2010 MTV VMAs – Florence Welch In Givenchy Couture

Best Dressed Award
Like Ciara, Florence Welch also wore a look from the Givenchy Fall 2010 Couture collection to the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards.

It like waiting for buses.  You wait ages for one and two come along at once.

The British singer wore her gold lace Couture dress without a belt and gold accessories.

I love the pose. It’s so danity and elegant.

She really knows how to work a dress.

This look could’ve easily washed her out, but the red lippie and hair prevent that.

She was easily one of my favourites on the night.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

24 Comments
2010 MTV VMAs -  Hayley Williams In Miu Miu

2010 MTV VMAs – Hayley Williams In Miu Miu

2010 MTV VMAs - Ashley Greene In Giambattista Valli

2010 MTV VMAs – Ashley Greene In Giambattista Valli

24 Responses to 2010 MTV VMAs – Florence Welch In Givenchy Couture

1. Laura September 13, 2010 at 03:45 #

Such a great look wasted on the VMA’s. Don’t get me wrong, I love this look, but it’s way too good for the VMA’s. Still a stunning look, though.

• Fashion Critic September 13, 2010 at 04:05 #

I’m with you. The same happened last year at the EMAs when Beyonce Atelier Versace and Katy Perry wore Marchesa. Two of the best dresses from their respective collections

• Laura September 13, 2010 at 04:14 #

Oh I forgot about those two. That was the week Camilla Belle wore the McQueen dress, right? What are these labels thinking lending out their best dresses for such crappy red carpets?

2. Thomas Monks September 13, 2010 at 03:45 #

love shes working the runway bag and shoes as well

3. Hisadora September 13, 2010 at 03:51 #

What an amazing dress. And she totally pulls it off. Outstanding.

4. mm September 13, 2010 at 04:16 #

She deserves best dressed. Sadly i am sure the VMA crowd doesnt even know what a work of art they are looking at. Well I am glad the dress is seeing the red carpet, hopefully someone will wear the look with that stunning belt also

5. lukie September 13, 2010 at 04:20 #

She is amazing I love her, she is by far best dressed! Love it!!! :)

6. justme September 13, 2010 at 04:36 #

I join the too good for the VMAs wagon.

7. Ev September 13, 2010 at 05:16 #

I really, REALLY wish she had worn the belt. She still looks great, but the belt would’ve made her look mind-blowing.

• manja September 13, 2010 at 12:25 #

my thoughts as well,and diff shouse too,otherwise it is a great look none the less

8. mol September 13, 2010 at 06:42 #

Too much dress for the event, but I don’t care as Florence looks so very great – I loved Tisci’s fall 2010 collection, it was a favorite…..

9. nicky September 13, 2010 at 08:48 #

she looks greatt. love her hair and lipstick as well. couldve looked totally costumey but she has the right attitude to pull off the dress.

10. sara September 13, 2010 at 09:55 #

as much i love those givenchy haute couture dress i feel a bit disappointed…sthng is missing…and i don’t like these shoes here!

• Rashmi September 13, 2010 at 11:45 #

I agree.. there is definitely something missing.. its either her posture or the shoes.. may be the hair as well!!

11. wilwarin September 13, 2010 at 10:05 #

i just adore florence, yes maybe dress is vasted for suc occasion but still i’m happy to see it on red carpet, i hope we’ll see it even more because that collection is piece of art.

12. Louise September 13, 2010 at 10:10 #

Amazing dress. But agree it is a pity it was wasted on an event that won’t get much print coverage.
    Should definitely be up for BDOTW.

13. michelle September 13, 2010 at 13:01 #

she is giving me life. she looks amazing. i think adding the belt would have been out of place for the vmas

14. Marvel September 13, 2010 at 13:13 #

She looks great but I dont like the orange hair. I prefer her with red hair

15. Kim September 13, 2010 at 14:34 #

She looked great minus the hair. I didn’t like the style.

16. Leo September 13, 2010 at 14:53 #

It takes Florence to save this awards show. What’s was going on at the VMAs? It was train wreck fashion week. So many bad looks together like never seen before.

17. Sharon September 13, 2010 at 20:46 #

She looks fantastic. Love the red hair against the dress.

18. pipsqueak September 13, 2010 at 23:00 #

Wow … stunning! I didn’t even recognize Florence, b/c of the updo, but it goes so well with this gown. Best dressed for me! I’m sorry that she had to attend our crappy VMA. Oh well … for mass market success she deserves, it’s worth it.

19. Jennifer September 14, 2010 at 00:37 #

Correction FC, you wait for one and THREE come along at once! Florence rocked a second Givenchy (i think) dress to this event also, a black one, cementing her status as a gothic/ethereal style queen. Love her, a breath of fresh air.

• Fashion Critic September 14, 2010 at 00:47 #