Vanidades 50th Anniversary Celebration – Claire Danes In Narciso Rodriguez

Leigh Lezark sits in the front row of New York fashion week to boost her profile, whereas stars like Claire Danes is there to shop.

The actress was front row at Narciso Rodriguez’ Spring 2011 presentation 2 weeks ago and it looks like this fresh off-the-runway dress caught her eye.

At the Vanidades 50th Anniversary Celebration in New York last night, Claire looked stunning wearing a black Narciso Rodriguez Spring 2011 dress with a sheer embroidered asymmetrical panel going across the waist.

This sheer detailed panel is also visible via the side split on her dress.

I know many of you find it hard to get excited about Claire, but do you agree that this is a great look for her?

Black strappy sandals and her gorgeous arm candy hubby Hugh Dancy completes her perfect look.

Glowing with gorgeousity.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

SK-II Event - Cate Blanchett In Louis Vuitton

SK-II Event – Cate Blanchett In Louis Vuitton

In Gemma Arterton's Closet - Balmain Tweed Military Jacket

In Gemma Arterton’s Closet – Balmain Tweed Military Jacket

35 Responses to Vanidades 50th Anniversary Celebration – Claire Danes In Narciso Rodriguez

1. Marvel September 24, 2010 at 13:18 #

Ive always loved her clean, non fussy looks which many others have hated. And I appreciate that she has switched it up and I do like this look. Plus despite it being a Spring dress, this dress could easily be part of the Fall Collection. Gorgeous as always

2. Li September 24, 2010 at 13:19 #

That dress is gorgeous and she has a rocking bod so she totally pulls it off! And I like that she not in one of the nude tones we’ve seen her in so often!

3. Fashiondoesntexist September 24, 2010 at 13:20 #

She looks slob…not sofisticated!!!

4. sonia September 24, 2010 at 13:28 #

In my opinion this look could work in Eva Mendes, in Claire looks plain and the length is a total mistake.

5. Alex September 24, 2010 at 13:51 #

I think she looks amazing. It’s not just another boring black dress, it”s a very interesting piece and Claire looks great in it.

6. Alicat September 24, 2010 at 13:54 #

On the runway, the dress has a lot of movement. On Claire Danes, it just hangs. The length is neither one thing nor the other, and looks better shorter as on the model. An ok look, but that’s all.

• Moxie September 24, 2010 at 16:45 #

In all fairness, the model is walking in the picture and Claire Danes is standing still.

• Alicat September 25, 2010 at 10:55 #

I appreciate that the model is walking so I will clarify what I meant a bit better!!! On the model, the dress skims her body just below the waist and over her hips. On Ms Danes, it is more like a tube and just hangs. Maybe it is too big for her, or her body shape is wrong for the dress.

7. fozaaa September 24, 2010 at 14:00 #

Model looks so fine in it but Claire’s middle part of a body looks radiculously longer than her legs. Maybe the see through panel should be higher or dress should be shorter?

• mol September 24, 2010 at 15:44 #

I agree – this dress makes her look super long through the torso….

• Fiona September 24, 2010 at 16:15 #

Agree completely. I appreciate Claire’s fashion choices and she nearly always dresses elegantly and with sophistication she doesn’t always dress for her body. She is very long in the body and short in the legs, so a dress like this highlights it and makes her look completely out of proportion and short to boot. It’s not enough to be slim enough for the fashions you still have to dress to flatter your proportions (now I sound like Gok!)

8. Kitty September 24, 2010 at 14:24 #

I think she is really overlooked and undervalued. She seems like a happy smiley person and I always think she looks great. Quite classic but you don’t always have to be cutting edge to look stunning!

9. omy September 24, 2010 at 14:25 #

the length cuts her off and makes her look shorter. either wear it mid-calf or longer past the ankles. hubby looks bored, haha!

10. mm September 24, 2010 at 14:56 #

I am loving her style over the past year. Every dress has something interesting about it but it is still Claire. I like the eye make up! I love how she is not o over accessorized. She looks gorgeous

11. mochababe73 September 24, 2010 at 15:00 #

The dress looks too big. I like it better on the model.

12. Rachel September 24, 2010 at 15:03 #

She looks good, but the lenght bothers me…:S

13. Luiza September 24, 2010 at 15:08 #

she’s too short for this lenght. The panel sits on her low waist (different from the model) so her legs look shorter.. it’s not flattering!

14. Arabian Fashionista September 24, 2010 at 15:45 #

I don’t really like the dress it just hangs on her there’s nothing interesting about it i actually prefer it on the model

15. Pati September 24, 2010 at 15:49 #

I too think that the lenght is rather unfortunate… her proportions are totally off…

16. dee September 24, 2010 at 15:50 #

For some reason she looks really short.

17. Rebecca September 24, 2010 at 15:57 #

I think she is lovely, but her torso is long and her legs are short, so the proportions of things have to be chosen very carefully for her to really look good in them. Fabulous dress on her when you see her from the waist up–the rest, not so much.

18. sara September 24, 2010 at 16:14 #

i’m not very excited about the dress, but she is sooo beatiful here: smoky eyes really suit her!!!she usually uses very insipid make up!

19. leigh September 24, 2010 at 16:29 #

the proportions are all wrong on danes, and i really hate the styling on her – middle aged blown out hair doesn’t work nearly as well as the model’s side part and straw like texture. plus claire’s shoes are horrible.

20. DC September 24, 2010 at 16:34 #

i love this…claire danes has scrubbed up well this year!

21. kit September 24, 2010 at 16:38 #

Yeah, I don’t like the runway length on her…surely she could have waited or taken the time to get it altered to fit her shorter frame before she wore it. It looks a little sloppy. I love the sheer panel though, great detail but the sandals are a disappointment.

22. Moxie September 24, 2010 at 16:46 #

I really like the dress, but there are a few things that bug. I would have preferred the shorter length, like the model. Also, I don’t like being able to see the sheer panel inside the split.

23. Nikki September 24, 2010 at 17:19 #

I think the dress is too big. The dress is just hanging on her body…and not skimming it like the way it does on the model. The length is just wrong and the sheer panel cuts her in the middle, making her look short.

24. Thomas September 24, 2010 at 17:38 #

Claire is on quite the roll here! She’s looking absolutely divine!

25. Chelsea September 24, 2010 at 18:20 #

Wow…I am blown away by how great she looks here! Claire always has quiet confidence on the red carpet and always looks beautiful. Case in point – hair is perfectly coiffed, makeup is perfect with the dress, she is fit and tan and pulls everything off. There are actually people comparing her with the runway model? Puh-lease.

26. Jeremy September 24, 2010 at 20:29 #

Why does she dress like a belly dancer?

27. Kathrin September 24, 2010 at 22:29 #

How could she buy this dress, when it was just on the runway…i am sure it was a present. I love Claire but it looks better on the model! xoxK

28. thebeautyphilosopher September 25, 2010 at 07:29 #

I am very excited about Claire’s style ascent. All of a sudden she is looking glowy and confident and wearing her clothes with grace and joy. She used to look really uncomfortable on the red carpet but something has definitely changed.

29. Emi September 25, 2010 at 15:14 #

I like this look, maybe the dress is a little bit too large. I think she’s classy and I agree with Kitty about her style. Not everybody wants to be cutting edge, she just dresses herself and she does it very well; the shoes are too simple, maybe. Her hubby is a beautiful “accessory” which I envy!

30. Oslan Osorio September 27, 2010 at 17:12 #