Gemma Arterton. Please take notes.

This is how you do something a bit different on the red carpet without looking like a clown.

Julianne Moore attended the “Iconoclasts” TV Series Season 5 Launch Party in New York this week wearing a Dries Van Noten Fall 2010 ensemble.

No bells, no whistles, no gold embossed buttons. Just a simple black blazer, green jodhpur pants with buckle details and some fabulous Givenchy heels.

Her style statement is quietly and effectively made.

Credit: Style.com & Rex

Katy Perry In Bottega Veneta - ‘Kinky Boots’ Broadway Play

Katy Perry In Bottega Veneta – ‘Kinky Boots’ Broadway Play

Padres El Contra Cancer’s 25th Anniversary Gala – Eva Longoria In Gustavo Cadile

18 Responses to “Iconoclasts” TV Series Season 5 Launch Party – Julianne Moore In Dries Van Noten

1. gossip_bangkok September 24, 2010 at 17:06 #

I love this casual look

2. Nikki September 24, 2010 at 17:13 #

I don’t like this look at all. First, the color. Redheads don’t look good in black. She looks washed out. Second, I wish she had worn a more structured top, something similar to the runway to balance the slouchy pants. It’s…quite a mess. She looks like she just got out of bed and just grabbed the first thing she saw in her closet. She could do better.

3. dee September 24, 2010 at 17:31 #

She looks okay. I would like this better if the clothes were more fitted like how it is on the model.

4. Vera September 24, 2010 at 17:50 #

The sandals are by Givenchy

• Fashion Critic September 24, 2010 at 19:15 #

Thanks will update when I get back to the hotel

5. Hannah September 24, 2010 at 17:54 #

I LOVE Julianne Moore, and ILOVE dries van Noten even more. She doesn’t pullitoff quite as well as asia, but, it is just SO refreshing.

6. mol September 24, 2010 at 18:02 #

I prefer the runway version with the shorter jacket and longer pant…..i do love her shoes though.

7. Lee Ann September 24, 2010 at 18:11 #

You know how much I adore Dries. But these trousers are awful. They don’ t look good on anyone. And they don’t work with the top she is wearing. I actualy do think she looks like a fashion victim which to me is akin to being a clown.

• Fashion Critic September 24, 2010 at 19:12 #

I love them :)

• Lee Ann September 24, 2010 at 19:46 #

Have you tried them on? They really aren ‘t flattering on most people. I think you are probably one of the only people who could pull them off.

8. Gretta September 24, 2010 at 18:38 #

I don’t agree that black doesn’t suit redheads. I think it sets off the colour. Anyway I love this outfit. I think she looks very cool in a nonchalant sort of way. Shoes are amazing.

• alexa September 28, 2010 at 13:26 #

I agree. Her nonchalance makes it all work. Great style.

9. N September 24, 2010 at 18:47 #

I love the look, but have a closer look at those pants, they look dirty (left thigh)

10. mm September 24, 2010 at 18:48 #

I love the entire look just not on Julia. She seems to wear the Kool clothes but i am always like why is she wearing that, Maybe it is her personality but IDK

11. maria September 24, 2010 at 19:31 #

Julianne Moore and Cate Blanchett can do no wrong!! LOVE!

12. Marvel September 24, 2010 at 22:22 #

LOVE it.

I think these are heels that no one will be complaining about

13. Emi September 25, 2010 at 15:06 #

Julianne Moore is a very classy woman, she can wear almost everything and she pulled it off but I really really hate jodhpur pants, I bought a pair in 2003 when it wasn’t a trend yet and every man I knew told me that I looked so bad. Never worn them again.

14. mochababe73 September 25, 2010 at 20:39 #

She should have worn a fitted topper like the runway version. With the pants being so busy, the shoes are a bit much and very distracting. And, I wish that she had done something else with her hair.