25.09.10

Versace Spring 2011

Versace’s Spring 2011 presentation showcased the Versace Greek motif as the focus for the prints on both the dresses and bags.

Sleek summery silhouettes glided down the runway presenting many opposites: Short dresses with slits against long fringed gowns.

Fun flirty exotic colourful prints and striped dresses against plain sexy dresses.

As someone who worships the house of Versace I found this collection to be very chic, sleek and modern. It was totally refined without losing strength and the trademark Versace sex appeal.

Key accessories included bags in contrasting materials which were decorated with the Versace Greek motif.

The wrap around the ankle heels replaced the towering platforms.

Front Row: January Jones

Favourites: Red dress with plastic geometric detailing and turquoise fitted one-shoulder dress

Who I See Wearing This Collection: Blake Lively, January Jones, Angelina Jolie, Kate Beckinsale, Ciara, Elizabeth Hurley, Michelle Yeoh, Charlize Theron, Cheryl Cole and Tinsley Mortimer

Who Was Your Best Dressed Of The Week?

Who Was Your Best Dressed Of The Week?

January Jones Front Row @ Versace Spring 2011

January Jones Front Row @ Versace Spring 2011

18 Responses to Versace Spring 2011

1. CreoleLady September 25, 2010 at 08:20 #

I am just blown away. The colors. The details. The shoes. I love all of these looks but I am particularly enchanted by the first striped look (A-line!) and the third patterned look (shimmy done right).

2. Jarrold September 25, 2010 at 08:24 #

This show was amazing. I loved that it was sleek, cool, and kind of new for Versace without losing the trademark sexy the label is about. I am in love with the red dress too. I pray Angelina, Halle, or Charlize wearing that….DROOL

• Hannah September 25, 2010 at 12:49 #

Oh my goodness, Charlize wearing that red dress. I am literally salivating.

3. Dorian Gray September 25, 2010 at 10:19 #

I loved all the final gowns (as always) and the red, blue and black cocktail dresses. The shoes are just amazing (even if I miss the platforms). The only thing I don’t like at all is the model casting, there weren’t any big names.

• mol September 25, 2010 at 15:51 #

According to Cathy Horyn at On The Runway for the New York Times, Donatella used all the top models, the ones who could walk the best…….of course I wasn’t there, I only viewed the collection, which I love!!!!, on line.

• jen September 25, 2010 at 19:29 #

maybe cathy horyn doesnt know about anja rubik, lily donaldson, chanel iman, alana zimmer, sasha pivovarova & many more :P?

• mol September 25, 2010 at 20:37 #

I doubt that! She did say that Dontella “used all the top models” without naming specific names however……

• jen September 26, 2010 at 08:15 #

common dude, dont reley on anyone :), do some research urself, get to know who r the top models these days & then u’ll see

• mol September 26, 2010 at 11:37 #

Oh, ok dude, I’ll get right on that……

• jen September 25, 2010 at 16:00 #

there is always freja :)

• Hannah September 25, 2010 at 18:27 #

I can tell you who all of the girls are in the photo’s fc posted. I think they are big names, A lack of the older (no offence) models doesn’t mean they arent amazing.

4. jen September 25, 2010 at 11:44 #

absolutely great!
    & i know its not the obvious choice for versace clothing, but i cant help it, i see victoria beckham wearing every other dress from this collection. she is not a versace girl & i dont known is she ever even worn this brand, but fitted & pencil skirt dresses dominate this collection which is sooooo Posh :).

• Dorian Gray September 25, 2010 at 13:39 #

I remember she wore a blue short dress from SS 2008 and pink mary janes from FW 2008. Maybe she wore some Versace pieces during the Spice Girls era.

5. Ayesha September 25, 2010 at 13:06 #

fringes and colour!! what a similarity between versace and gucci this season.
    colour is most certainly bakc with a BANG!!!

• Fashion Critic September 25, 2010 at 17:27 #

And I’m loving it

6. edoardo September 25, 2010 at 13:23 #

I lvoe Versace show and the shoes…aamzing!!!

Also the mini dress…love them!

7. Ashley September 25, 2010 at 15:13 #

I could definitely see Leighton Meester wearing the first striped dress!

8. wilwarin September 26, 2010 at 08:38 #

i was so blown by this collection, colours, prints, cuts shoes everything was perfect… i’m in love, can’t wait to see pieces on red carpet.