15.09.10

Marchesa Spring 2011

The Marchesa Spring 2011 presentation took place today at the Chelsea Art Museum.

As usual I was in my element.

The collection narrates an Oriental journey filled with hand painted silk drapes and ornate hand embroidered jeweled accents.

The palette consisted of smoked sky, opaque oyster, mint and rose blush on silk, tulle, organza and laser cut silk crepe.

I marveled at the structured jeweled peplum’s with cinched in the models waists.

A blush pink strapless gown with the peplum and black embroidery was exquisite, much like the black and pearl ombre strapless tulle gown and the midnight blue strapless silk tulle dress with a floral print.

Other interesting details were the perforation which I’ve seen in a few presentation this week.

Feathers of course featured as they do in most Marchesa presentation.

The romantic allure of this collection was evident.

The tulle gown above was made for Anne Hathaway.

[nggallery id=661]

[nggallery id=662]

Elie Saab Fall 2014 Couture Red Carpet Wish List

Elie Saab Fall 2014 Couture Red Carpet Wish List

Monique Lhuillier Spring 2011

Monique Lhuillier Spring 2011

38 Responses to Marchesa Spring 2011

1. Hermione Weasley September 15, 2010 at 23:08 #

This is INCREDIBLE. I’ve been looking for twitpics all afternoon, and wow. There’s no designers that makes me go crazy like Marches does. The details are incredible. I’ve been linking pictures to everyone for hours now XD I’m a bit over-excited.

Thanks so much for this, FC. Amazing work <33

• Fashion Critic September 16, 2010 at 01:59 #

you are very welcome x

• Fashion Critic September 16, 2010 at 02:19 #

you’re welcome

2. Terry September 15, 2010 at 23:09 #

Heavenly!!!

3. molly September 15, 2010 at 23:10 #

I have been looking forward to this all week and it was not a let down!
    I love the 4th gown! . And im crushing on the pink, one shouldered cocktail dress with the flowers.

4. sonia September 15, 2010 at 23:32 #

the drawings in the tulle are fantastic! maybe it’s just because I haven’t seen enough Marchesa gowns but it seems to me this collection is less conservative than what I have seen until now!

5. Leska Faim. September 16, 2010 at 00:11 #

OMG, I loove it. Soooo beatifull. I want one, pleaseeee, hehehe.

6. Luiza September 16, 2010 at 00:13 #

the gown was REALLY made for Anne Hathaway or you just want to see her wearing it? haha

7. SydneyCheekChic September 16, 2010 at 00:19 #

OMG so breathtakingly gorgeous!! I’m not much into big gowns usually but that featured gown is just beautiful!!

8. Xail September 16, 2010 at 00:25 #

speechless!

9. Mahima September 16, 2010 at 00:31 #

i love looks 5 and 16

10. Alicat September 16, 2010 at 00:40 #

This is the stuff of fantasy. I must be a romantic at heart. The dress featured in the main photo (for Anne Hathaway you say) is the stand out creation of this collection, but many others come a very close second. How I would love to wear such a dress. Dreaming on…

11. bri01 September 16, 2010 at 00:56 #

WOW WOW WOW!!! This is by far the best collection shown at Fashion Week. Spectacular.

12. sara September 16, 2010 at 01:37 #

marchesa, oscar de la renta , elie saab…they know how to beautify women!!!…their clothes are moving.
    i love what g.champman design!

13. Kathryn September 16, 2010 at 02:28 #

I agree that this black tulle dress is divine, but I totally disagree that is was made for Anne, it screams Kate Beckinsale!!

• Cristina September 16, 2010 at 04:52 #

I thought that too when I saw it, but I’d rather see it on Anne!

14. nicole September 16, 2010 at 02:35 #

14 of 16 is my fav but they are all AMAZINGGGGGG i dont think ive felt such amazement for clothing before. because its soo much more than just clothing and i think it the first time ive really thought about how mindblowing it would be to wear such creations. im really envious of celebrities who get to wear this nnow.

15. Jess September 16, 2010 at 03:24 #

Thank you so much for posting these!
    The asymmetrical pale gray one at the end with the beading looks incredible.

16. heather ♥ September 16, 2010 at 03:24 #

I’m completely speechless.

17. Melissa September 16, 2010 at 03:43 #

It is a Womans DREAM !! Ithis gown is absolute perfection….

18. N September 16, 2010 at 04:21 #

Hands down, Marchesa is the best.

19. Cristina September 16, 2010 at 05:02 #

Marchesa makes incredible dresses but it takes incredible women to wear them because I think they often overwhelm the wearer (Vera Farmiga at the Oscars). This collection is amazing. Some of the pieces remind me of McQueen with the draped chains (Pictures #4 and 9) and Picture #7 reminds me of his Shipwrecked collection. Would love to see Cate Blanchet in #4 and Anna Paquin in a black version of #9. The purple strapless gown would be perfection on Anna Kendrick.

Thanks for all the great coverage FC!

• Fashion Critic September 16, 2010 at 05:19 #

you are very welcome.

Thanks for showing your appreciation

20. Rachel Johns September 16, 2010 at 06:27 #

I absolutely love love love ADORE the collection ! though I would’ve preferred if they used more color than the usual black and white, other that that.. superb!

Do you happen to know what the estimate price is for the collection ? or where I can get such info?
    Thanks!!

• Fashion Critic September 16, 2010 at 11:05 #

I’m not sure. I would suggest contacting there sales or Pr peeps

21. alice September 16, 2010 at 07:05 #

thank you so so much for posting these. these dresses make me want to cry. the craftsmanship. the sculpturing. it’s just incredible and i so wish that i will one day be able to design and construct such incredible garments. the draping. oh.

• Fashion Critic September 16, 2010 at 11:03 #

It was a mind blowing collection

22. mandy September 16, 2010 at 08:35 #

This is by far this season’s most impressive collection! Literally jaw dropping. FC, thank you so much for featuring this.

• Fashion Critic September 16, 2010 at 11:00 #

Believe me when I say it was my pleasure x

23. meryc September 16, 2010 at 09:10 #

Every single piece is ART!!! I really love the entire collection

24. Lei September 16, 2010 at 09:42 #

This presentation has blown my mind.
    Marchesa never disappoints… Now i just need to win the lottery so i kind afford one! :)

FC you have outdone yourself this year.. thanks!

• Fashion Critic September 16, 2010 at 10:52 #

Thanks for showing your appreciation

It’s all for you guys x

25. Camille September 16, 2010 at 14:39 #

It is so fitting that Marchesa doesn’t do the traditional runway and showcases their designs like art instead… because they are art. Truly this collection is so beautiful it just takes your breath away. I just keep going back over the photos again and again to marvel at these. Thank you Thank you for posting each individual photo!

26. wilwarin September 16, 2010 at 17:07 #

OMG can’t wait to see some of these on red carpet, my favourites are #2, #3, #4 and #9… i totall whish to see some pieces on cate blanchet (#3 and #4) and on marion cotillard (#9)… defitely the best of FW so far… tnx for NYFW coverage…

27. robbie September 16, 2010 at 17:34 #

WOW! it looks exactly like every other collection they have done in the past. love me some marchesa but seriously its always the same with them.

28. Ela September 19, 2010 at 02:49 #

Congrats FC, your blog was mentioned on
    the Marchesa Facebook page :)

• Fashion Critic September 19, 2010 at 07:30 #

Wow I just saw it

That’s so awesome thanks you x

29. Sang January 10, 2011 at 09:48 #

The Marchesa Spring 2011 collections are so beautiful, I am so in love with the dress image 17 – Miley Cyrus wore at the American music award, Where can I get this In Australia!!! I want this dress for my Brother’s Wedding