2010 MTV VMAs – Ashley Greene In Giambattista Valli

Light Up Your Face With Gladness Award
Every time I see Ashley Greene on the red carpet lately I feel like pulling out my teeth because I think it would be less painful.

With a sad face like that she should have stayed at home instead of walking the red carpet at the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards.

At the time writing this post she’s not smiling in a single picture.

If I was granted the opportunity to wear this stunning white Giambattista Valli Resort 2011 strapless mini dress with a black lace overlay I’d be smiling for a week, but Ashley looks like her cat just died.

Had she thrown her shoulders back, smiled and opted for better shoes she would’ve got at 10 out of 10 from me.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Rita Ora In Chanel - 106 & Park

Rita Ora In Chanel – 106 & Park

2010 MTV VMAs - Katy Perry In Marchesa

2010 MTV VMAs – Katy Perry In Marchesa

26 Responses to 2010 MTV VMAs – Ashley Greene In Giambattista Valli

1. Laura September 13, 2010 at 04:02 #

If you’re not going to smile, why pick such a cutesy dress like that? At least KStew has the courtesy to pick dark/hard looks. Seriously, I love this look, but the way she’s wearing it is destroying it for me. Such a shame too, because I love Valli’s resort collection and this does it no justice.

• Fashion Critic September 13, 2010 at 04:20 #

lol I knew someone would find a picture at some point which is why i wrote at the time of writing this post.

• manja September 13, 2010 at 12:23 #

she lookd abs georgues,smileans atitude made a hughe diff,bdotw def

2. misschatty September 13, 2010 at 04:25 #

I think she looks nice. But I wish she would wear different heels cause she usually wears black pumps and it’s kinda boring.

The smiling thing is weird. Ashley is usually quite smiley on the red-carpet so maybe it’s just not been a great day?

3. Caitie September 13, 2010 at 04:28 #

I don’t know how does the fact that she’s not smiling affect the dress at all. We’d see models all smiles walking the runway if it does in anyway.

I think she looks gorgeous, and the dress is really lovely minus the bow.

• Fashion Critic September 13, 2010 at 04:48 #

She’s not a model, she’s an actress and like someone said before an actress that usually is very smiley on the red carpet.

If someone looks unhappy of course it brings down the mood.

I never said I didn’t like the dress the dress is gorgeous.

4. mariana September 13, 2010 at 06:35 #

The comment on the cat and the one on the bus were so funny!!! you are on fire today!! great job on the coverage of NYFW, the festivals etc… love to keep up with everything with you!! tks!!

• Fashion Critic September 13, 2010 at 11:36 #

LOL thank you. ;)

5. Lulu September 13, 2010 at 07:50 #

Luv the dress!!!!! Can someone plz tell me how much this dress cost? Hope it’s not over 400$ :/

• Fashion Critic September 13, 2010 at 11:35 #

I’m sure it will be

6. ullis September 13, 2010 at 09:35 #

Gorgeous dress but I think it would look even better on someone who doesnt have a square-body!

Come on Ashley – smiiiiiiiiiiile :) :) maybe the bearding/fake bf is the reason for the not so happy face…lol

• Fashion Critic September 13, 2010 at 11:33 #

lol ;)

7. sara September 13, 2010 at 09:54 #

most of the times is more about the attitude than the clothes, blake lively is good example, i can imagine her with her shoulders back!

8. Alina September 13, 2010 at 10:02 #

She just doesn’t look happy to be there and this is so sad because her dress is sooooo beautiful.

9. wilwarin September 13, 2010 at 10:16 #

she’s goodlooking and i love the dress but there’s something about her that always sucks life out interesting pieces and makes them dull…

10. Marvel September 13, 2010 at 13:11 #

JJ is reporting theyre Jimmy Choos.

Im sure walking the red carpet is exhausting so I think I can forgive her, just this once :) She looks great though

11. anastasia September 13, 2010 at 13:26 #

oh my God!!!!!why she is not smiling????she has such a wonderful smile………Maybe kstewart affect her!!!!!She is a famous actress she have to smile all day ………Not only for her but for her fans too.!!!!i dont like the twi girls in the red carpet,they seem like someone torture them!!!!
    anyway…….THE DRESS IS FABULOUS….I REALLY <333 this one……….
    she could have worn better shoes…….why only pumps????

12. Catherine September 13, 2010 at 13:44 #

She looks very pretty..i’ve noticed that the top part of the dress is a tad *too* snug though.
    Would have been more exciting with a different pair of shoes but she still looks nice.

13. Leo September 13, 2010 at 14:58 #

As usual she picks up a dress that makes her look like a box. Who’s dressing this girl? Did her stylist never study proportion?

14. Hannah September 13, 2010 at 20:15 #

I really hope she didn’t dye her hair back, it looksso much better dark. Anyway, it i sa stunnign dress, but Ashley looks the same as always, boring and not flattering.

15. Sharon September 13, 2010 at 20:41 #

I wish her skirt fit more like the runway version — a little longer and lower on the hips with the belt showing more and the rose or bow or whatever that is showing less. .

16. Sean September 13, 2010 at 22:47 #

She’s actually smiling in this picture – and it makes such a HUGE difference!

• Fashion Critic September 13, 2010 at 22:53 #

it does.

17. jana September 14, 2010 at 21:15 #

Looks way better on Ashley than the model. Model needs to eat asap.

18. heels September 25, 2010 at 03:31 #

this dress is kind of classic and mix some element of this year like black lace and flower lap,but like the comment said before,smile will be better!