“Eat Pray Love” London Premiere – Julia Roberts In Stella McCartney

Julia Roberts attended the London Premiere of “Eat Pray Love” tonight.

She was giving us her now familiar pose of standing with her hands clasped in front her, whilst wearing a Stella McCartney white suit.

Her white suit was paired with a nude blouse and red pumps.

Stella makes some great suits, but the pants are way loose fitting for my liking.

I’m not sure if the intention was to give a more slimming effect, but for me it does the opposite.

White, nude and red?

Is this colour combination working for you?

Credit: Getty

Emilia Fox In Temperley London - The Radio Academy Awards

Emilia Fox In Temperley London – The Radio Academy Awards

Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps” New York Premiere – Krysten Ritter In Zac Posen

28 Responses to “Eat Pray Love” London Premiere – Julia Roberts In Stella McCartney

1. Gigi September 22, 2010 at 21:38 #

I am repeating myself, but, I think I was right.. She is dressing to hide a larger body than she had in her 20′s… and trying to hide her pooch. Also, I repeat, a haircut would be great…. Not crazy about the suit…

• Linda September 22, 2010 at 21:52 #

You’re so right. Thing is, though, she still has a lovely figure so why the big clothes to hide it? It must be hard to be a star and gain weight, though, I guess. A haircut would be great too.

• Clover September 23, 2010 at 03:42 #

I agree – she’s an absolutely gorgeous woman but she looks so uncomfortable that it’s taking away from how gorgeous she is.

2. Tania September 22, 2010 at 21:40 #

Noooooo! The colour combination should work but it’s not working on her and the trousers are too big!

3. mm September 22, 2010 at 21:41 #

The color combo is okay, Not loving the pants on her either. But i cant get that “she is in mourning” comment one of the readers said this week, out of my head. I just dont like that pose. Hair and Makeup are gorgeous

• Vidhya September 23, 2010 at 04:35 #

lol… that was me and this time.. i cant say mourning but surely the “do i look pregnant enuf applies .. :) the girl at the back is working it tho .. :D

• mm September 23, 2010 at 13:02 #

LOL, You have messed my head up again, “pregnant enuf” Oh no. LOL. When will say that Julia is “workin it”??

4. moja31 September 22, 2010 at 21:43 #

in theory i like the idea, but the execution is horrific. the pants are the worst part of a very bad look.

5. Hannah September 22, 2010 at 21:45 #

I have got ot say I am loving th effort she seems to be putting in, but that stylist needs to be fired. Shhe has lost her comfort and elegance(I really long for the oscar-winning moment and the vintage Valentino to come back). The colour combo doesn’t work for me, the stance is too pious for me. I know the movie is calle deat pray love, but come on! I should see that in the movie not on the red carpet.

6. SarahV September 22, 2010 at 21:53 #

Ew :(

7. dee September 22, 2010 at 21:59 #

she looks blah.

8. Donna September 22, 2010 at 22:07 #

She looks huge and the color is doing nothing for her. Agree that a haircut would do wonders.

9. Ala September 22, 2010 at 22:09 #

What I least like about this look is the vest underneath the jacket, and the unflattering v-shape it tapers to. I think if the vest was gone and the jacket and pants were shortened, the look would be a lot more polished and classic.

I’m not fond of the platform color on the red heel, and I would have matched the lip color to the shoe – overall the color combo is okay. I’m just… so distracted by that vest!

10. Marvel September 22, 2010 at 23:18 #

I would expect Betty White to wear this, not Julia Roberts.

11. Giuseppi September 22, 2010 at 23:37 #

I like it. I think the look is soft and feminine and i think the color combo is good too.

12. Ev September 22, 2010 at 23:46 #

Color combination is ok (even great, I dare say). But the pants look like they’re 4 sizes bigger than needed. I also don’t feel the need of a vest for this look. But I am happy Julia has found a new color – white. Yay!

13. Bee September 23, 2010 at 00:03 #

Please do a post on Ozwald Boateng, his show was absolutely AMAZING and totally overshadowed poor Julia (although in that outfit its not hard).
    Thanks!!

14. Rachie September 23, 2010 at 01:02 #

I’ve been wearing the color combo, (red in the belt :) ) but it has to be very well done and for me it doesn’t work here…she looks strange. Maybe without the vest, with shorter and fitted trousers and some delicate shoes (even if red) it would’ve been better and worked!

15. kim September 23, 2010 at 06:01 #

i don’t understand.All those beautiful clothes out there, and then this….
    I feel very dissapointed. If stella thinks this is fashion and elegant, then she serious needs to take off her moonboots and come back to earth. Julia looks like a clown.
    white, nude and red……unbelievable

16. Zamri A. September 23, 2010 at 07:09 #

I think Julia should wear a Prada or Louis Vuitton for FW10/11, coz people are now into the ‘Mad Men’ trends. And she got great curves, so why hide it?

17. kiwi September 23, 2010 at 08:27 #

Huh??? I am lost for words.. this is horrific!

18. Z Fashion Blog September 23, 2010 at 09:06 #

What an ugly outfit!

Where does she think she’s going dressed like this?!

I thought she went back to her mini black dresses tradition (after Paris) and was kinda happy about it..

19. Pati September 23, 2010 at 09:17 #

I like her hair, make-up and the nude blouse. But the suit is horrific!!! What was her stylist thinking?? And it´s such a shame, because I think Julia herself is absolutely gorgeous!

20. Emi September 23, 2010 at 09:35 #

I think the colours work together but the pants and the jacket seem to be one size bigger… This outfit doesn’t even seem Stella McCartney, which i really like.

21. Li September 23, 2010 at 11:20 #

I don’t mind the colors and the hair – and her make up is really nice – but the outfit looks waaaaaaaayyyy to big for her! Will the real Julia please stand up? – cause this is not her!

@ FC: I really wanted to see what you’d have to say to her black mini outfit!

• Pati September 23, 2010 at 14:42 #

Me too, as I much preferred the black mini look!! She finally showed off those long legs and wore something that didn´t age her!!! I didn´t even mind it was black again… Had this white look been paired with a nice mini I think I would like it too…

22. Sara B. September 23, 2010 at 21:22 #

John Travolta wore this in Saturday Night Fever, but his trousers fit better. This outfit looks dated, matronly, and much too big, and Julia looks awkward and ill at ease.

23. hally September 25, 2010 at 09:07 #

is she pregnant? seriously, because she’s been dressing like she is for awhile now…..