After promoting her new movie “Never Let Me Go” at the 2010 Toronto Film Festival, Carey Mulligan’s next stop was New York.

She’s attended the premiere wearing an Elie Saab Fall 2010 dress.

The black lace and tulle cocktail dress with ribbon details is one of her best looks in a long while.

Not because she’s wearing my favourite designer, but because it’s such a refreshing change to see her wearing something that doesn’t age her.

I love the hair. It’s amazing how many styles she’s giving us with her blonde pixie cut.

We don’t usually see Carey wearing this much make-up, but the strong look works well for her.

She dazzled wearing Everlon Diamond Knot jewels.

Before leaving Toronto, Carey attended a press conference for “Never Let Me Go” at the Hyatt Regency.

She wore a Vionnet Resort 2011 brown crêpe de chine dress which she paired with leopard print Prada heels.

I’m not crazy about the hair and make-up (or lack thereof it) on this occasion, but I’m glad she removed the slashed sleeves.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Vera Wang Spring 2011

Vera Wang Spring 2011

Mulberry Spring 2011

Mulberry Spring 2011

26 Responses to “Never Let Me Go” New York Premiere & Press Conference – Carey Mulligan In Elie Saab & Vionnet

1. Terry September 15, 2010 at 13:04 #

She looked amazing with the black Elie Saab dress. The Vionnet dress is not bad but that tone of brown washes her out.

2. SarahV September 15, 2010 at 13:16 #

I love those leopard shoes with the Vionnet dress!

3. ullis September 15, 2010 at 13:27 #

Cute as a button!

4. Anna September 15, 2010 at 13:35 #

The Elie Saab is amazing on her!! This is what she should use as a benchmark! And the make-up is fun, it’s cool to see gothic chic working on a blondie like myself! :)

5. Gaber September 15, 2010 at 13:36 #

I have issues with the Saab. Her breasts are throwing me off, since they create a silhouette I am not particularly fond of. I think it would work better on someone with almost no boobs. Also the skirt seems too long and too full. A shame really, because I quite like the look on the runway.
    The Vionnet-look is just plan bad. There is nothing redeeming about it.

6. hsua September 15, 2010 at 13:44 #

her shoes are prada

• Fashion Critic September 15, 2010 at 13:49 #

7. Yerdeh September 15, 2010 at 13:45 #

LOVE that Elie Saab dress. Actually it doesn’t actually look like a typical Elie Saab design.

8. Marvel September 15, 2010 at 14:05 #

I do like her in the Saab and the make up and hair does work well with the look but I think that the dress does age her. Im not expecting her to dress like Kim Kardashion but I do wish that she would wear a dress where the hemline is above the knee.
    The Vionnet look is nice (not loving the shoes with it though) but she loses points for the hair

• justme September 15, 2010 at 15:14 #

Iawtc.

• Marvel September 15, 2010 at 16:42 #

sorry what does that mean?

• justme September 15, 2010 at 19:50 #

I agree with this comment. I was being lazy lol.

9. Li September 15, 2010 at 14:23 #

I love both the looks – she’s a pretty woman and doesn’t need a lot of make up to look gorgeous… I really like the low key brown outfit with the interesting shoes. Its something I would wear! :)

10. Anna September 15, 2010 at 14:23 #

The Elie Saab dress is beautiful !
    I don’t know this girl but she’s not very smiling… she could be the sister of V.Beckham ;-)

11. Rachel September 15, 2010 at 14:38 #

I think the Elie Saab look should be a BDOTW contender! :)

12. nicky September 15, 2010 at 14:51 #

i think she looks amazingg. i am really loving this blonde shade of hair and the way she’s been styling her hair. ellie saab looks perfect on her…the makeup is spot on. i actually liked her hair in the vionnet dress! the closeups of the braid is super adorable. i love her leopard shoes

13. mol September 15, 2010 at 15:08 #

I love both looks, and I especially like the Prada leopard print shoes – she’s lucky as she can look good with makeup or without….

14. pipsqueak September 15, 2010 at 15:42 #

She looked fabulous! So chic and sophisticated. I love both looks. I don’t mind her hair in the second look, since it was a less formal occasion. I kind of like the intentionally messy hair.

15. wilwarin September 15, 2010 at 15:43 #

i’m in love with her saab look and i think drammatic make up looks amazing on her.

16. sara September 15, 2010 at 16:08 #

wowwww lovin the first outfit…i don’t usually like carey but she’s really cute here!…i have to say i prefer the model’s bra.

17. Clancy from Dallas September 15, 2010 at 16:28 #

I loooove her Elie Saab look!! amazing hair.. she doesn’t look so…. school girly…. the second look i die for the shoes, but her hair is killing me literally to the point of defeat. i can’t wait til she’s Cate Blanchett’s age, because she’s going to kill it on the carpet then.. hahaha

18. Eliza September 15, 2010 at 17:17 #

Where’s Keira Knightley during the promotion of this movie? Carey looks great but I was also looking forward to seeing what Keira would wear to this movie’s premieres. Kind of odd that she isn’t promoting this movie.

• Fashion Critic September 15, 2010 at 17:19 #

maybe she’s doing the European leg of promotions

19. abd al rahman September 15, 2010 at 21:46 #

elie saab dress amazing
    and Carey very hot

20. Cristina September 16, 2010 at 15:43 #

She looks fantastic in the Elie Saab. Gothic yet dainty at the same time. BDOTW contender!

21. mochababe73 September 17, 2010 at 03:13 #

Finally. Carey is dressing like the young lady that she is instead of a dowdy old lady. I love the black dress.
    I like the brown dress on her as well. The shoes are the perfect complement. My only issue is that I think that the dress could have been shorter.