British actress Carey Mulligan is at the 2010 Toronto Film Festival to promote her new movie, “Never Let Me Go.”

I thought it would’ve been easy to guess Carey’s red carpet look for this premiere – Prada or Miu Miu – but she surprised me by wearing a British designer.

I say I’m surprised because during awards season she only wore a British designer once which I think is a shame because she could’ve given many designers some much needed international coverage. *steps down of my soap box*

She wore a Christopher Kane Resort 2011 dress with an ‘Out of Space’ print.

Her sleeveless high-neck dress was paired with ruby Prada pumps.

Despite the fact that her look is neither Prada nor Miu Miu the silhouette remains the same.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

28 thoughts on “2010 Toronto Film Festival “Never Let Me Go” Premiere – Carey Mulligan In Christopher Kane

1. mm

I am usually not a super fan of her looks on the red carpet. But she looks adorable, i think the print just gives her that sparkle

2. Lee Ann

I quite like this and don’t mind the extra length although I find the shoes a bit heavy. Her Oct US Vogue cover is stunning

3. mol

She looks adorable, but the shoes are pretty blah….I know she’s not an edgy type, but I do love the shoes on the models…..,.

4. Hannah

I just melted. everythign is perfect. She looks unique and amazing. I LOVED that collection (as I do all Kane collections) and I love it even more on Carey.

5. chiara

I really like her style and I think that dress suits very well her personality,I’m also loving her grown up pixie hair cut.

6. zoe

carey looks absolutely amazing! and that smile lights up her face! i’d love it if she was in the running for bdotw! i want this outfit :)

7. Alicat

I think the “Out of Space” fabric would be better suited to a more “out there” style of dress. The shorter version on the model is better. It looks as if they have taken the runway version and just tacked on extra fabric below the white edging. The added length and choice of shoes changes its whole vibe to “mumsy”. Not a fan of this look, but I admit to not being a fan of her style. She often looks like a kid playing dress-ups.

8. mochababe73

I love this dress, but, as usual, she looks old and dowdy. I don’t know what it is about her that makes the clothes just look terrible. Carey is such a cute woman. Maybe she should have shortened it to about the knee.

9. Clover

SERIOUS QUESTION for any designers, photographers, or fashion peeps out there: why is that model looking so sulky? Why do models need to frown and pout? Wouldn’t a smile make us feel more positive about the outfit? As it is, I’m thinking ‘Well if it makes her THAT miserable to wear it…’
    Can anyone give me an answer on this one?

10. june

i kind of wished the dress didn’t have that aqua seam running through the middle of it. it breaks up the amazing space print

11. nicky

i love the ruby against the blue. her hair is styled sooo well. she looks amazing. i dont actually like the length of the dress but she pulls it off! she has such an individual and unique style..love tht about her

12. Terry

Love this dress, the print is to die for. She looked cute, but she should have worn the magnificent Zanotti sandals (seen on the models) to give this dress a twist.

13. Marvel

I dont know how I feel about this look, I think that she would have looked great in the unmodified dress but I love the print and the paired shoes

14. María Paz

Ella es hermosa pero el vestido no me termina de convencer… a primera vista me dio la impresión que tenía una agregado de tela para hacerlo más largo. Demasiada tela para mi gusto. El modelo la envejece…

15. Jennifer

INCREDIBLE. She literally looks out of this world. Love her hair with it, love the shoes, love the silhouette on her. Great.