12.09.10

Fashion’s Night Out In New York City

Leighton Meester looked amazing at the Roger Vivier Fashion’s Night Out event in New York City last night.

Her Emilio de la Morena Spring 2010 dress has the right amount of pretty edginess that’s not too try hard.

I’m glad she shorten it and didn’t wear the belt. This is how you modify a look to suit your style without losing any of the original appeal.

Victoria Beckham was at Bergdorf Goodman for FNO.

She wore a dress from her Fall 2010 collection with Brian Atwood heels.

The dress is nice enough, but the hair is getting worse.

Can someone please return the real Rachel Bilson.

This is the second time I love what she’s wearing and she’s actually done something with her hair for a change.

Loving the make-up to.

Her Suno Resort 2011 dress is the kinda fun colourful dress someone like her should be wearing on the red carpet sans those darn ankle boots of course.

Rachel attended the Sunglass Hut FNO event.

I almost fell of my chair when I saw Dakota Fanning wearing a latex Prada Fall 2010 dress at the Prada FNO event.

I still see Dakota as a 12 years old, so I’m feeling a tad uncomfortable about this, which makes me feel really old.

Elettra Wiedemann’s Stella McCartney asymmetrical satin dress with a train from the Fall 2010 collection looked amazing on Lancome girl as she celebrated FNO with the cosmetic brand.

She was second favourite of the night.

Sarah Jessica Parker was at the Fred Leighton FNO event.

She dazzled wearing an Oscar de la Renta Resort 2011 dress with Brian Atwood heels.

Credit: Style.com, Fame Pictures & Getty

Tadashi Shoji Spring 2011

Tadashi Shoji Spring 2011

Rachel Antonoff Spring 2011

Rachel Antonoff Spring 2011

29 Responses to Fashion’s Night Out In New York City

1. pipsqueak September 12, 2010 at 03:17 #

Thank you for your tireless work. I made tonight a movie/laundry night just so I could check your blog, even though my BF isn’t too happy. Ok … TMI :b About the clothes, Elettra is my fave – so simple yet beautiful. I’m surprised that Victoria lets her hair get to this. But in a weird way, I like her better now for being less-than-perfect, real and a bit relaxed – unlike a mannequin.

• Fashion Critic September 12, 2010 at 04:19 #

you’re welcome x

2. Sara September 12, 2010 at 03:19 #

What does TIFF stand for?

Also, Dakota Fanning looks wonderful in Prada, even if it doesn’t seem age appropriate. :)

• Laura September 12, 2010 at 04:00 #

I believe Toronto International Film Festival. Oh, and it goes September 9-19. So because FC hasn’t covered the first couple days, she’s OBVIOUSLY not going to cover the whole festival.

Hope my sarcasm is evident.

• Fashion Critic September 12, 2010 at 04:21 #

It is and appreciated

• Ev September 12, 2010 at 04:09 #

I guess TIFF stands for Toronto International Film Festival.
      I don’t know what exactly but something really bothers me about Dakota’s look and it’s not about her age. She doesn’t look bad or ridiculous, but in my head I can’t match her child-like face with black latex.

3. Hannah September 12, 2010 at 03:35 #

Victoria is making me sad jsut looking at her. I really haveno idea what ahppened to her, but I hope it changes. The prada collection was not made for dakota at all, certainly not that dress, mayve the knitwear would have been better ? The summer collectionwould ahv ebeen much prefered.

4. Hermione Weasley September 12, 2010 at 04:00 #

Leighton looks oustanding! She’s my favorite along with Rachel.

5. Laura September 12, 2010 at 04:07 #

Love Leighton’s look. Leighton seems to wear neutrals a lot anymore. I think Posh’s hair just replaced Mel B as “Scary Spice.” I really love Rachel’s look sans those shoes of course.

Even though Dakota’s not 12, she’s still too young for this look. I like Elettra’s look, but it feels like it’s a bit much for the occasion. And I love SJP’s look. She’s not trying to get all the photogs to flock to her. Beautiful and event-appropriate. SJP’s my favorite of the event.

• Naomi September 12, 2010 at 08:53 #

Totally agree about SJP, she knocked it out of the park, she looked amazing.
      Leighton Meester looked simple and nice. I still would’ve liked her to keep the belt, but glad she got rid of the sheer bottom. I hope this sheer trend will not stay for long. It’s nice, but already feels overused.

6. natalie September 12, 2010 at 05:37 #

i am also in shock that rachel bilson did her hair twice and looked good twice IN A ROW. looking forward to all your upcoming coverage, thank you so much!!!

7. Kaz September 12, 2010 at 07:50 #

Wow! I love Rachel and SJP. Really stunning.

Very happy with your coverage choices as always, FC!

• Fashion Critic September 12, 2010 at 10:48 #

8. Kiwi September 12, 2010 at 11:43 #

Elettra and Leighton r looking so good

9. ullis September 12, 2010 at 11:56 #

Regarding Leighton – this is more like it! Im glad she is back to old Leighton with normal make up and has ditched the goth look!

After watching “the runaways” I now see Dakota in another light! Its a recommendation if you want to view Dakota differently..

Hope you’re enjoying the fw :)

• Fashion Critic September 12, 2010 at 12:20 #

I’ve ordered the DVD of the Runways on Amazon US as it’s not out in the UK yet

FW is amazing :)

10. Joy September 12, 2010 at 13:31 #

Leighton and Rachel are my favorites at this event. Leighton looks very chic (hope she keeps it up) and Rachel’s Suno dress is adorable.

11. Marvel September 12, 2010 at 16:56 #

My favourite is Leighton here. Rachel looks good and I believe she has gotten rid of her ombre hair. NOT happy about those darn boots

12. Emma September 12, 2010 at 18:00 #

Leighton looks amazing, best dressed for sure! Rachel was second best dressed, gorgeous Suno dress!

Great coverage on NYFW! Your twitter is a must to follow!!

• Fashion Critic September 12, 2010 at 18:12 #

13. NinaDK September 12, 2010 at 18:14 #

Love both Leighton and Rachel !! Does anyone know where Leighton’s shoes are from ? And I think the coverage is prioritzed just perfect FC..

• Fashion Critic September 12, 2010 at 18:40 #

14. mm September 12, 2010 at 18:34 #

My favorite was SJP!

• mol September 12, 2010 at 18:45 #

Me too, although Leighton was a close second for me.

15. M September 12, 2010 at 18:43 #

i have to agree on VB. But her sidewalk style the past few days in NY have been fantastic. (This I have to admit). On events, she just does not seem to do it as well as on the sidewalk. Disappointing…

• Fashion Critic September 12, 2010 at 19:02 #

It’s most bizarre why she hardly gets it right on the RC

16. Sara September 12, 2010 at 21:14 #

Did you see this FC?

• Fashion Critic September 12, 2010 at 22:25 #

thanks. I’ve have contacted the livejournal

She’s totally fabricated the issue.

17. mochababe73 September 13, 2010 at 02:34 #

I like Leighton’s dress, but I wonder what it would have looked like if it were sleeveless.
    Love Victoria’s dress. I am not a fan of black, but the dress is pretty.
    I love what Rachel has on. However, I don’t like her hair, make-up, or footwear.
    I am on the fence with Dakota’s dress. I really want to like it.
    Not a fan of the orange mullet dress. Although, I do like the color.
    And, a rare occasion for me, I really like Sarah Jessica’s dress.