, high on Skittels

• Donna September 27, 2010 at 19:02 #

Great comment! I loved my doll head! So true-she has overdone the hair and make-up and totally taken away from a beautiful dress.

18. Jones19 September 27, 2010 at 18:22 #

Whoa she was so skinny the last time I saw a picture of her and now she’s piled on the pounds. She still looks gorgeous but it’s such a drastic change. Anyway love the dress, hate the hair and makeup. Same old with Christina.

19. robbie September 27, 2010 at 19:24 #

she reminds me of an orange verion of rupaul! and girlfriend that aint a compliment.

another case of from fab to drab! what a way too ruin a perfectly good dress.

20. Laura September 27, 2010 at 19:56 #

Can I just say I’m happy Christina is showing how not all first-time moms get back to their pre-baby weight 1 month after their child is born? I think mommy curves are one of the most beautiful things out their.

This dress is the perfect dress to accentuate those curves, especially with the modifications made. I agree with everyone who said they loved it from the neck down. The hair and make-up just don’t work.

21. kimi September 27, 2010 at 20:53 #

I’m still quite iffy about this one. I agree with you about the hair and make up. But I’m still deciding if the dress looks good on her. I like it, but maybe that’s just it.

22. Letícia September 27, 2010 at 20:54 #

I thought it was Donatella when I first saw it. Jesus.

23. Moxie September 28, 2010 at 19:17 #

She looks like a young Dolly Parton.