24.09.10

The Brazil Foundation’s 8th Annual Gala – Gisele Bundchen In Calvin Klein

Gisele Bundchen attended the Brazil Foundation Annual Gala Benefit at The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City last night.

The supermodel wore a custom burgundy Calvin Klein beaded halter dress.

Her gown is outstanding, Mr. Costa should take a bow.

It’s so refreshing to not see Gisele wearing another Herve Leger dress.

Gisele looks really good in this dress, but that’s her job, so excuse me if I don’t jump up and down about this.

The great thing is Gisele’s dress was auctioned off raising $50,000. All of the proceeds will go to support the Brazil Foundation.

Credit: 2010 Patrick McMullan

Padres El Contra Cancer’s 25th Anniversary Gala – Eva Longoria In Gustavo Cadile

Moschino Spring 2011

Moschino Spring 2011

22 Responses to The Brazil Foundation’s 8th Annual Gala – Gisele Bundchen In Calvin Klein

1. Moxie September 24, 2010 at 23:26 #

Beautiful!

2. Grace September 24, 2010 at 23:39 #

I’m sorry, and I’m sure this will get me blocked, but you would be jumping up and down if this was a black woman. Kerry Washington, Zoe Saldana, Iman, all always get reverent “they can do no wrong” reviews from you. While these women are certainly stylish, I feel that you often, perhaps subconciously, favor them.

I mean no disrespect. I love this blog. I’ve been following you for years and will definitely continue to do so.

• Fashion Critic September 24, 2010 at 23:57 #

Sorry but I find your comments about race to be ridiculous and totally irrelevant.

This is a fashion blog, not a blog about race and I really hate it when people bring race into fashion.

It attitudes like this that segregate people and i find it to be so unnecessary.

Like I said Gisele is a SUPERMODEL, when doesn’t she look drop dead gorgeous???

If I’m biased against anyone its Cate Blanchett. She can do no wrong in my eyes and the last time I checked she wasn’t black.

Your assessment is way off track and i think you know it. This comment was clearly only written to cause controversy

• Tania September 25, 2010 at 00:35 #

I am black and find your comment offensive. So what if she does favor Kerry, Zoe and Iman because they are stylish and black ( I know you don’t FC) you said you have been following the blog for many years and will continue to do so why make the comment? I agree with FC you said that to cause controversy!

• Hannah September 25, 2010 at 12:59 #

I am white and found the comment offensive. They always look amazing, regardless of skin colour. Cate Balnchett inculded.

3. mol September 24, 2010 at 23:53 #

It may be her job, but she looks beyond good……more like spectacular!

• Shruti September 25, 2010 at 00:59 #

Totally agree. The fact that she’s a model should in no way take away from the fact that she looks stunning. A lot of supermodels have had fashion disasters on the red carpet. She looks gorgeous.

4. vicky September 25, 2010 at 00:38 #

I feel the same as you FC, she looks great but it’s kind of boring at the same time. The pattern with the cut outs on the back reminds me of the Versace gown she wore to the Met a few years ago..

5. Elly September 25, 2010 at 01:39 #

She does look gorgeous… but..I think the neckline is a little too high over the bust, and an unflattering style (perhaps better for the smaller bust) stops this look from being amazing.

6. mari September 25, 2010 at 02:12 #

She looks pretty ina gown with a difficult color. She’s a supermodel, so?
    Miranda I don’t remember her last name, Bloom? looks great even on the sidewalk, very stylish, and she gets praised, Kate Moss has received good comments too, she’s a queen. Giselle is low key on she sidewalk, and gets prettied up for these events. Her looks, while showcasing her trademark body, gets this. Nor really complaining, but …
    I did not get why putting her up and then down…

Respect FC.
    Have a great weekend. Greetings from The Tropics.

• Fashion Critic September 25, 2010 at 06:50 #

I said I liked the her in the dress.

I never put her down. I merely said I’m not going crazy about it. What is wrong with that?

7. KENDRA September 25, 2010 at 02:34 #

I think she looks horrible

• Michelle September 25, 2010 at 16:28 #

are you serious?

8. ivnna September 25, 2010 at 06:07 #

Gisele esteve belissima neste vestido e vc foi muito feliz ao postar a composiçao.

9. Jackie September 25, 2010 at 06:20 #

I’m not jumping up and down either, but she does look good! Nothing special though… we always get the body-con stuff. Something with more detail would be nice. She has a nice body and she should show it off but you can do that without wearing Herve Leger or these same-style dresses.

10. Fiona September 25, 2010 at 07:11 #

I first saw her photographed front on and it looked like an Olympic swimsuit on the top, too plain and functional looking. However, having seen it from the back as well now it has grown on me, of course Gisele wears it magnificently as one would expect, although it is even more amazing as she had a baby only a few months ago – she is obviously made of something different than me! I like the colour perhaps a softer hairstyle might have saved her from looking like an athlete.

11. Rashmi September 25, 2010 at 08:44 #

On first look.. I thought it was Sharapova!!

12. michelle September 25, 2010 at 13:08 #

she looks great and the dress is great, but im not over excited by her in it either. *kanyeshrug*

13. Marvel September 25, 2010 at 17:40 #

She looks great but TBH its nothing we havent seen her do before.

14. mochababe73 September 25, 2010 at 20:33 #

She’s just going the way of Heidi Klum. She knows what works for her body and sticks to it.
    The dress is okay. I’m not crazy about the color.
    Of course, I am not a fan of Gisele. Some of words that come out of her mouth just make my skin crawl. So, my comments can be taken with a grain of salt.

15. Thaysa September 25, 2010 at 20:56 #

she is gorgeous, but this dress is not my favorite on her…
    But, i love Gisele, because i’m a brazilian girl too, and she always looks amazing for me

16. Nancy September 26, 2010 at 02:57 #

Its so ridiculous to bring race into scene. and how dumb!!! I am with FC on this. This is nothing new or fashion forward. Gisele is a model and her only job is to be fashionable. If its not extraordinary even I wont be too excited. In the first place I did not like this dress at all. It just shows off her curvy figure..thats all.