26.09.10

Blumarine Spring 2011

Blumarine Spring 2011 presentation started off with models striking a pose at the top of the runway all wearing leopard print looks in pink, turquoise, orange and pistachio.

The uber glam feminine collection progressed to tighter and shorter looks which were expected and delighted many of the women in the front row wearing short tight Blumarine Fall 2010 dresses.

We saw mini-dresses, billowing caftans, tunics, cropped long sleeved tops and pants.

This may not be to everyone’s taste but I enjoyed this wild, colourful collection which presented exotic and sexy new looks.

Key accessories included fringed bags, an abundance of colourful enamel leopard print bracelets, gold rings, pendant necklaces, belts with gold rams heads and grommet strappy sandals and booties.

Favourites: The printed caftans

Who I See Wearing This Collection: Monica Cruz, Katy Perry and Fergie

Emporio Armani Spring 2011

Emporio Armani Spring 2011

Jil Sander Spring 2011

Jil Sander Spring 2011

10 Responses to Blumarine Spring 2011

1. Laura September 26, 2010 at 06:41 #

I didn’t mind the prints, though with Blumarine, they seem like a repeat of the same prints and colors. I didn’t like the prints used on short, tight dresses. To me, that spells the perfect look for a D-list reality whore or a Victoria’s Secret model.

I did enjoy some parts of the collection. The neutral minis were nice and should be able to help Blumarine on some stars as these would be great for an interview. Also, I enjoyed the printed pieces that were flowy and had movement to them.

Overall a so-so collection for me.

2. Z FASHION BLOG September 26, 2010 at 06:42 #

But do we want to see multicolour leopard print also next Summer?

I think we’ve had enough animal prints during the last two seasons.

3. wilwarin September 26, 2010 at 08:01 #

i’m not crazy about leopard print, i love it only in really small dozes, like leopard details, so for me this is horror vacui collection… all i can see leopard print bombing me so i really can’t see cut of the pieces, way too much leopard for my taste.

4. dressaddict September 26, 2010 at 08:18 #

Where is Blumarine I loved? This is not what I expected. It says old Cavalli all over the place :( And that isn’t good…

• Hannah September 26, 2010 at 22:28 #

I know. Fantasies of that same Natasha Poly ad campaign come rushing back. It just gets weake rand weaker. It is like old JLO, ( when she was Jenny from the Block). You can see it in the models faces, paricularly Magdalena (last on on the left) in the first picture, she is clearly thinking ‘when can I get out of this’.

5. june September 26, 2010 at 08:39 #

i can’t say i like any of this at all

6. mm September 26, 2010 at 11:08 #

Yikes

• Ally September 26, 2010 at 14:49 #

That was my exact response. Pastel leopard print is just not okay.

7. robbie September 26, 2010 at 17:51 #

just when i thought dolce and gabbana went too far with coloured leopard print, blumarine decide to do pastel leopard print. this just screams kardashians, jersey shore or basically any z-list celebrity.

8. V September 27, 2010 at 02:20 #

this kinda sorta looks like it was designed by kimora lee simmons and babyphat. i could see this in the teen section at macys.