18.09.10

House Of Holland Spring 2011

With jet-lag finally catching up with me, I didn’t know how I was going to make it through House of Holland’s Spring 2011 presentation after arriving in London this morning at 7am.

As the music started and the first model took to the runway, it was jet-lag, what jet-lag?

The colour palette was bold and vivid with aquamarine, forest green, ecru, tan and lilac.

Henry Holland’s inspiration was South Beach after dark, 70s disco and Xanadu which was evident from the bold banana leaf prints and metallic pieces.

The collection was called “Something With A Fringe On Top”, so cue models swishing down the runway with fringed dresses and skirts.

Denim was also featured quite a bit with most of it pleated.

His collection was very much for the bad girl who wants to dress sexy and doesn’t like to conform to the rules. This was perfectly epitomized by the ladies in his front row.

Key accessories included cute furry earrings, furry cuffs, printed bags and Charlotte Olympia platform heels.

Front Row: Lily Allen, Amber Rose, Nicola Roberts, Agyness Deyn, Pixie Geldof and Jamie Winstone

Favourites: The denim pinafore accented with stars which was paired with a pleated skirt and the aqua asymmetrical pleated dress

Who I See Wearing This Collection: Nicola Roberts, Amber Heard, Rihanna, Katy Perry, Zooey Deschanel, Agyness Deyn, Pixie Geldof and Jamie Winstone and Kristen Stewart

Elie Saab Fall 2014 Couture Red Carpet Wish List

Elie Saab Fall 2014 Couture Red Carpet Wish List

Mary Katrantzou Spring 2011

Mary Katrantzou Spring 2011

7 Responses to House Of Holland Spring 2011

1. VB Lover September 18, 2010 at 21:22 #

Those heels are to die for!!

Question: Are you going to cover any of the shows that you didn’t attend? I am interested to see what you have to say about the Victoria Beckham SS/11 collection!

• Fashion Critic September 18, 2010 at 21:27 #

I will do at the end because so many are asking for it :D

I want to focus on those I’m actually attending at the moment x

• VB Lover September 18, 2010 at 22:18 #

YAY!! I look forward to it– and of course those that you are attending! Enjoy the shows! :-)

2. zweggy September 18, 2010 at 21:33 #

I like the golden pieces in the collection! and henry would not be henry when he didn’t use some flouffy thingys in his collection ^^

3. robbie September 18, 2010 at 22:33 #

COLOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! finally i thought it would end up being yet more dull black, white and grey although this is house of holland so hey dont do dull very often!

4. Jennifer September 18, 2010 at 23:57 #

FINALLY Henry has started to come into his own. He has finally designed a collection with a varied range of pieces to choose from, instead of basing every single piece around one theme making them all too recognisable to want to buy them. Do u get me? Maybe thats just me. I know the theme is fringing here, but at least there are some alternative cute options without the fringing. He’s branching out.

5. Fraser September 19, 2010 at 00:52 #

Loving all this colour after a lot of the NY fashion week palettes.

Hope Dannii Minogue saw this as she would look hot on X-factor in some of these pieces!