26.09.10

Jil Sander Spring 2011

Jil Sander’s Spring 2011 collection is easily one of my favourite collections of the season.

From the colourful invitation I was expecting pops of colour, but I couldn’t have imagine so much colour with shocking pink, purple, magenta, coral, red, electric blue, green, yellow and orange.

Floral prints, bold vertical and horizontal stripes broke up the solid palette.

We were presented with bold shapes, oversizing, layering and maximizing to create a new silhouette.

Simple white tees were paired with floor-length skirts. Some were fitted, had peplums at the waist or were tulips shaped.

Pants ranged from fitted to oversized. A navy pair took up the whole width of the runway.

Structured coats, blazers, parkas, mini dresses, maxi dress, and skirts make up the rest of this beautiful collection.

Key accessories included shoppers and bags in a multitude of materials, patterns and colours randomly layered.

Sunglasses with coloured frames and mirrored lenses.

Pumps, slingbacks and sandals gave us a glimpse of fluorescent sole.

Favourites: Orange peplum skirt and white ensemble with watercolour print

Who I See Wearing This Collection: Tilda Swinton, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Liv Tyler, Lily Cole, Chloe Sevigny and Katie Holmes

Blumarine Spring 2011

Blumarine Spring 2011

Emilio Pucci Spring 2011

Emilio Pucci Spring 2011

8 Responses to Jil Sander Spring 2011

1. Z FASHION BLOG September 26, 2010 at 07:15 #

Loved every single exit at the Jil Sander show!

Amazing collection!!!

Floral prints and srtipes patterns never looked that good.

2. wilwarin September 26, 2010 at 07:57 #

really beautiful collection, i totally can see tilda in white and orange dress, and lily cole in white-floral dress (3rd picture).

• Fashion Critic September 26, 2010 at 08:18 #

This collection does need to be worn by very lanky girls. Can’t wait to see it on the red carpet

• mol September 26, 2010 at 14:55 #

It’s true, unless very tall, it would be easy to be swamped in these clothes, but still, it was my favorite collection to watch on the runway, the colors were stunning, the shapes mesmerizing…..

• Fashion Interlude September 27, 2010 at 20:52 #

Has anyone noticed that the white piece with the vivid splash of water colour print is the exact same silhouette as the black and white gowns from Victoria Beckham’s show? only this one looks more interesting, but its funny that she was on the same wavelength as a designer such as J.S.

3. mm September 26, 2010 at 11:07 #

Gorgeous collection . I am so happy bright bold colors will be on the scene for a while. Not many can wear this collection so I hope we get to see it on the red carpet done right!

4. Hannah September 26, 2010 at 22:22 #

I agree that this is one of my favourite collections so far. I lov ethe new fresh take on summer we so rarely see anymore. Tilda swinton would kill these clothes.

5. car dent repair February 4, 2012 at 23:30 #

I do agree with all of the concepts you have presented for your post. They’re really convincing and will definitely work. Nonetheless, the posts are very brief for newbies. May just you please extend them a little from next time? Thank you for the post.