25.09.10

January Jones Front Row @ Versace Spring 2011

January Jones was the first celebrity sighting at Milan Fashion Week.

If you weren’t sure before, I think this officially confirms January as the darling of the brand.

The ‘Mad Men’ actress wore a red halter Versace ensemble which incorporated both the fringing and geometric shapes from the Spring 2011 collection.

A high bouffant, bright red lips and white shoes completed her look.

Credit: Getty

Versace Spring 2011

Versace Spring 2011

Gianfranco Ferré Spring 2011

Gianfranco Ferré Spring 2011

22 Responses to January Jones Front Row @ Versace Spring 2011

1. Kimi September 25, 2010 at 09:19 #

The hair and the make up is atrocious! I like January for wearing daring pieces and stuff, but there is sometimes something off, usually shoes, hair, or something!

2. Dorian Gray September 25, 2010 at 10:08 #

LOVE HER! I think red could be her very best colour and Donatella knows how to make a blonde stand out! Did you attend the rainy party too, FC?

• Fashion Critic September 25, 2010 at 12:20 #

i didn’t

• Hannah September 25, 2010 at 12:45 #

I love her too. Evbery colour suits january (except purple as we learnt the hard way at the Met gala). Donatella always does a blonde justice!

3. Alicat September 25, 2010 at 10:41 #

The neckline is strange as is the bodice – very boxy. The waist is also too low and does not flatter her shape. I like the colour on her but the white shoes are hideous. To be honest, I didn’t recognise her!

4. jen September 25, 2010 at 12:03 #

i dont know what exactly is wrong with this look, but it looks off somehow. maybe its the hair?

• Naomi September 25, 2010 at 23:14 #

I think it’s her. She doesn’t make it work. Look at the other pics @ the link – She stands. She sits. She smiles. No posing, no drama. You can’t just wear this sort of dress. I think some attitude would’ve make it work.

5. michelle September 25, 2010 at 13:12 #

those white shoes…………….

• mm September 26, 2010 at 11:09 #

yes those white shoes….

6. bea September 25, 2010 at 15:38 #

I would have preferred it with her hair down but I still love the dress.

7. mol September 25, 2010 at 15:46 #

Well I like this – the hair and makeup make her strange and therefore more believable to me as a Versace ‘girl’. The red looks amazing on her and I like the white shoes too!

8. Camille September 25, 2010 at 15:48 #

The proportion is off. I think most would look at this and just sort of think something is a bit ‘off” w/out being able to put a finger on exactly what. I love the color on her and the design of the dress is good, but it is just hitting her in the wrong way. It could be the angle of the photo, but just seems to be hanging on her wrong, too low perhaps. And don’t even get me started on the shoes. I’m southern, nuf said.

9. Marvel September 25, 2010 at 17:33 #

Her hair almost ruins this look. Also I wish she wouldnt have been so predictable and matched her lips to her dress

10. Annel September 25, 2010 at 17:44 #

Wow, LOVE this look!

11. Victor September 25, 2010 at 17:49 #

those shoes KILLED the look!

12. n September 25, 2010 at 19:43 #

When I think of Versace, “cute” doesn’t come to mind, but “sexy” and “bold” define the brand. I think January didn’t represent or do the brand its justice, because the white accessories went for the mod, cute effect, but rather cheapened it. There’s a way to wear a designer’s collection from a different interpretation, but Olivia Palermo is one of the few people who can pull that off. January needs to let her hair down to buffer how the halter makes her neck boxy and and vamp up the hair for the sexyness factor that is Versace. I would’ve gone for gold accessories to liven up the red with strappy gold stilettos to make the boxy dress look effortless. I like how January takes risks with her fashion, but she sucks at wearing bold statement pieces (like her Emmy gown).

• Letícia September 25, 2010 at 23:27 #

YES! I completely agree! I cannot possibly understand what is it that people think is so great about her. As much as I wanna love the fact that she actually tried to wear something different and not boring, I could not possibly think of a more bland, boring person than her to carry those looks. Nothing against her personally, I’m just appalled by the fact that no personality or attitude shows! You NEED personality to wear a statement dress, or else it’ll wear you! In my eyes, she just continues to ruin perfect dresses, like the one she wore to the Emmys. I did not think it was possible to look that boring in such a gorgeous dress, but she proved me wrong. Argh!

13. Carmen September 25, 2010 at 19:56 #

I hate this look in so many levels…

14. mochababe73 September 25, 2010 at 20:25 #

I don’t really like it. Strapless may have looked better. I also think that if it were more fitted at the waistline that the garment wouldn’t look so square.

15. Ev September 26, 2010 at 06:46 #

I actually went back on posts about January, and the last her look that I was impressed with happened a year ago at 2009 Emmy’s (structured Atelier Versace). Since then there always was something off about her dress, or shoes, or hair.
    The main problem with this look for me is the lack of any attitude or posing. She just stands and the dress is hanging on her. This is not how you wear Versace.

16. wilwarin September 26, 2010 at 08:23 #

something is so off about this look and on many levels… 1at her hair it’s awful, second her make up, it looks like her face is painted mask, the dress is beautiful but for me it’s too strong colour and whole dress is too strong for her, she seems like she’s drowing in it… white shoes?! like really?

17. Fiona September 27, 2010 at 01:14 #

I don’t get January Jones and the hoopla. I think it is a similar situation to Leighton Meester, people fall in love with the clothes she wears as her character and then expect her to also look as stunning in real life. There are only a few that seem to manage that – SJP and Blake Lively spring to mind, the rest need help.