“Devil” LA Premiere – Christina Hendricks In Carolina Herrera

Christina Hendricks was front row at the Carolina Herrera Spring 2011 show during New York Fashion Week.

With that in mind we shouldn’t be surprised to see her a few days later arriving at the “Devil” LA premiere wearing a dress from Carolina Herrera’s Pre-Fall 2010 collection.

As much as I love prints, this dress is way too busy for Christina and it’s not working with her colouring.

The dress does nothing for her fabulous figure, but at least the twins aren’t spilling out.

What do you think?

Credit: Style.com & Rex

2010 Toronto Film Festival “Tamara Drewe” Premiere – Gemma Arterton In Lanvin

2010 Toronto Film Festival “Tamara Drewe” Premiere – Gemma Arterton In Lanvin

Antonio Berardi Spring 2011

Antonio Berardi Spring 2011

37 Responses to “Devil” LA Premiere – Christina Hendricks In Carolina Herrera

1. Hannah September 20, 2010 at 19:14 #

I actually hav eot dsiagree, it is a completely new and different look for Christina. It may be slightly too busy, and there are better colours for her butI like that it isn’t showy, as she is there to support her husband, and I think thisdress is not too extravagant, but perfect to do so.

• Mercedes September 20, 2010 at 21:31 #

i completely agree with you! it’s refreshing to see Christina is a dress that’s not hugging every asset of hers. and to complete the look her hair and makeup were just right for the dress. she gets my vote on this one!

2. Vidhya September 20, 2010 at 19:18 #

The dress would have worked as a shorter version, probably? .. but i had the same thot.. atleast her twins arent spilling out..

• Ally September 20, 2010 at 20:30 #

Exactly what I was going to say. I think the top is flattering on her, but the skirt is the wrong length. Cut it to cocktail and it would look so much better.

3. Dorian Gray September 20, 2010 at 19:34 #

Her twins are ok and I think all the look is not so bad. I prefer her in more fitten dresses but I appreciate who change her own style sometimes.

4. Jasmine September 20, 2010 at 19:34 #

doesn’t work. looks like she pulled down a shower curtain and wrapped it around her :(

5. Marvel September 20, 2010 at 19:42 #

I actually disagree. The print is amazing, im thankful for the new silhouette and I love the colouring with her red hair. Great look for her!

• Jarrold September 20, 2010 at 20:53 #

i TOTALLY AGREE. Loving this new direction from her.

6. Tania September 20, 2010 at 19:47 #

Unflattering especially round the hip area!

7. Naomi September 20, 2010 at 19:51 #

I like it. I think the colors are working for her and it’s a pretty refreshing choice on her side.
    The only problem is with the length. A busy print and a maxi is a hard combination to pull off.

8. Karis September 20, 2010 at 20:01 #

I wouldn’t say it was awful. Maybe it would be better shorter and a bit more fitted? Not her best, not her worst.

• Ev September 20, 2010 at 20:06 #

I agree.

9. mol September 20, 2010 at 20:38 #

I agree with all those who say a shorter dress would have worked.

10. ~**juDee**~ September 20, 2010 at 20:47 #

Honestly. the first thing i said was “mmmmm” because my mouth was full of food lol. I think she looks wonderfully spectacular. I think its because of two things I’m in love with: 1)splashes upon splashes of colour and 2) Christina Hendricks! *lady cruush*!

Btw, FC, congratulations on all your success! I’ve no doubt in my mind that you deserve it! whoop whoop

• Fashion Critic September 20, 2010 at 21:20 #

Thanks. I really loving Fashion

Week and all the festivals

11. Lee Ann September 20, 2010 at 21:00 #

It is very much not a look I am drawn too but I actually like it on her maybe because for once I can see her as an entity instead of boobs on legs

12. fozaaa September 20, 2010 at 21:05 #

Her hair look great. I like it, not love it but still it is nicely efortless.

13. Shruti September 20, 2010 at 21:15 #

Her hair is just lovely. The dress in it’s current form isn’t for her but she looks comfy.

14. iona September 20, 2010 at 22:13 #

i actually disagree. i think she looks amazing.

15. Brooke September 20, 2010 at 23:19 #

She just can’t get it right, can she? One would think that if she were going to an event to support her husband she might dress in order to NOT draw attention to herself. Another disappointment from a lady who could look so terrific with minimal help. Sigh.

16. Kim September 20, 2010 at 23:28 #

Hate to disagree but I love this so much! These wrap dresses are made for us curvy girls. I think she pulls off the length as well because she’s so tall, and the pattern picks up the colour of her hair.

• Leti September 21, 2010 at 00:23 #

I completely agree! I don’t have any problems with the length. I think that had she shortened this dress, it would have looked a little too casual for the event and more like a sun dress.

17. Camille September 20, 2010 at 23:36 #

I would have loved this shorter (not too short) with some killer shoes to set if off. I actually like the print on her and think it is pretty w/her coloring. Just too long.

18. J September 21, 2010 at 01:28 #

I think she looks amazing. It’s classy, it’s fun, it’s unexpected. I completely disagree with those who think it does nothing for her figure or colouring. You should definetely take a second look.

19. GGG September 21, 2010 at 02:06 #

I disagree! I think she looks lovely and fresh. The primary colors of the print look crisp against her hair and peaches and cream skin tone. She looks fabulous!

20. asherlev September 21, 2010 at 02:23 #

I loveee this…so much more than almost everything else she’s ever worn. Honestly, I do.

I like the coloring, and I like the way it goes against her hair. This is the kind of stuff I wish she would wear all the time.

(Lol, either that or she could just start dressing like Joan on the red carpet.)

21. Jen September 21, 2010 at 03:34 #

I, too, disagree. I think she looks great.

22. mochababe73 September 21, 2010 at 03:46 #

I love the dress, but I am on the fence about whether I like it on her.
    A previous poster said that if the dress were shorter that it would be better. I agree. A knee length would not be as busy.

23. Sally September 21, 2010 at 04:16 #

I think she looks perfectly fine. Sometimes it’s nice to see more than just breasts.

24. Lola September 21, 2010 at 04:24 #

Totally in love with this dress on Christina. I actually believe that this gives her a beautiful vintage silhouette and though the patterns are a bit busy, I find it fluid and very pretty.

25. june September 21, 2010 at 06:15 #

i really love this on her, actually. though i do think a belt to break up all that pattern would have have helped

26. Rach September 21, 2010 at 06:18 #

For once, I’m going to disagree with you FC – I think Christina looks really lovely. It’s nice to see her looking pretty rather than out-and-out sexy and I think the print looks gorgeous on her. I agree with others that a modified shorter version would have looked even better!

27. Bec September 21, 2010 at 10:52 #

I actually really like the look – I think it’s fabulous and the top of the dress is really flattering on her bust.

28. Parvati September 21, 2010 at 12:48 #

I actually like this look on her!

29. currygirl September 21, 2010 at 18:35 #

I think she looks good, too! I love how the colors play off her bright and shiny hair. And it’s nice to see her in different shapes where the focus isn’t on her boobs.

30. Lou September 21, 2010 at 19:53 #

Gorgeous dress and gorgeous Christina… but not good together. It is way too busy and the length hides her curves making her look more top heavy. I’m very top heavy myself (32J people!) and long floaty numbers have the same impact on me. It is a lovely dress though and I like that she chose it.

31. kiwi September 22, 2010 at 09:53 #

Too busy.. too much.. since I don’t know who she is.. am judging her purely on the basis of the styling.. may be different compared to hersexy look but it ain’t working well