22.09.10

Gucci Spring 2011

The Gucci Spring 2011 presentation kicked off my Milan Fashion Week.

Frida Giannini gave us sophisticated elegance with a 70s vibe and a Mediterranean allure.

We were charmed with colour-blocking purple, green and orange for the opening part of the presentation.

Then more neutral colours were presented followed by bold black pieces and colourful evening looks.

Masculine jackets, high-waisted tulip skirts, harem pants, jumpsuits, and cocktail dresses were presented.

You sensed the exotic nature of this collection from the coloured features and the detailing on the evening dresses.

The new “Snaffle Bit Bag” with a snap-style closure was one of the key accessories along with oversized bags, sandals with python detailing and high metallic heel, caged booties, sunglasses and obi-style belts.

Tassels seemed to be everywhere. Not just the clothes, but the bags and footwear too.

Favourites: Turquoise feathered halter cocktail dress and tan leather vest with harem-style shorts

Who I See Wearing This Collection: Halle Berry, Jessica Alba, Sarah Jessica Parker, Diane Kruger, Zoe Saldana, Kerry Washington, Eva Mendes, Cameron Diaz, Charlize Theron, Rachel Weisz and Thandie Newton

Credit: Style.it

Robert Pattinson In Gucci - 'The Rover' Photocall & Screening

Robert Pattinson In Gucci – ‘The Rover’ Photocall & Screening

Fendi Spring 2011

Fendi Spring 2011

7 Responses to Gucci Spring 2011

1. sara September 23, 2010 at 00:16 #

lookin at the photos i wouldn’t think about gucci….at last frida has made changes!!!she was very stagnant…however, the collection seem not have a defining line: the five photos you’ve posted first seem from different runways!
    the bag is wonderful!

2. Alice September 23, 2010 at 03:48 #

UNDERWHELMED.

3. Z Fashion Blog September 23, 2010 at 08:38 #

Great collection!

The first part was amazing, very “Tom Fordish”.
    The rest was more “Frida Glam” which I’m not so fond of.

The gold python and croc clutches were AMAZING!

4. Danie September 23, 2010 at 08:55 #

LOVE the teal ruffle cocktail dress! And the first outfit! I love the colors.

5. Hannah September 23, 2010 at 17:57 #

A very hti and miss collection forme. I adored the blue halter feather dress, and various otherpieces, but the last dress natasha Poly wore made even her look fat. I also felt the collection was slightly messy and the colour pallette was not focused enough. I am sure though that it will look great on the redcarpet. I have prefered the last spring summer collection, but Frida is making clear progress. Also the collection seemed quite morrocan inspired to me.

6. Lee Ann September 23, 2010 at 18:53 #

Very underwelmed. Seems like 4 different collections in one. A bit of Ysl a bit moroccan tourist-all a bit off

7. Nathalie19 October 15, 2010 at 11:17 #

My favourite collection this time! Amazing!!! I loved each and only set!!!