13.09.10

2010 MTV VMAs – Lady GaGa In Alexander McQueen

Best Tribute Award
Everyone was waiting to see what Lady Gaga was going to wear at the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards and she didn’t let us down.

I love that she continues to outdo herself.

The singer dominated the red carpet – literally – wearing an Alexander McQueen gown.

If you think you seen this gown before, it’s because GaGa wore it in her Vanity Fair editorial.

Her gown with a bejeweled collar was maximized with a tulle underlay to give it plenty of volume.

The singer also wore those impossible to walk in Alexander McQueen Spring 2010 armadillo heels.

If you were wondering why she was assisted down the red carpet by two people those heels answer that question.

As my mother always says, “Beauty is Pain.”

GaGa’s look was completed with a gold feathered Philip Tracey hat.

At this point I’m not sure we’re going to see the Alexander McQueen Fall 2010 collection on the red carpet.

If not Cate Blanchett nor Lady GaGa, who’s left to have that honour bestowed to them?

Credit: Reuters

2010 MTV VMAs - Katy Perry In Marchesa

2010 MTV VMAs – Katy Perry In Marchesa

2010 MTV VMAs Round Up

2010 MTV VMAs Round Up

33 Responses to 2010 MTV VMAs – Lady GaGa In Alexander McQueen

1. Maky September 13, 2010 at 04:48 #

Keep up with the good job FC,with the film festivals, fashion week,award show and jet lag,am surprised you’re still up..lol
    Good job :)

2. mm September 13, 2010 at 05:04 #

She can bring the drama! I like the entire look sands the hair. It just all works for her

3. luis September 13, 2010 at 05:29 #

wonderful tribute!

4. mol September 13, 2010 at 06:26 #

Had to miss it all – but such a treat to open this before bed…..yum, I adore! Thanks F.C., i can always count on u!

• Fashion Critic September 13, 2010 at 11:37 #

I try not to let you down ;)

5. june September 13, 2010 at 06:42 #

i’m really not a fan of those shoes, but i love everything else about this.

6. Liza September 13, 2010 at 07:24 #

Maybe I am biased against Gaga, but I think that it is not the best tribute. Sadly she makes many of the clothes she wears look costume-y and and this McQueen is a dramatic and difficult gown.
    Also her hair is in the way of the collar!

7. Gretta September 13, 2010 at 08:26 #

I love it! She’s on my BDOTW and I haven’t even scrolled down the page yet!

8. Ainee September 13, 2010 at 08:40 #

This is from the fall 10 collection… Or do you mean people besides lady gaga? I think they are very icy in loaning out the last collection Lee worked on. I have only seen any fall 10 pieces in a few editorials. And on lady gaga of course.

• Fashion Critic September 13, 2010 at 11:35 #

Unsure which collection this is from, I was saying I hoped to see someone wearing the Fall collection

• lukie September 14, 2010 at 00:35 #

It is very much like SJP’s Mcqueen dress to the CFDA’s (but in a very Fall 2010 print) it was probably custom made for Gaga after Mcqueen died, in her interview she said it was from Mcqueen’s last collection, so IDK? I don’t really like that she added all the green tulle to the dress.

9. sara September 13, 2010 at 09:51 #

she seems the queen of hearts!!it’s sad you need two person to walk because of a dress…people has to wear clothes intead of clothes wearing people…altought lady gaga is more about show than style as we know.

10. Naomi September 13, 2010 at 10:18 #

I think this is the first Gaga look I really love from head to toe. The Armani Privé she wore to the grammys was great, but I hated her make-up there.
    Here everything matches perfectly – The hair, hat, make-up, shoes, jewelry.
    BDOTW for sure!

11. wilwarin September 13, 2010 at 10:19 #

i love it… McQueen is one of my favourite designers and i’m really happy one someone gives justice to his creations… and i absolutely love this look, head to toe…
    and about AMQ Fall 2010 collection, there’s still hope and i really hope that tilda swinton or cate blanchet wear it because you need really strong character to wear those dresses…

• Fashion Critic September 13, 2010 at 11:31 #

I forgot about Tilda. Yes she’s now my remaining hope

12. Grégory De Vos September 13, 2010 at 11:36 #

Even if I’m not a fan of that girl, I think the Mcqueen is her least tacky look… It works for her but I don’t see the interest to wear those heels when nobody is supposed to see them (pain for nothing in fact)…
    The worst for me is the meat dress+clutch+shoes she wore later… Disgusting!

13. Jess September 13, 2010 at 11:38 #

If only she had pulled her hair back, it would have been perfection

14. manja September 13, 2010 at 12:04 #

not a fan o hers,not liking it, sorry

15. Lara September 13, 2010 at 12:06 #

wow… perfect. I’m speechless

16. Marvel September 13, 2010 at 13:08 #

I thought this was from the Fall collection and I recoiled in horror that she was the first to wear it. Thank god it wasnt her!

I’d imagine Cate is probably saving it for a big occasion like the Oscars or maybe Salma Hayek might be the first. She has dibs on everything

17. Z Fashion Blog September 13, 2010 at 14:15 #

Absolutely divine!
    She looks like a goddess!

It’s sad that McQueen is not here to see this himself…

18. James September 13, 2010 at 14:46 #

Just an FYI, there were actually 4 people walking with her on the red carpet- all gay and lesbian former members of the armed services, and more of a protest at the Dont ask Dont tell policy that prevents gays and lesbians serving openly. They weren’t just there to hold her hand!

• Fashion Critic September 13, 2010 at 15:07 #

OK thanks for the info. :)

19. Leti September 13, 2010 at 15:04 #

Gaga’s escorts were all former U.S. military service members who were discharged under the “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy. There were four in all.

20. Rosie September 13, 2010 at 16:05 #

When she was being interviewed I’m pretty sure she said that this was a dress from his final collection… Could it be one that didn’t make it down the runway?

• Fashion Critic September 13, 2010 at 16:15 #

could be. thanks I missed the pre-show

21. crazyme97 September 13, 2010 at 16:32 #

LLLOOVVVEE IITT!!
    But it reminds me of Sarah Jessica Parker purple McQueen gown from Resort Collection!!

22. Bonnie September 13, 2010 at 17:39 #

Even though it was not typical Lady Gaga,she brought the much needed fashion drama to the VMA.She was indeed the Lady.

23. Susan September 13, 2010 at 18:38 #

The first two dress were pretty tame for her and nicely done actually. I liked them. The meat dress? Ugh.

24. Sharon September 13, 2010 at 20:28 #

I just love the McQueen dress, but I feel just the opposite about the shoes. I wish there was a picture of her standing up and standing still so that I could see the whole gown. This is my BDOTW or maybe even BDOTY!

25. Rebel September 14, 2010 at 01:48 #

I loved EVERYTHING about this look. BTOTWC

26. stacey September 15, 2010 at 19:22 #

O How I lovew Those Shoes Only gaga baby….Love It!!!!

27. Lolita September 17, 2010 at 20:43 #

She’s a complete disaster and she should be ashamed of her disgusting meat dress. She’s full of bad taste, really and I would feel sick wearing the blood of animals that have been killed to her stupid ridiculous dress!!