Freida Pinto looked spectacular as she walked the red carpet at the “Miral” Premiere during 2010 Toronto Film Festival.

The Indian actress wore Chanel Fall 2010 Couture dress.

Her silk dress was a great pick for her.

I think she went for this dress because the draping on the shoulder mimics a traditional sari and the colour is vibrant too.

A Judith Leiber clutch and Ferragamo heels complete her look.

I wish the heels were also gold to complement the clutch and the detail on her shoulder, otherwise I really like this look.

After the Premiere, Freida attended a dinner for the movie wearing a gorgeous Marchesa Resort 2011 dress.

Her one shoulder satin organza dress was draped with an embroidered sleeve details.

I thanked god she didn’t opt for safe dependable black pumps, instead she wore grape Ferragamo pumps.

Credit: Style.com, Zuma & Getty

Live Stream: Elie Saab Fall 2014 Couture

Live Stream: Elie Saab Fall 2014 Couture

“Never Let Me Go” New York Premiere & Press Conference – Carey Mulligan In Elie Saab & Vionnet

33 Responses to 2010 Toronto Film Festival “Miral” Premiere & Dinner – Freida Pinto In Chanel Couture & Marchesa

1. JJovana3 September 14, 2010 at 22:41 #

That length on Chanel dress is incredibly hard to pull off. Not for petite gals. None the less, she looks gorgeous. I prefer the Marchesa look on her :)

2. Sisi September 14, 2010 at 22:41 #

WOW,she looks amazing in Chanel Couture.
    Actually, when i first looked the Chanel Couture, i hardly imaged anyone could pull it off well. She did a great job. She looks really good.

3. Rebecca September 14, 2010 at 22:42 #

I’m with you on the shoes–both pairs! But she looks goprgeous.

4. dee September 14, 2010 at 22:54 #

Not too crazy about the Chanel dress on her but I love the Marchesa dress. Hair, makeup and accessories are perfect.

5. mol September 14, 2010 at 23:06 #

She looks spectacualr in the Marchesa, but I’m having trouble with the length of the Chanel Couture and the shoes she chose to wear.

6. SarahV September 14, 2010 at 23:21 #

I think the Chanel dress is just ugly to begin with… So props to her for making it look decent, but I still don’t really like it!

7. sara September 14, 2010 at 23:24 #

the first dress is horrible, the shape is so unflattering…about the second outfit i like the marchesa and the pumps but the clutch and the shoes don’t work very well together.

8. Jen September 14, 2010 at 23:26 #

Wow, she looks fantastic on both counts. What a gorgeous girl!

9. Lydia September 14, 2010 at 23:34 #

The only thing that bothers me about the Chanel dress is that on the model the waist is more defined, and on Freida it barely looks like that fold is there? could just be the pictures.

10. Chiara September 14, 2010 at 23:39 #

I think I don’t like this Chanel collection… So far…
    The Marchesa is cute but in leopard I think I liked the Chloe Sevigny’s Lanvin’s better

11. lou September 14, 2010 at 23:42 #

I’m not super keen on either look – I feel they age her a little bit.

12. Amanda September 15, 2010 at 00:19 #

I prefer the Marchesa dress on her- I think the Chanel one is maybe too big, she looks like she’s drowning in it.

On the other hand, I don’t like her makeup on the second look.

13. Marvel September 15, 2010 at 00:43 #

I really hate her in the Chanel. I really dislike her hair, it looks so messy and like she just woke up. I really think the length is unforgiving and not at all flattering. Plus Im not a fan of the draped detail on the side.

I do love her in the Marchesa though

14. Improper-bostonian September 15, 2010 at 01:51 #

I think the length of the red dress is not flattering to her. either longer or shorter (just below the knee). Where it is makes the dress a little matronly on such a small framed woman.

15. mochababe73 September 15, 2010 at 01:57 #

Iam not a fan of her in either dress.
    The length on the Chanel dress is odd. Maybe if the two puffs of fabric on the skirt were eliminated, she wouldn’t look so short.
    I like the print on the Marchesa. In fact, I like everything about the dress except for the shoulder detail.

16. molly September 15, 2010 at 02:13 #

Yea! When I first saw that Marchesa dress, i was hoping she would wear it! And Im loving those purple pumps.
    Im not so sure about the Chanel dress. I like the color, but thats about it. I really am not a fan of the style nor the length. However, she does pull it off better than anyone else could.

17. healy September 15, 2010 at 02:52 #

well she looks better on Marchesa dress. So fab and her face adds more excitement on the dress;)kudos

18. Hisadora September 15, 2010 at 02:58 #

I’m really loving her shoe choice just because it gets a little out of that thing red and gold. Red is just amazing on her and I’m not going to spend time writing about how fabulous this Chanel Couture dress is. Perfection in both looks!

19. Z FASHION BLOG September 15, 2010 at 05:26 #

I’m also not crazy about any of the 2 dresses.

20. mimi September 15, 2010 at 06:09 #

I love the marchesa look. on the other hand chanel not so much

21. nicole September 15, 2010 at 06:33 #

love the second look!!

22. nicky September 15, 2010 at 07:48 #

not very many ppl can pull off the chanel dress…i think tht material is very hard to wear in the first place. nonethless, i think freida looks gorgeous. the waist needs more defining and the hair needs tidying but i love the red.

marchesa is perfect on her!

23. Alfie September 15, 2010 at 07:51 #

Wow, Karl is really loaning the Couture like no other. I’m surprised that these looks are being pulled off in the red carpet, I didn’t really think it was possible with this collection but props to everyone who did.

24. bettybrandenburg September 15, 2010 at 09:49 #

The Chanel is mumsy and awkward, Karl really ran out of ideas here…

25. kiwi September 15, 2010 at 09:56 #

The chanel dress is a lovely colour, but the length is a bit awkard. The Marchesa is gorgeous

26. jello September 15, 2010 at 10:22 #

Really don’t like the Chanel dress at all on her. It’s much too old for her and she doesn’t have the height to pull it off.

27. Lisa September 15, 2010 at 12:46 #

What a shame. The first dress just swamps her. You can clearly see that the side panels are far too low on her hips when you compare it with the model. Seems to me that she/her stylist picked this dress because it is Chanel Couture, rather than seeing the dress first and deciding it would suit her.
    Lose the clutch on the 2nd look and i would love that.

28. Lalitha September 15, 2010 at 13:11 #

I am not loving the Chanel dress. I like the Marchesa dress more… but I always feel that the clothes wear her and not the other way around, you know?

29. Moxie September 15, 2010 at 15:51 #

The Chanel dress would be great if it were a little longer or a little shorter. And get rid of the epaulet, it just makes the dress too busy. The shoes don’t go, but at least they are better than the model’s clunky boots.

The second look is much better. Love the shoe choice.

30. Ayesha September 15, 2010 at 16:30 #

she’s totally ruined the beautful chanel dress for me,and her hair and make up is awful….
    the marchesa look is much better but again i have issues with her make up.

31. sonia September 15, 2010 at 23:45 #

did she close her eyes and pick the drees ramdonly? my God what a terrible look!

32. Cristina September 16, 2010 at 15:30 #

Frieda in fuchsia! Divine!! BDOTW contender for sure!

33. Sienna June 20, 2011 at 15:10 #

Love both looks on her. I actually like the length of the Chanel on her and the colour is amazing against her skin. Love the Marchesa as well.