20.09.10

Christopher Kane Spring 2011

Despite our dreary weather we sure know how to do colour in London.

Whilst New York Fashion Week gave us lots of nude and neutrals, London is bold and colourful.

Christopher Kane’s Spring 2011 presented a fun collection of neon colours of yellow, orange, pink and green.

He mixed simple silhouettes with futuristic colours and bold prints.

Soft lace, jersey prints, laser cut leather and argyle tops were presented with signature ‘sexy as hell’ Giuseppe Zanotti heels with the same neon colour palette.

If anyone pairs these pieces with black pumps I’m going to lose my mind.

Yet again this is one of my favourites of the season.

Front Row: Yasmin le Bon, Anna Wintour, Carine Roitfeld and Julia Restoin-Roitfeld

Favourites: the neon yellow lace dress and the pink dress withe the embroidered details

Who do I see wearing this collection: Leighton Meester, Julia Restoin-Roitfeld, Rihanna, Jamie Winstone, Emma Watson, Daisy Low

Runway To LAX - Katy Perry In Philosophy

Runway To LAX – Katy Perry In Philosophy

In Gemma Arterton’s Closet – Lanvin Jumpsuit

In Gemma Arterton’s Closet – Lanvin Jumpsuit

10 Responses to Christopher Kane Spring 2011

1. Z Fashion Blog September 20, 2010 at 17:30 #

Even though I’m a colour lover, I wasn’t so keen on this collection.

I liked very few pieces like the same colour ensembles and that’s it.

2. mm September 20, 2010 at 17:38 #

there is nothing boring showing in london. Love the long sleeve dress with graphic print and neon green.
    Not loving the argyle tops.

• Fashion Critic September 20, 2010 at 18:00 #

argyle…thanks couldn’t remember the proper name

3. Lara September 20, 2010 at 17:38 #

Now LFW is so much more interesting than it was a couple of years ago (before Westvood, Williamson and Burberry return) , even more interesting than NY for me
    Love Erdem, Kane, Nicoll and Pilotto ‘s collections

4. Hannah September 20, 2010 at 17:54 #

I don’t like this collection too much. It is such a pity, as I feel he has great potential, but I think his strength lies in his resort and prefall collections, as well as hsi work for versus. I think given time Kan ewill be one of the strongest designers out there, but there is too little coherence form collection to collection for me. I am sure that this collection will grow on me, but one of the weakest so far.

5. mol September 20, 2010 at 18:03 #

I do love those Zanotti heels.

6. Marvel September 20, 2010 at 19:44 #

If Emma Watson wears anyone of these dresses I will be a happy bunny :)

7. Jeremy September 20, 2010 at 22:26 #

Much of love I have for Mr. Kane, sometimes I have to clock my head to ask: “what the hell did this man think?” CK is probably my most favorite designer since he seems to be a big fan of sci-fi films like me. I love how his design are beautifully inspired from science, film and art and still looks modern and edgy. But some pieces I can’t even digest, esp in his Spring collections. Orange Argyle top? And that pink dress? Give her some eggs and apples and she’s ready to set up her station at some local market.

8. pascha September 21, 2010 at 00:30 #

Seeing as though she’s worn Christopher Kane before I wonder if Carey Mulligan would consider wearing this collection?

Like you’ve said in the past FC I also wish Carey would wear more UK designers. Perhaps some of those embroidered/lace numbers might be right up her alley. :)

9. Alicat September 21, 2010 at 09:11 #

Those 70s greens and oranges are difficult colours to wear. They remind me of some of the interior design horrors of my childhood. I didn’t like the colours then and I don’t like them now. However, I guess they were better than the ubiquitous “mission brown”. I am getting flashbacks!!!!!!!!