20.09.10 Premiere

“Eat Pray Love” Paris Premiere – Julia Roberts In Lanvin

Julia Roberts looked beautiful on the red carpet at the “Eat Pray Love” Paris Premiere.

Ya’ll weren’t to happy about her Dolce & Gabbana dress, but I’m sure you’ll agree her petrol blue Lanvin draped dress is a huge improvement.

She looks 20 years younger than she did previously.

I love the accessories here. I can tell she really made a huge effort here.

The only stitch of black comes via her belt, because she wore Lanvin snake-skin pumps.

Do you see this as an improvement?

Credit: Newscom

Emilia Fox In Temperley London - The Radio Academy Awards

Emilia Fox In Temperley London – The Radio Academy Awards

"The Town" London Premiere - Rebecca Hall in Vionnet

“The Town” London Premiere – Rebecca Hall in Vionnet

26 Responses to “Eat Pray Love” Paris Premiere – Julia Roberts In Lanvin

1. SarahV September 20, 2010 at 12:56 #

Yes, I like it! She looks chic here.
    Only comment is that her shoes look a bit heavy…

2. Ayesha September 20, 2010 at 12:59 #

definitely!!
    julia looks great.

3. Parvati September 20, 2010 at 13:02 #

It definitely is an improvement, compared to her previous all-black looks, but still, I find this look a bit boring.

4. Moxie September 20, 2010 at 13:02 #

Well… it’s an improvement over the last one, but this dress isn’t really very flattering on her. Too big in the chest. Also, maybe it the way she’s posed or maybe it is the dress itself, but her chest looks lopsided, which is not a look a middle-aged woman should go for. I like the shoes.

5. Alicat September 20, 2010 at 13:06 #

Stunning. The dress drapes beautifully and flatters her figure. Perfect hair and make-up. Is this the same woman as before?

6. nicky September 20, 2010 at 13:15 #

she looks reallyyy good. a definite improvement. she pulls off this lanvin dress and the colour is gorgeous. i do think she looked a bit uncomfortable though as she kept putting her hands in front of the dress in most photos!

7. Naomi September 20, 2010 at 13:59 #

I like this look. This is a really good color on her, and the accessories add a lot to it.

8. Tania September 20, 2010 at 14:01 #

Yes an improvement, she must of read all our comments from what she wore previously!

• Fashion Critic September 20, 2010 at 14:03 #

I think so too ;)

9. molly September 20, 2010 at 14:43 #

Gorgeous. You wouldn’t think she’d be able (or want ) to pull this off, and she does. It’s a great color for her, and you are spot-on correct that it takes 20 years off relative to that black lace grandma number.

10. dee September 20, 2010 at 14:45 #

This is more like it. What an improvement. I really like her outfit.

11. Jones19 September 20, 2010 at 14:48 #

It’s definitely an improvement but I wish it were a little more fitted on top.

12. Anissa September 20, 2010 at 15:08 #

It’s very much an improvement but I still think the top and sleeves are a little bit ill fitting (not tight enough or loose enough oddly). Let’s hope she keeps trying. Maybe a nice bright color pop?

13. mol September 20, 2010 at 15:10 #

A huge improvement.

14. Gigi September 20, 2010 at 15:11 #

Dare I say that I think Julia is at the age where a hair cut might help her look? She is not 25 any more… so go for it, Julia! We all have to face facts some day!! I think she may be trying to hid her little middle-aged pooch in these photos. Been there. Done that.

15. Shruti September 20, 2010 at 17:09 #

She looks lovely. The dress suits her current body type. A very modern, well-accessorised, well-carried look. She’s a beautiful woman and it’s good to see her clothes enhancing her beauty rather than taking away from it.

16. Hannah September 20, 2010 at 18:01 #

SUCH an improvement. Lanvin really seems suited ot her, so I always wondered why she didn’t wear it before. I really hope this isn’t a one off. I have my hopes up now.

17. Idealist September 20, 2010 at 19:34 #

This look isn’t the GREATEST but seeing as tho its julia this is def a step…

18. Marvel September 20, 2010 at 19:48 #

Her best look from this promotional tour. Is holding you hands like that the new ‘hand on hip’??

19. mari September 20, 2010 at 19:48 #

Is this dress similar to the one worn by JLo, Catherine Deneuve, and others but in full lenght and grey/black tones? (FC, I think you made a small poll to see who hlooked better in it) I’m in a hurry so I could not check it out, maybe later.
    Love the color, the dress is beautiful. Do not love it on Julia, somehow.

• Fashion Critic September 20, 2010 at 20:03 #

yes you’re right. it’s similar but the shorter version

20. sonia September 20, 2010 at 23:41 #

hey FC has you seen her look in the San Sebastian festival? non interesting black..except fot the skirt God I think is shorter than the one in Pretty Woman! nice legs for sure!

• Fashion Critic September 21, 2010 at 08:19 #

Not yet but I can already picture it from your description lol

21. mochababe73 September 21, 2010 at 03:57 #

Compared to her usual looks, I think that she looks nice.
    It’s amazing that someone as vibrant and pretty as Julia wears such dull colors.

22. Lalitha September 21, 2010 at 07:45 #

She looks lovely! Love the draping detail of the dress and THIS look (vs the Dolce & Gabbana dress) is so much better for her!!!

23. Annel September 21, 2010 at 12:03 #