Since you all hated Thandie Newton’s previous Stella McCartney dress, she thought she’d give it another go.

At the “Vanishing On 7th Street” Premiere during the 2010 Toronto Film Festival she wore a fuchsia pink Stella McCartney Fall 2010 mini dress with black pumps.

The dress is almost exactly the same in style to her previous dress as it has the same train overlay, but this time it’s satin and the skirt is covered in paillettes.

Despite the dress having a samey feel I love the colour on her

My only wish is that she’d worn the runway shoes.

There’s nothing worse than dumbing down a look with boring heels.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

William Tempest Spring 2011

William Tempest Spring 2011

Who Wore Versace Better? Cassie or Carina Lau

Who Wore Versace Better? Cassie or Carina Lau

12 Responses to 2010 Toronto Film Festival “Vanishing On 7th Street” Premiere – Thandie Newton In Stella McCartney

1. Marvel September 14, 2010 at 12:23 #

Great dress shame about the shoes. Thats all I can really say

• Rachel September 14, 2010 at 14:31 #

I totally agree. Shame about the shoes!

2. bettybrandenburg September 14, 2010 at 13:43 #

That’s not dumbing down, it’s called keeping it simple! Why do the shoes always have to shout out? This dress speaks for itself, particularly on her!

• Naomi September 14, 2010 at 19:05 #

Black shoes don’t always mean ‘simple’, since sometimes they just don’t complement the look and ruin its general effect .
      The runway shows, IMO, are not ‘shout out’, but they contribute to the warmth of the look. If worn they would not stand out, but blend with the entire look.
      The black shoes, however, really caught my eye because they are so out of place here.
      Black doesn’t really go with everything. (:

• Fashion Critic September 14, 2010 at 20:56 #

it doesn’t which is why I’m always baffled why so many opt for it

3. Lisa September 14, 2010 at 13:48 #

Don’t like the shoes she wore, but also don’t like the runway ones. Hard to please me!

4. fozaaa September 14, 2010 at 14:18 #

I say it again: she is always perfect.

5. Manja September 14, 2010 at 16:13 #

What happend to her?!she used to nail it on the RC,but lataly she is not her self.it is a pitty,she is so beautiful,this is nice enough but forgetable…she can do much better then this

6. mol September 14, 2010 at 17:04 #

You’re right, the runway heels would have made it perfect.

7. pipsqueak September 14, 2010 at 17:41 #

Totally agree with your assessment. Thandie looked beautiful regardless. To some people, this dress may seem too simple for the red carpet, but I think it’s fitting for TIFF.

8. mochababe73 September 15, 2010 at 02:16 #

I think that the look is pretty sad on Thandie. The dress is so pretty on the runway. I’m beginning to think that it’s her.

9. happydaiz September 15, 2010 at 09:29 #

She looks good, I just wish she could manage another expression apart from ‘simpering’. Nothing wrong with smiling! Check out the runway model!